New BASin release 14c is out. - Sinclair

This is a discussion on New BASin release 14c is out. - Sinclair ; Here you go, folks. BASin is updated yet again. It's already the most powerful BASIC editor around, and now it has the most powerful Screen$ editor in the world. It even has image importing to rival the almighty BMP2SCR (for ...

  1. New BASin release 14c is out.

    Here you go, folks. BASin is updated yet again.

    It's already the most powerful BASIC editor around, and now it has the most
    powerful Screen$ editor in the world. It even has image importing to rival
    the almighty BMP2SCR (for speccy format screens).

    Screengrabs of what new features can be found here:

    http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forum...ad.php?t=20950

    along with a download URL.

    Here's a brief list of what's new, for those of you that like that sort of
    thing:

    Added - You can now search for whole words only in the search/replace
    dialogs - searching for "1" will not return on "11" or "S1" or "S1S" etc.
    (Jimmy)
    Added - Address of your current mouse position in screen memory to the
    paintbox's statusbar. (Badbeard)
    Added - You can now show the attribute grid as well as your own custom grid
    in the paintbox. (Badbeard)
    Added - Send To Tape option in the binary import/export system.
    Added - Emulation speed to the Emulation options - set it to your desired
    mHz rating (3.5 is the default).
    Added - Double clicking a System Variable in the list will launch the sysvar
    editor.
    Added - Animation strip to the UDG/Sprite editor. This allows you to build a
    "filmstrip" and then to preview it, and also the ability to save it as an
    animated .gif. (BadBeard)
    Added - Selection movement can now be snapped to the attribute grid, which
    makes moving coloured selections around a lot easier.
    Added - "Pixellise" tool to SCREEN$ Editor. This will eventually form the
    core of the "Convert screen to ASCII" tool.
    Added - Onion-skin tool to the Sprite editor. This allows you to see the
    changes between animation frames on the main grid. Drag any graphic to the
    new onion-skin preview area below the mainpreview graphic to use.
    Added - The Sprite editor can now handle more than 256 sprites in a bank.
    Added - OVER 1 mode to the SCREEN$ editor - this affects everything you do,
    and is applied to any tool that sets pixels. (ZXBruno)
    Added - Toolbutton (and corresponding menu item) to the Paintbox for opening
    the Graphic/Sprite/UDG Editor.

    Fixed - People who do daft things with the OUT command and the ZXPrinter get
    all they deserve, but they no longer crash BASin. (Jimmy)
    Fixed - Access violations when searching/replacing with empty search
    terms.(Jimmy)
    Fixed - Tapes made with $11 data blocks would cause a crash. BASin now
    ignores those blocks, but the results of trying to load any subsequent $10
    blocks is undefined. (Starglider)
    Fixed - The help section "BASin's tools" didn't link properly to the SCREEN$
    Paintbox help file. (Danforth)
    Fixed - The tape creator would automatically add the last file you loaded
    when you used the menu to "Add from file", rather than showing a file
    requestor. (Chop983)
    Fixed - Menu shortcuts in the Paintbox wouldn't work unless you first opened
    the menu. Kind of pointless, that
    Fixed - The paintbox will no longer receive multiple mouse wheel messages in
    one go, so zooming in and out using the mouse wheel is much smoother.
    Fixed - Crashes when flood filling a selection that has been moved partially
    off the "screen". (Badbeard)
    Fixed - Certain issues with attribute alignment when painting in a
    selection.
    Fixed - Small bug where issuing a direct command would remove the first
    digit of the line following it in the editor. (EddieTheWild)
    Fixed - Non-lethal crash when pasting in empty lines (or rather, lines that
    consist of nothing but spaces). (EddieTheWild)
    Fixed - Toolbar buttons in the SCREEN$ editor should no longer disappear
    when disabled under Win2k. This /should/ be the last of the Win2k fixes.
    (LCD)
    Fixed - Lines (particularly DATA lines) that use the BIN function would
    prepend a "%" symbol to the binary number. (Nonsense in BASIC)
    Fixed - A small oversight that meant PLAY commands which caused errors would
    not have them trapped properly. (ZXBruno)
    Fixed - Boxes that require an input from the user, which are parsed for
    BASIC functions, now accept the $ABCD hex-notation. (Jimmy)
    Fixed - BASin was saving a log file when File Requester dialogs are
    cancelled - I'd left some debug code in there. Oops. (Jimmy)

    Enjoy!

    D.

