The loading process - Sinclair

This is a discussion on The loading process - Sinclair ; Hi everyone, Long ago I had a ZX Spectrum clone (called Sintez, it was available in the USSR). I would load the programs from tapes and throughout the loading process I watched what happened on the screen: - lines of ...

  1. The loading process

    Hi everyone,

    Long ago I had a ZX Spectrum clone (called Sintez, it was available in
    the USSR). I would load the programs from tapes and throughout the
    - lines of various colours in motion
    - or coloured rectangular frames around the game's illustration

    Does someone know how to interpret those colours and lines? Different
    games had lines of a different thickness and colour, etc. Are they
    colour coded checksums of the data streams that were read off the
    tape? It always puzzled me.
    Alex

  2. Re: The loading process

    Alex Railean schrieb:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Long ago I had a ZX Spectrum clone (called Sintez, it was available in
    > the USSR). I would load the programs from tapes and throughout the
    > - lines of various colours in motion
    > - or coloured rectangular frames around the game's illustration
    >

    > Does someone know how to interpret those colours and lines? Different
    > games had lines of a different thickness and colour, etc. Are they
    > colour coded checksums of the data streams that were read off the
    > tape? It always puzzled me.
    > Alex

    Hi Alex,
    I think, these are just differend custom loaders, because it was boring
    to use always the standard Loader from ROM. The thickness of lines means
    Speed of Loader and 0/1 Bits (they differ in signal length).
    Lyra II Megademo original loader for Tape version uses for example the
    complete screen as border area to show the stripes.

    LCD

+ Reply to Thread