CRISPS! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on CRISPS! - Sinclair ; Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ... .... Round 1 - FIGHT! -n...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: CRISPS!

  1. CRISPS!

    Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...

    .... Round 1 - FIGHT!

    -n

  2. Re: CRISPS!

    neuro wrote:
    > Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...
    >
    > ... Round 1 - FIGHT!


    tsk, y'should've said "There's only one way to find out.... FIIIIIIIIGHT!"


    Anyway, the googlefight winner between those two is....
    By a massive margin...

    The monster munch.

    --
    | spike1@freenet.co,uk | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?" |
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | |
    | in | "I think so brain, but this time, you control |
    | Computer Science | the Encounter suit, and I'll do the voice..." |

  3. Re: CRISPS!

    neuro wrote:
    > Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...
    >
    > ... Round 1 - FIGHT!


    An actual Tudor prawn ****tail would probably be quite good, if it was
    one that Henry VIII served at one of his banquets. That guy knew how to
    party. It would probably have gone off by now though.

    Oh, wait, if we're talking about crisp flavours, then it would be "Tudor
    prawn ****tail *flavour*", meaning that it didn't actually contain any
    500-year-old shellfish-based entrées, but had just been designed to
    taste like it. That would probably still be pretty rank.

    Monster Munch it is then.

  4. Re: CRISPS!

    Matthew Westcott wrote:
    > neuro wrote:
    >> Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...
    >>
    >> ... Round 1 - FIGHT!

    >
    > An actual Tudor prawn ****tail would probably be quite good, if it was
    > one that Henry VIII served at one of his banquets. That guy knew how to
    > party. It would probably have gone off by now though.
    >


    I think it'd be pretty manky by now :s

    I could ring Tony Robinson, and that mad farmer bloke and ask if they've
    found one though, if you really want...

  5. Re: CRISPS!

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 16 Sep
    2008 10:07:12 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk neuro fornis do
    marikano es bono tan el:

    >Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...


    Monster Munch is a corn-based starch snack, not a crisp.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog
    My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that

  6. Re: CRISPS!

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:07:12 +0100, neuro
    wrote:

    >Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...
    >
    >... Round 1 - FIGHT!


    #It's all gone quiet, I have been here before... :-)

    It has been a bit quiet here of late; even that ridiculous "?????
    ?????? ? ??????" thread seems to have died down. [Thank goodness it
    did -- Ed]
    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

  7. Re: CRISPS!

    On Sep 16, 3:18 pm, deKay wrote:

    > Monster Munch is a corn-based starch snack, not a crisp.


    While the dictionary defines a crisp as a potato based snack, that
    doesn't agree with the usage as I remember it from my childhood. I
    suspect many of us referred to corn snacks as crisps. In fact it's
    that starchy goodness we get nostalgic for. I can remember Monster
    Munch, Skips, Space Raiders, Frazzles, Ringos, Wotsits. The only
    crisps I can remember besides Salt'n'Shake are those strange Golden
    Wonder flavour'n'shacke and, now that I've mentioned Golden Wonder,
    the cheese & onion in green bags. Frito-Lay (Walkers) just isn't the
    same. Which reminds me, did anyone ever get around to producing a
    Golden Wonder -> Walkers colour conversion chart. And is prawn
    ****tail the only one that didn't change colour?

    IGMC.

  8. Re: CRISPS!

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 12:15:51 -0700 (PDT) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC OwenBot:

    > Which reminds me, did anyone ever get around to producing a
    > Golden Wonder -> Walkers colour conversion chart. And is prawn
    > ****tail the only one that didn't change colour?


    Try this:

    5 INK 9 : CLS
    10 PRINT "Standard Crisp Packet Colours"
    20 PRINT "REGULAR","WALKERS"
    30 PRINT PAPER 1;"Salt'n'Vinegar","Cheese'n'Onion"
    40 PRINT PAPER 2;"Ready Salted","Ready Salted"
    40 PRINT PAPER 3;"Prawn ****tail","Prawn ****tail"
    50 PRINT PAPER 4;"Cheese'n'Onion","Salt'n'Vinegar"
    60 PRINT PAPER 6;"Quavers"

    I'm sure that could be expanded to more flavours within the
    limits of the Spectrum palette, perhaps with judicious use of
    dithering techniques and/or the BRIGHT command.

