Japanese ZX81 - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Japanese ZX81 - Sinclair ; http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b91409905...

  1. Japanese ZX81

  2. Re: Japanese ZX81

    Nama wrote:

    > http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b91409905

    Coo. Stuff always looks cooler in Japanese, doesn't it?

    Except this, of course:
    http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/ck...et/cbm-j64.jpg

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  3. Re: Japanese ZX81

    Duncan Snowden wrote:
    > Except this, of course:
    > http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/ck...et/cbm-j64.jpg

    Is that a fridge shelf it's sitting on? What were they thinking? You
    don't keep bread in the fridge.

  4. Re: Japanese ZX81

    "Matthew Westcott" wrote ...

    > Duncan Snowden wrote:
    >> Except this, of course:
    >> http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/ck...et/cbm-j64.jpg

    > Is that a fridge shelf it's sitting on? What were they thinking? You don't
    > keep bread in the fridge.

    I keep a ZX-81 in the freezer. A frozen ZX-81 shatters into smaller pieces
    than an unfrozen one when you throw it off a cliff onto the rocks below!
    ;-)

    There are, of course, other good uses for a frozen ZX-81.

    a. Place it under the wheels of a truck and drive over it.
    b. Strike it to be sure your 3 pound mallet still works.
    c. Feed it into a tree shredder.
    d. Use in place of a clay pigeon at a skeet shoot.

    Anyone care to add to the list? :-)
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    If you don't pay your exorcist,
    will you become repossessed?

  5. Re: Japanese ZX81

    On 2008-10-12, Sam Gillett wrote:

    > There are, of course, other good uses for a frozen ZX-81.
    >
    > Anyone care to add to the list? :-)

    Yeah, shoving up the backsides of commode 64 abusers, then kicking
    them in the balls to cause the '81 to shatter into
    sinclair-impregnated fragments!

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  6. Re: Japanese ZX81

    "Ian Rawlings" wrote ...

    > On 2008-10-12, Sam Gillett wrote:
    >
    >> There are, of course, other good uses for a frozen ZX-81.
    >>
    >> Anyone care to add to the list? :-)

    > Yeah, shoving up the backsides of commode 64 abusers, then kicking
    > them in the balls to cause the '81 to shatter into
    > sinclair-impregnated fragments!

    Much better to shove them up the rear of ZX Rectrum users.

    Oh wait! With ZX Rectrum users there are no balls to kick!
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    It looks like your gene
    pool could use a filter!

  7. Re: Japanese ZX81

    On 2008-10-14, Sam Gillett wrote:

    > Much better to shove them up the rear of ZX Rectrum users.
    >
    > Oh wait! With ZX Rectrum users there are no balls to kick!

    You're mistaken, we don't all ride around on spacehoppers and have no
    balls.

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  8. Re: Japanese ZX81

    Sam Gillett wrote:

    > a. Place it under the wheels of a truck and drive over it.
    > b. Strike it to be sure your 3 pound mallet still works.
    > c. Feed it into a tree shredder.
    > d. Use in place of a clay pigeon at a skeet shoot.

    > Anyone care to add to the list? :-)

    NO. But can you explain how do you come to point c.?

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

    P.S.: ZX81 is very well!

    P.P.S.: Leave Sinclair Computers rooted as they are...

  9. Re: Japanese ZX81

    Sam Gillett wrote:

    > "Ian Rawlings" wrote ...
    >
    > >On 2008-10-12, Sam Gillett wrote:
    > >
    > > > There are, of course, other good uses for a frozen ZX-81.
    > > >
    > > > Anyone care to add to the list? :-)

    > > Yeah, shoving up the backsides of commode 64 abusers, then kicking
    > > them in the balls to cause the '81 to shatter into
    > > sinclair-impregnated fragments!

    > Much better to shove them up the rear of ZX Rectrum users.
    >
    > Oh wait! With ZX Rectrum users there are no balls to kick!

    Is it already Christmas time, or do your psychological outbreaks have
    an other background?

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  10. Re: Japanese ZX81

    "Daniel Mandic" wrote ...

    > Sam Gillett wrote:
    >
    >> a. Place it under the wheels of a truck and drive over it.
    >> b. Strike it to be sure your 3 pound mallet still works.
    >> c. Feed it into a tree shredder.
    >> d. Use in place of a clay pigeon at a skeet shoot.

    >> Anyone care to add to the list? :-)

    > NO. But can you explain how do you come to point c.?

    A tree shredder is a large machine. Feed a branch that has been cut from a
    tree into one end and you ger wood shredded chips of wood and other debris
    out of the other end.
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett