[OT: Google Groups bug] - Sinclair

This is a discussion on [OT: Google Groups bug] - Sinclair ; begin post masking (assuming it still works)... Google Groups has a bug whereby anything appearing in brackets in the subject, at least at the beginning, is omitted. So if the entire subject is bracketed, the post will probably show in ...

  1. [OT: Google Groups bug]

    begin post masking (assuming it still works)...

    Google Groups has a bug whereby anything appearing in brackets in the
    subject, at least at the beginning, is omitted. So if the entire
    subject is bracketed, the post will probably show in GG as having no
    subject -- whilst still being fine for Usenet readers.

    For extra evil, I've thrown in a bug which used to hide the entire
    post from users of Outlook Execrable, whilst having no effect on users
    of proper newsreaders. I wonder if it still does... :-)
    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

  2. Re: Google Groups bug]

    "Robert Baker" napísal

    > For extra evil, I've thrown in a bug which used to hide the entire
    > post from users of Outlook Execrable, whilst having no effect on users
    > of proper newsreaders. I wonder if it still does... :-)

    I've checked this your post on Google, and can say that I see it the same in
    my Outlook Express. If you hide it in this post.

  3. Re: Google Groups bug]

    Its not really a bug, its a feature to stop multiple occurrences of the
    group name in replies, but the problem of course is that it shows a
    misunderstanding of how usenet works.

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "Robert Baker" wrote in message
    > begin post masking (assuming it still works)...
    >
    > Google Groups has a bug whereby anything appearing in brackets in the
    > subject, at least at the beginning, is omitted. So if the entire
    > subject is bracketed, the post will probably show in GG as having no
    > subject -- whilst still being fine for Usenet readers.
    >
    > For extra evil, I've thrown in a bug which used to hide the entire
    > post from users of Outlook Execrable, whilst having no effect on users
    > of proper newsreaders. I wonder if it still does... :-)
    > --
    > Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

+ Reply to Thread