    Chris


    --
    +-------------------------------------------+
    | Unsatisfactory Software - "because it is" |
    | http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk |
    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |
    +- http://www.yoursinclair.co.uk -----------+

    DISCLAIMER: I may be making all this stuff up again.

  9. Re: CRISPS!


    "neuro" wrote ...

    > Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...
    >
    > ... Round 1 - FIGHT!


    A BBQ flavor Fritos Corn Chip sneaked in the back door and defeated both the
    Tudor Prawn and the Monster Munch. Corn Chip is declared the winner!
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    Global warming is caused by the sun.
    Duh!




  10. Re: CRISPS!

    Sam Gillett wrote:
    >
    > "neuro" wrote ...
    >
    >> Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...
    >>
    >> ... Round 1 - FIGHT!

    >
    > A BBQ flavor Fritos Corn Chip sneaked in the back door and defeated both the
    > Tudor Prawn and the Monster Munch. Corn Chip is declared the winner!


    No no, y'see, a chip is a thick slice of potato deepfried until golden
    brown... And the idea of making a chip out of corn is just revolting..

    So you lose on this one. We're talking about crisps here.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste! |
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | I can SMELL!!! KRYTEN!!! Unpack Rachel and |
    | in | get out the puncture repair kit!" |
    | Computer Science | Arnold Judas Rimmer- Red Dwarf |

  11. Re: CRISPS!

    On Sep 16, 8:42*pm, "Chris Young"
    wrote:

    > 5 INK 9 : CLS
    > 10 PRINT "Standard Crisp Packet Colours"
    > 20 PRINT "REGULAR","WALKERS"
    > 30 PRINT PAPER 1;"Salt'n'Vinegar","Cheese'n'Onion"
    > 40 PRINT PAPER 2;"Ready Salted","Ready Salted"
    > 40 PRINT PAPER 3;"Prawn ****tail","Prawn ****tail"
    > 50 PRINT PAPER 4;"Cheese'n'Onion","Salt'n'Vinegar"
    > 60 PRINT PAPER 6;"Quavers"


    Aside from having two line 40s, I'd have to modify this to:

    45 PRINT PAPER 3;BRIGHT 1;"Prawn ****tail","Prawn ****tail"

    46 PRINT PAPER 3;BRIGHT 0;"Bacon","Bacon"

    I guess you'd have to stipple red and green to get Brown for beef
    flavour. Have we forgotten any of the other major flavours?

  12. Re: CRISPS!

    OwenBot wrote:
    > Aside from having two line 40s, I'd have to modify this to:
    >
    > 45 PRINT PAPER 3;BRIGHT 1;"Prawn ****tail","Prawn ****tail"
    >
    > 46 PRINT PAPER 3;BRIGHT 0;"Bacon","Bacon"
    >
    > I guess you'd have to stipple red and green to get Brown for beef
    > flavour. Have we forgotten any of the other major flavours?


    You need to fit worcester sauce somewhere in the 'purple' continuum too.
    I think smokey bacon will have to be a red/magenta stipple, then
    worcester sauce can be blue/magenta.

  13. Re: CRISPS!

    On Sep 17, 10:38*am, Matthew Westcott wrote:

    > You need to fit worcester sauce somewhere in the 'purple' continuum too.
    > I think smokey bacon will have to be a red/magenta stipple, then
    > worcester sauce can be blue/magenta.


    I don't think there were Worcestershire Sauce flavour crisps when I
    was a child, so I'm happy to leave those out. I think only flavours
    that were made by Golden Wonder or Smiths should be accepted. So White
    = salt'n'shake...

  14. Re: CRISPS!

    OwenBot wrote:
    > On Sep 17, 10:38 am, Matthew Westcott wrote:
    >
    >> You need to fit worcester sauce somewhere in the 'purple' continuum too.
    >> I think smokey bacon will have to be a red/magenta stipple, then
    >> worcester sauce can be blue/magenta.

    >
    > I don't think there were Worcestershire Sauce flavour crisps when I
    > was a child, so I'm happy to leave those out. I think only flavours
    > that were made by Golden Wonder or Smiths should be accepted. So White
    > = salt'n'shake...


    what about the conversion to seabrooks, that's another column...

