Pyskool 0.0.2 - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Pyskool 0.0.2 - Sinclair ; Pyskool is now slightly less incomplete! Version 0.0.2 has just been released. Head over to the relevant blog post at http://pyskool.wordpress.com/2008/09...econd-release/ or straight to the downloads page at http://pyskool.wordpress.com/releases/ to get your copy. Runs on Linux (definitely), FreeBSD (definitely), Windows ...

  1. Pyskool 0.0.2

    Pyskool is now slightly less incomplete! Version 0.0.2 has just been
    released. Head over to the relevant blog post at

    http://pyskool.wordpress.com/2008/09...econd-release/

    or straight to the downloads page at

    http://pyskool.wordpress.com/releases/

    to get your copy. Runs on Linux (definitely), FreeBSD (definitely),
    Windows (probably) and OS X (maybe).

    So what is it again? Well, it's a reimplementation of those classic
    Microsphere games, Skool Daze and Back to Skool, in Python and Pygame,
    with an emphasis on easy moddability/customisability by editing a
    configuration file. The accompanying documentation describes several
    example customisations (as well as how to get Pyskool up and running).

    So download it today - oh go on! - and feel free to litter my inbox
    with bug reports, comments, feedback, and stories about Nigerian
    princes (well, not really that last one, thanks). Eric can hit people
    and fire his catapult now, you now. It's really worth it!

  2. Re: Pyskool 0.0.2

    I've had one report that my crummy free file hosting service of choice
    (4shared.com) is being a bit slow and timing out. If that's the case
    for you, just send me an e-mail and I'll reply with a copy of Pyskool
    0.0.2 (the zip archive, unless specified otherwise) attached. And if
    anyone knows of a better free file hosting service than 4shared.com,
    please share the details.

    Richard "Pyskool" Dymond

  3. Re: Pyskool 0.0.2

    wrote:

    > if anyone knows of a better free file hosting service than 4shared.com,
    > please share the details.

    Perhaps Retrospec would host your project: http://retrospec.sgn.net/

    Eq.

  4. Re: Pyskool 0.0.2

    On Sep 24, 2:45 pm, "Paul E Collins"
    wrote:
    > Perhaps Retrospec would host your project:http://retrospec.sgn.net/

    Yes, I thought about that, and if Pyskool were a finished product
    already, I think it could be a goer.

    There's also sourceforge.net - Pyskool is open source software, after
    all.

    In any case, I've found another place to host the zip and tar files
    for now, and it's not a crappy free file hosting service. Head over to
    the Pyskool downloads page

    http://pyskool.wordpress.com/releases/

    and give the new download links a try if you've had problems with the
    4shared.com ones.

    Richard

+ Reply to Thread