[WALL·E] C'mon, admit it... - Sinclair

This is a discussion on [WALL·E] C'mon, admit it... - Sinclair ; ....when you saw WALL·E, and in the title song (/Put On Your Sunday Best/ from /Hello, Dolly!/) it said "Yonkers", surely you half- expected the rhyme to be "Stonkers"? :-) I did, anyway. [That's because you're a twit -- Ed]...

  1. [WALL·E] C'mon, admit it...

    ....when you saw WALL·E, and in the title song (/Put On Your Sunday
    Best/ from /Hello, Dolly!/) it said "Yonkers", surely you half-
    expected the rhyme to be "Stonkers"? :-) I did, anyway. [That's
    because you're a twit -- Ed]

  2. Re: [WALL·E] C'mon, admit it...

    korax1214 wrote:
    > ...when you saw WALL·E, and in the title song (/Put On Your Sunday
    > Best/ from /Hello, Dolly!/) it said "Yonkers", surely you half-
    > expected the rhyme to be "Stonkers"?

    When I saw what?

  3. Re: [WALL·E] C'mon, admit it...

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:04:52 +0100, fuzzix wrote:

    >korax1214 wrote:
    >> ...when you saw WALL·E, and in the title song (/Put On Your Sunday
    >> Best/ from /Hello, Dolly!/) it said "Yonkers", surely you half-
    >> expected the rhyme to be "Stonkers"?

    >When I saw what?

    You've never heard of WALL·E, this summer's blockbuster movie from
    Pixar? Have you spent the summer on a desert island, cut off from
    civilisation, or summat?

    (BTW in case the name doesn't render properly: it's
    WALL[interpunct]E, a robot slightly (perhaps inevitably so) similar to
    Johnny 5 from the "Short Circuit" movies. An interpunct (or middle
    dot, or decimal point) is Unicode character 183; I usually avoid
    non-ASCII characters in newsposts, but couldn't here as it's part of
    the correct spelling.)
    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

  4. Re: [WALL·E] C'mon, admit it...

    Robert Baker wrote:
    > You've never heard of WALL·E, this summer's blockbuster movie from
    > Pixar? Have you spent the summer on a desert island, cut off from
    > civilisation, or summat?

    The second one...

    ....and not just for the summer.

  5. Re: [WALL·E] C'mon, admit it...

    fuzzix wrote:
    > Robert Baker wrote:
    >> You've never heard of WALL·E, this summer's blockbuster movie from
    >> Pixar? Have you spent the summer on a desert island, cut off from
    >> civilisation, or summat?

    > The second one...
    >
    > ....and not just for the summer.

    I spent the summer cut off on several desert islands, and I've heard of
    it...

  6. Re: [WALL·E] C'mon, admit it...

    Robert Baker wrote:
    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:04:52 +0100, fuzzix wrote:
    >
    >>korax1214 wrote:
    >>> ...when you saw WALL·E, and in the title song (/Put On Your Sunday
    >>> Best/ from /Hello, Dolly!/) it said "Yonkers", surely you half-
    >>> expected the rhyme to be "Stonkers"?

    >>When I saw what?

    > You've never heard of WALL·E, this summer's blockbuster movie from
    > Pixar? Have you spent the summer on a desert island, cut off from
    > civilisation, or summat?

    Robert... he's in ireland...

    | in |good to you so far... |

  7. Re: [WALL·E] C'mon, admit it...

    No his brain is just contaminated by old Spectrum games.

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "korax1214" wrote in message
    ....when you saw WALL·E, and in the title song (/Put On Your Sunday
    Best/ from /Hello, Dolly!/) it said "Yonkers", surely you half-
    expected the rhyme to be "Stonkers"? :-) I did, anyway. [That's
    because you're a twit -- Ed]

  8. Re: C'mon, admit it...

    On 17 Sep, 02:54, korax1214 wrote:
    > ...when you saw WALL·E, and in the title song (/Put On Your Sunday
    > Best/ from /Hello, Dolly!/) it said "Yonkers", surely you half-
    > expected the rhyme to be "Stonkers"? :-) I did, anyway. [That's
    > because you're a twit -- Ed]

    I could have told you it's definitely not that, and I've never even
    seen the ****ty film.

  9. Re: C'mon, admit it...

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 16:02:50 -0700 (PDT), "A. J. Moss"
    wrote:

    > ... I've never even seen the ****ty film.

    Neither have I; I've only seen the brilliant one.

    Pixar have an unbroken record for excellence which doesn't look as if
    it will fade for a long time yet.
    --
    My confused, I'm God

  10. Re: [WALL·E] C'mon, admit it...

    I think I'll have to get hold of /Hello, Dolly!/ on DVD sooner or
    later (probably rent it).

    From the plot snippets I've seen, it looks like the basic plot is --
    wherever the action is in 1880s New York, it's definitely not Yonkers.
    :-)
    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

  11. Re: [WALL·E] C'mon, admit it...

    "korax1214" napísal v správe
    ....when you saw WALL·E, and in the title song (/Put On Your Sunday
    Best/ from /Hello, Dolly!/) it said "Yonkers", surely you half-
    expected the rhyme to be "Stonkers"? :-) I did, anyway. [That's
    because you're a twit -- Ed]

    I just saw wall-e, and do not have good feeling about it. In fact I didn't
    understand/catch what was it all about. From point of physics there have
    been several cathedral nonsenses. When the spaceship is tilting to side, the
    gravity remains normal to original position of floor. The little robot,
    product of human AI research behaves like little wacky animal. The punchline
    is a phantasmagory of person I do not understand.

    so this...

  12. Re: [WALL·E] C'mon, admit it...

    korax1214 wrote in news:c7e22234-c7bf-47ee-b06f-
    13b06de292b8@a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

    > ...when you saw WALL·E, and in the title song (/Put On Your Sunday
    > Best/ from /Hello, Dolly!/) it said "Yonkers", surely you half-
    > expected the rhyme to be "Stonkers"? :-) I did, anyway. [That's
    > because you're a twit -- Ed]

    Nope... but I did momentarily think "Everyone's a Wall-E".

+ Reply to Thread