  15. Re: CRISPS!

    "OwenBot" wrote:

    > I guess you'd have to stipple red and green to get Brown for beef flavour.
    > Have we forgotten any of the other major flavours?


    Roast chicken: orange (red + yellow).

    Eq.



  16. Re: CRISPS!

    On Sep 17, 2:14*pm, "Paul E Collins"
    wrote:
    > "OwenBot" wrote:
    > > I guess you'd have to stipple red and green to get Brown for beef flavour.
    > > Have we forgotten any of the other major flavours?

    >
    > Roast chicken: orange (red + yellow).
    >
    > Eq.


    Thanks, I knew I was forgetting at least one flavour.

  17. Re: CRISPS!

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:41:40 +0100, Andrew Halliwell
    wrote:

    >Sam Gillett wrote:
    >>
    >> "neuro" wrote ...
    >>
    >>> Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...
    >>>
    >>> ... Round 1 - FIGHT!

    >>
    >> A BBQ flavor Fritos Corn Chip sneaked in the back door and defeated both the
    >> Tudor Prawn and the Monster Munch. Corn Chip is declared the winner!

    >
    >No no, y'see, a chip is a thick slice of potato deepfried until golden
    >brown... And the idea of making a chip out of corn is just revolting..
    >
    >So you lose on this one. We're talking about crisps here.



    He's a merkin, he doesn't understand

  18. Re: CRISPS!

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 01:10:09 -0700 (PDT) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC OwenBot:

    > On Sep 16, 8:42*pm, "Chris Young"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > 5 INK 9 : CLS
    > > 10 PRINT "Standard Crisp Packet Colours"
    > > 20 PRINT "REGULAR","WALKERS"
    > > 30 PRINT PAPER 1;"Salt'n'Vinegar","Cheese'n'Onion"
    > > 40 PRINT PAPER 2;"Ready Salted","Ready Salted"
    > > 40 PRINT PAPER 3;"Prawn ****tail","Prawn ****tail"
    > > 50 PRINT PAPER 4;"Cheese'n'Onion","Salt'n'Vinegar"
    > > 60 PRINT PAPER 6;"Quavers"

    >
    > Aside from having two line 40s


    Oops.

    > I'd have to modify this to:
    >
    > 45 PRINT PAPER 3;BRIGHT 1;"Prawn ****tail","Prawn ****tail"
    >
    > 46 PRINT PAPER 3;BRIGHT 0;"Bacon","Bacon"
    >
    > I guess you'd have to stipple red and green to get Brown for beef
    > flavour. Have we forgotten any of the other major flavours?


    I did wonder whether cyan should be used for salt'n'vinegar instead
    of blue. Also, the Chipsticks packets are this colour.

    Chris

    --
    +-------------------------------------------+
    | Unsatisfactory Software - "because it is" |
    | http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk |
    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |
    +- http://www.yoursinclair.co.uk -----------+

    DISCLAIMER: I may be making all this stuff up again.

  19. Re: CRISPS!

    Robert Baker wrote:
    > On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:07:12 +0100, neuro
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...
    >>
    >>... Round 1 - FIGHT!

    >
    > #It's all gone quiet, I have been here before... :-)
    >
    > It has been a bit quiet here of late; even that ridiculous "?????
    > ?????? ? ??????" thread seems to have died down. [Thank goodness it
    > did -- Ed]


    But it was JUST getting interesting!
    What with bough and hill inventing basic calculus...
    Could've gone to extreme depths of silliness from there, that thread.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co,uk | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?" |
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | |
    | in | "I think so brain, but this time, you control |
    | Computer Science | the Encounter suit, and I'll do the voice..." |

  20. Re: CRISPS!

    neuro wrote in news:0j94q5-ovq.ln1
    @hathaway.zensoft.net:

    > Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...
    >
    > ... Round 1 - FIGHT!


    I saw some great big bags of original L@@K R@RE! retro Monster Munch with
    the original 70s packaging design in a branch of Asda (or possibly
    Morrisons) in Weymouth last week. But I could have been hallucinating, as I
    can't find them anywhere on t'interweb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast