+3 CPM - Sinclair

This is a discussion on +3 CPM - Sinclair ; Where can I download CPM for the +3?...

  1. +3 CPM

    Where can I download CPM for the +3?

  2. Re: +3 CPM

    Webster wrote:
    > Where can I download CPM for the +3?

    as far as I know, you can't

    you may be able to buy it from the owners http://www.locoscript.com/ but
    I don't know

    --
    link my boring website http://alistairsserver.no-ip.org/

  3. Re: +3 CPM

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:25:35 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Guesser:

    > Webster wrote:
    > > Where can I download CPM for the +3?

    > as far as I know, you can't
    >
    > you may be able to buy it from the owners http://www.locoscript.com/ but
    > I don't know

    Absolutely correct, see below (from the CP/M+/Mallard Basic link on
    the sidebar). I notice they also have 3" drive belts in stock for 5
    each - this isn't relevant but somebody was in c.s.s looking for them
    recently.

    | We still get lots of enquiries about CP/M Plus and Mallard Basic for
    | the ZX Spectrum+3, originally published by Locomotive Software in
    | the 1980s.
    |
    | As a result we have issued a minimal re-released of the package
    | which is not in the public domain and which comes in two flavours:-
    |
    | On a quality (Japanese) 3" disc with operating licence and
    | installation data sheet @ 9.95 + 2.00 post/packing.
    |
    | As above but with the full Introduction & Reference manual (400+
    | pages) for Mallard Basic @ 19.95 + 4.00 post/packing

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  4. Re: +3 CPM

    On Sep 27, 10:25 pm, Guesser wrote:
    > Webster wrote:
    > > Where can I download CPM for the +3?

    > as far as I know, you can't
    >
    > you may be able to buy it from the ownershttp://www.locoscript.com/but
    > I don't know

    I bought my copy from them. They had run out of the original CP/M
    manuals but kindly sent me the full Mallard BASIC manual. However that
    was about 5 years ago. No idea if they have any stock left.

  5. Re: +3 CPM

    Do Locomotive still exist. If you can get hold of a disc, its not protected
    in any way.

    The manual is very big, but all the pages fell out of mine within a year.
    Must be bio degradable glue.

    Are they still in Dorking. Even ten years ago they had none left and were
    advising people to get the thing second hand.

    I don't know where mine is, or I'd coffer it.

    Brian

    --
    Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
    in the display name may be lost.
    "Webster" wrote in message
    > Where can I download CPM for the +3?

  6. Re: +3 CPM

    Sounds like a very nice deal to me. Its worth every penny, in my view. It
    even ran Wordstar on the Speccy if you can get hold of a copy.

    Brian

    --
    "Chris Young" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:25:35 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    > rappin'
    > to MC Guesser:
    >
    >> Webster wrote:
    >> > Where can I download CPM for the +3?

    >> as far as I know, you can't
    >>
    >> you may be able to buy it from the owners http://www.locoscript.com/ but
    >> I don't know

    > Absolutely correct, see below (from the CP/M+/Mallard Basic link on
    > the sidebar). I notice they also have 3" drive belts in stock for 5
    > each - this isn't relevant but somebody was in c.s.s looking for them
    > recently.
    >
    > | We still get lots of enquiries about CP/M Plus and Mallard Basic for
    > | the ZX Spectrum+3, originally published by Locomotive Software in
    > | the 1980s.
    > |
    > | As a result we have issued a minimal re-released of the package
    > | which is not in the public domain and which comes in two flavours:-
    > |
    > | On a quality (Japanese) 3" disc with operating licence and
    > | installation data sheet @ 9.95 + 2.00 post/packing.
    > |
    > | As above but with the full Introduction & Reference manual (400+
    > | pages) for Mallard Basic @ 19.95 + 4.00 post/packing
    >
    > Chris
    >

    > --
    > | Unsatisfactory Software - "because it is" |
    > | http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk |
    > | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |
    > +- http://www.yoursinclair.co.uk -----------+
    >
    > DISCLAIMER: I may be making all this stuff up again.

  7. Re: +3 CPM

    the full manual is available on WoS:
    http://www.worldofspectrum.org/Plus3CPMManual/

    --