  2. Re: New BASin release 14c is out.

    I will surely enjoy, but what I cannot find, is the bugfix for the
    problem with options if no soundcard is connected/installed that I
    reported some time ago. Did you not included it?

    Greetings,

    LCD

    Dunny schrieb:
> [...]
    > Fixed - Non-lethal crash when pasting in empty lines (or rather, lines
    > that consist of nothing but spaces). (EddieTheWild)
    > Fixed - Toolbar buttons in the SCREEN$ editor should no longer disappear
    > when disabled under Win2k. This /should/ be the last of the Win2k fixes.
    > (LCD)
    > Fixed - Lines (particularly DATA lines) that use the BIN function would
    > prepend a "%" symbol to the binary number. (Nonsense in BASIC)
    > Fixed - A small oversight that meant PLAY commands which caused errors
    > would not have them trapped properly. (ZXBruno)
    > Fixed - Boxes that require an input from the user, which are parsed for
    > BASIC functions, now accept the $ABCD hex-notation. (Jimmy)
    > Fixed - BASin was saving a log file when File Requester dialogs are
    > cancelled - I'd left some debug code in there. Oops. (Jimmy)

  3. Re: New BASin release 14c is out.

    "LCD" wrote in message
    news:202c2$48d8021f$557f1029$13989@news.inode.at.. .

    >I will surely enjoy, but what I cannot find, is the bugfix for the problem
    >with options if no soundcard is connected/installed that I reported some
    >time ago. Did you not included it?

    Yeah, sorry about that - I have to find a machine without a soundcard to
    test the fix with. I'll get it into the next release.

    Not sure when the next release will be, as I've been going through a bit of
    ill-health and will have to wait until that is over before I start coding
    again.

    D.

  4. Re: New BASin release 14c is out.

    Dunny schrieb:
    > "LCD" wrote in message
    > news:202c2$48d8021f$557f1029$13989@news.inode.at.. .
    >
    >> I will surely enjoy, but what I cannot find, is the bugfix for the
    >> problem with options if no soundcard is connected/installed that I
    >> reported some time ago. Did you not included it?

    > Yeah, sorry about that - I have to find a machine without a soundcard to
    > test the fix with. I'll get it into the next release.
    >
    > Not sure when the next release will be, as I've been going through a bit
    > of ill-health and will have to wait until that is over before I start
    > coding again.
    >
    > D.

    Hi D. !
    First: be healthly again, as this is the most important. Then you can
    deactivate the onboard-sound in BIOS of your Computer.
    I paused Retro-X development too, for the moment, waiting for PureBasic
    release 4.30 Beta 2.

    LCD.

  5. Re: New BASin release 14c is out.

    On Sep 22, 10:42*pm, "Dunny" wrote:

    > Yeah, sorry about that - I have to find a machine without a soundcard to
    > test the fix with. I'll get it into the next release.

    Virtual machine with sound emulation turned off? VirtualBox is free,
    and I presume you still have an XP install disc somewhere after
    upgrading to Vista?

  6. Re: New BASin release 14c is out.

    How to get to 48k Basic ?

  7. Re: New BASin release 14c is out.

    On Sep 26, 11:34*pm, Bohus Král wrote:
    > How to get to 48k Basic ?

    Don't use any 128 BASIC commands.

  8. Re: New BASin release 14c is out.

    Bohus Král schrieb:
    > How to get to 48k Basic ?

    You mean: Complete tokenised commands with a single keypress (K,L and
    E Cursor) and no rainbow logo in the lower part of screen?

    LCD

  9. Re: New BASin release 14c is out.

    "LCD" napísal v správe
    news:4fc8b$48de2cca$557f53fa$13549@news.inode.at.. .
    > Bohus Král schrieb:
    >> How to get to 48k Basic ?

    > You mean: Complete tokenised commands with a single keypress (K,L and E
    > Cursor) and no rainbow logo in the lower part of screen?

    Classical 48k editor it seems that it is not supported.

  10. Re: New BASin release 14c is out.

    "Bohus Král" wrote in message

    > "LCD" napísal v správe
    > news:4fc8b$48de2cca$557f53fa$13549@news.inode.at.. .
    >> Bohus Král schrieb:
    >>> How to get to 48k Basic ?

    >> You mean: Complete tokenised commands with a single keypress (K,L and E
    >> Cursor) and no rainbow logo in the lower part of screen?

    > Classical 48k editor it seems that it is not supported.

    No, it's not. That's because it's crap compared to the editor I've given you
    in BASin.

    D.

+ Reply to Thread