    Cheers.

    Phill.

  2. Re: 3" Drive belts

    On 2008-09-30, Prime wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me the dimentions of the belt I would need to replace the
    > duff ones in several 3" drives that I have without belts, seems that CPC
    > might have some that would fit the bill.

    I went down Maplins with a belt and asked them to see their tape deck
    belt replacement packs, I had to fight through them trying to ask what
    it was from then telling me the belts were for tape decks not disc
    drives and had I tried PC world etc, but insisted they bring the packs
    out and I compared the belts and got some that fitted. This was about
    4 years ago though so I don't remember any details. You could order
    packs via mail order and send back the packs that don't fit.

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  3. Re: 3" Drive belts

    The belts are very tight and not very flexible as I recall. Some were
    extremely thin also.

    A few drives were made that drove directly. Hitachi come to mind, but Cumana
    seemed to have all those to themselves. Big eject button in the middle.

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "Ian Rawlings" wrote in message
    news:slrnge4ssn.jhj.news06@desktop.tarcus.org.uk.. .
    > On 2008-09-30, Prime wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone tell me the dimentions of the belt I would need to replace the
    >> duff ones in several 3" drives that I have without belts, seems that CPC
    >> might have some that would fit the bill.

    > I went down Maplins with a belt and asked them to see their tape deck
    > belt replacement packs, I had to fight through them trying to ask what
    > it was from then telling me the belts were for tape decks not disc
    > drives and had I tried PC world etc, but insisted they bring the packs
    > out and I compared the belts and got some that fitted. This was about
    > 4 years ago though so I don't remember any details. You could order
    > packs via mail order and send back the packs that don't fit.
    >
    > --
    > Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!
    > http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  4. Re: 3" Drive belts

    "Prime" wrote in message
    news:Xns9B29C5CB46228primeaurigae@158.152.254.254. ..
    > Can anyone tell me the dimentions of the belt I would need to replace the
    > duff ones in several 3" drives that I have without belts, seems that CPC
    > might have some that would fit the bill.

    You can order new belts for 1 each here:
    http://www.pcwking1.netfirms.com/pcw4u2.html

    HTH

    Colin

    --
    ZXF: Download the free Spectrum magazine:
    www.cwood****.co.uk/zxf

  5. Re: 3" Drive belts

    Brian Gaff wrote:
    > The belts are very tight and not very flexible as I recall. Some were
    > extremely thin also.
    >
    > A few drives were made that drove directly. Hitachi come to mind, but Cumana
    > seemed to have all those to themselves. Big eject button in the middle.
    >
    > Brian

    John King still supplies +3 drive belts - think they were 1 each last
    time I bought one (a couple of months ago)

    See http://www.pcwking1.netfirms.com/

    Rich Mellor
    http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread