Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 55 of 55

  1. Re: CRISPS!

    On 2008-09-29, Guesser wrote:

    > oh well, soon be back to York, then I can use the uni news server again.
    > Just a case of deciding whether it's worth changing thunderbird settings
    > now I've got it working at home

    The useful thing about nin is that they use authenticated news
    servers, this means you can use their server from any network
    connection. My backup ISP is ukfsn, they also have an authenticated
    usenet server, so I can use it from my main ISP (Mailbox Internet, or
    they used to be before being asset-stripped by 186k). I'll select a
    new main ISP soon but don't need to find one with usenet as I can use
    ukfsn's one. UKfsn also have authenticated outgoing SMTP servers, so
    I can even use those from my main ISP, useful when my main ISP's
    outgoing mail server goes tits up as it does from time to time..

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  2. Re: CRISPS!

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 22:20:23 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Scribbler:

    > Scribbler wrote in
    >
    > > "Paul E Collins" wrote in

    > >> I'm fairly sure I saw these at WHSmith in Gatwick airport last
    > >> Friday.

    > > Oh, man. This is the best news I've ever had. If they bring back the
    > > Cheese + Onion ones, I'm buying a BOX.

    > http://snackspot.org.uk/thread.php?story=0809162142cas
    >
    > A further update.

    Oh no! They've lost the monsters!

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008...ing.television

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  3. Re: CRISPS!

    "Paul E Collins" wrote in

    >> > Ooh, when?

    >> It didn't give a date but they're bringing them back in the original
    >> size, with the original flavours and the original monsters and, like
    >> retro gamer, it says 'old' on the bags.

    > I'm fairly sure I saw these at WHSmith in Gatwick airport last Friday.
    >
    > Eq.

    I'm fairly sure I posted that I'd seen them in an Asda in Weymouth about
    three weeks ago. I definitely saw them in my local shop last Thursday,
    but they were Flamin' Hot flavour, in a retro packet... unless I'm very
    much mistaken Flamin' Hot didn't exist in the '70s, so we're being sold
    a past that didn't even bloody exist!

    Coming next - Sonic the Hedgehog gets re-issued for the ZX81.

  4. Re: CRISPS!

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 22:36:33 GMT, Lee Prince
    wrote:

    >"Paul E Collins" wrote in

    >>> It didn't give a date but they're bringing them back in the original
    >>> size, with the original flavours and the original monsters and, like
    >>> retro gamer, it says 'old' on the bags.

    >> I'm fairly sure I saw these at WHSmith in Gatwick airport last Friday.
    >>
    >> Eq.

    >I'm fairly sure I posted that I'd seen them in an Asda in Weymouth about
    >three weeks ago. I definitely saw them in my local shop last Thursday,
    >but they were Flamin' Hot flavour, in a retro packet... unless I'm very
    >much mistaken Flamin' Hot didn't exist in the '70s, so we're being sold
    >a past that didn't even bloody exist!
    >
    >Coming next - Sonic the Hedgehog gets re-issued for the ZX81.

    Will they have Sizzling Bacon flavour??

  5. Re: CRISPS!

    Lister wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 22:36:33 GMT, Lee Prince
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Coming next - Sonic the Hedgehog gets re-issued for the ZX81.

    > Will they have Sizzling Bacon flavour??

    Mmm, sizzling bacon flavour hedgehog.

  6. Re: CRISPS!

    In article <0j94q5-ovq.ln1@hathaway.zensoft.net>,
    neuro@well.egg.bacon.chips.spam says...
    > Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...
    >
    > ... Round 1 - FIGHT!
    >
    > -n

    RBMM without a doubt - prawn ****tail favoured crisps are yeurgh

    tudor's best flavour was roast pork & apple imo

    --
    "Please be informed that Port 80 is meant only for the FTP files
    upload."

  7. Re: CRISPS!

    In article <8e1a8929-0137-4392-87b1-546e188688d8
    @a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, cheveron@gmail.com says...
    > On Sep 16, 3:18 pm, deKay wrote:
    >
    > > Monster Munch is a corn-based starch snack, not a crisp.

    > While the dictionary defines a crisp as a potato based snack, that
    > doesn't agree with the usage as I remember it from my childhood. I
    > suspect many of us referred to corn snacks as crisps. In fact it's
    > that starchy goodness we get nostalgic for. I can remember Monster
    > Munch, Skips, Space Raiders, Frazzles, Ringos, Wotsits. The only
    > crisps I can remember besides Salt'n'Shake are those strange Golden
    > Wonder flavour'n'shacke and, now that I've mentioned Golden Wonder,
    > the cheese & onion in green bags. Frito-Lay (Walkers) just isn't the
    > same. Which reminds me, did anyone ever get around to producing a
    > Golden Wonder -> Walkers colour conversion chart. And is prawn
    > ****tail the only one that didn't change colour?
    >
    > IGMC.

    Outer Spacers (cheese & ham flavour mmm), Piglets (bacon flavour ofc),
    Fish & Chips, Claws, Fangs, Bones

    --
    "Please be informed that Port 80 is meant only for the FTP files
    upload."
    Deewna, BT Total Broadband Support

  8. Re: CRISPS!

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:44:43 +0100, Mal F
    wrote:

    >Outer Spacers (cheese & ham flavour mmm), Piglets (bacon flavour ofc),
    >Fish & Chips, Claws, Fangs, Bones

    I remember Fish & Chips, in a mock-newsprint style packet. ISTR there
    was also Chicken & Chips in the same sort of thing, but this may be
    FMS...

  9. Re: CRISPS!

    On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 16:38:02 +0100, Matthew Westcott
    wrote:

    >Lister wrote:
    >> On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 22:36:33 GMT, Lee Prince
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Coming next - Sonic the Hedgehog gets re-issued for the ZX81.

    >> Will they have Sizzling Bacon flavour??

    >Mmm, sizzling bacon flavour hedgehog.

    Well, there *were* hedgehog flavour crisps... :-)

    (To celebrate this new Pandora box we're hearing altogether too much
    about, perhaps there'll be spam flavour crisps.)

  10. Re: CRISPS!

    In article <5o1le41nsm6bjcp9o5kchqmh9vvsg9p655@4ax.com>, korax1214
    @gmail.com says...
    > On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:44:43 +0100, Mal F
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Outer Spacers (cheese & ham flavour mmm), Piglets (bacon flavour ofc),
    > >Fish & Chips, Claws, Fangs, Bones

    > I remember Fish & Chips, in a mock-newsprint style packet. ISTR there
    > was also Chicken & Chips in the same sort of thing, but this may be
    > FMS...

    remember them too - not bad either

    --
    "Please be informed that Port 80 is meant only for the FTP files
    upload."
    Deewna, BT Total Broadband Support

  11. Re: CRISPS!

    Mal F wrote:

    > In article <5o1le41nsm6bjcp9o5kchqmh9vvsg9p655@4ax.com>, korax1214
    > @gmail.com says...
    >> On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:44:43 +0100, Mal F
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Outer Spacers (cheese & ham flavour mmm), Piglets (bacon flavour ofc),
    >>> Fish & Chips, Claws, Fangs, Bones

    >> I remember Fish & Chips, in a mock-newsprint style packet. ISTR there
    >> was also Chicken & Chips in the same sort of thing, but this may be
    >> FMS...
    >>

    > remember them too - not bad either

    They were kind of biscuit-ey though, weren't they? Certainly not normal
    crisps or corn-based snack products, anyway.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  12. Re: CRISPS!

    Does anyone remember what the flavour'n'shake flavours from Golden
    Wonder were? They were the most artificial flavours I have ever tasted.

  13. Re: CRISPS!

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 Mal F wrote:

    >Outer Spacers (cheese & ham flavour mmm)

    Were they the ones that also came in chutney (or should that be
    chuntey?) flavour? Chutney flavour space stations if memory serves. A
    very boring looking X-shaped corn lump but exceptionally,
    eye-wateringly, strong.

    >, Piglets (bacon flavour ofc),

    Ah, bacon 'n' bean Piglets. If they ever come back I'll die a happy man.
    So, sooooo delicious.

    Actually I blame all those early 80s MSG- and E-number-laden snacks for
    leaving me with taste buds that can now only be sated with ridiculously
    over-flavoured varieties of crisp. My favourites at the moment are
    Canadian Ham Seabrook's and Real Crisps Roast Ox, neither of which it
    can be argued taste anything like the things they're really supposed to,
    but are nonetheless filled with flavourful chemical goodness.

    I have an additional advantage with the Seabrook Canadian Ham in that
    they're the only decent crisp without any milk products in the
    ingredients, so I can buy them in bulk and convince my
    lactose-intolerant wife that I'm buying them partly for her. It helps
    assuage the guilt enormously, even though she's lucky if she gets half a
    dozen bags out of a box before the others all get wolfed.

    --
    Kev
    "When the baby is done drinking it must be unscrewed and laid in a cool

  14. Re: CRISPS!

    On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 22:23:56 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Kevin Reilly:

    > Were they the ones that also came in chutney (or should that be
    > chuntey?) flavour?

    Chuntey flavour? Are they the ones you choke on if your mum comes
    into the room while you're eating them?

    > Chutney flavour space stations

    This is possibly the funniest out-of-context phrase I've seen in
    c.s.s. ever.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  15. Re: CRISPS!

    I was waiting for sizzling hedgehog flavour bacon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3