CRISPS! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on CRISPS! - Sinclair ; On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:53:17 GMT, Lee Prince wrote: >neuro wrote in news:0j94q5-ovq.ln1 >@hathaway.zensoft.net: > >> Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ... >> >> ... Round 1 - FIGHT! > >I saw some great big bags ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: CRISPS!

  1. Re: CRISPS!

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:53:17 GMT, Lee Prince
    wrote:

    >neuro wrote in news:0j94q5-ovq.ln1
    >@hathaway.zensoft.net:
    >
    >> Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...
    >>
    >> ... Round 1 - FIGHT!

    >
    >I saw some great big bags of original L@@K R@RE! retro Monster Munch with
    >the original 70s packaging design in a branch of Asda (or possibly
    >Morrisons) in Weymouth last week. But I could have been hallucinating, as I
    >can't find them anywhere on t'interweb.



    Did you check the sell by date?

  2. Re: CRISPS!


    "Andrew Halliwell" wrote ...

    > Sam Gillett wrote:
    >>
    >> "neuro" wrote ...
    >>
    >>> Tudor Prawn ****tail vs Roast Beef Monster Munch ...
    >>>
    >>> ... Round 1 - FIGHT!

    >>
    >> A BBQ flavor Fritos Corn Chip sneaked in the back door and defeated both
    >> the Tudor Prawn and the Monster Munch. Corn Chip is declared the winner!

    >
    > No no, y'see, a chip is a thick slice of potato deepfried until golden
    > brown... And the idea of making a chip out of corn is just revolting..
    >
    > So you lose on this one. We're talking about crisps here.


    My corn chips can whip your crisps. So, there!

    Don't make me resort to spraying you with a pressurized can of whipped cream.
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes!




  3. Re: CRISPS!

    Speaking of Monster Munch, what were the original flavours? I remember
    beef came in a yellow packet, but all I see these days is Pickled
    Onion. Also, somewhere I have the original plushy monsters from a
    Monster Munch offer. Those must be worth a mint to someone.

  4. Re: CRISPS!

    On Sep 18, 8:44*am, OwenBot wrote:
    > Speaking of Monster Munch, what were the original flavours? I remember
    > beef came in a yellow packet, but all I see these days is Pickled
    > Onion. Also, somewhere I have the original plushy monsters from a
    > Monster Munch offer. Those must be worth a mint to someone.


    Speaking of which, saw in the paper today that Walkers is relaunching
    the original Monster Munch.

  5. Re: CRISPS!

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:43:46 -0700 (PDT), OwenBot
    wrote:

    >On Sep 18, 8:44*am, OwenBot wrote:
    >> Speaking of Monster Munch, what were the original flavours? I remember
    >> beef came in a yellow packet, but all I see these days is Pickled
    >> Onion. Also, somewhere I have the original plushy monsters from a
    >> Monster Munch offer. Those must be worth a mint to someone.

    >
    >Speaking of which, saw in the paper today that Walkers is relaunching
    >the original Monster Munch.



    Ooh, when?

  6. Re: CRISPS!

    On Sep 19, 4:27*pm, Lister wrote:
    > On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:43:46 -0700 (PDT), OwenBot
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    > >On Sep 18, 8:44*am, OwenBot wrote:
    > >> Speaking of Monster Munch, what were the original flavours? I remember
    > >> beef came in a yellow packet, but all I see these days is Pickled
    > >> Onion. Also, somewhere I have the original plushy monsters from a
    > >> Monster Munch offer. Those must be worth a mint to someone.

    >
    >
    > >Speaking of which, saw in the paper today that Walkers is relaunching
    > >the original Monster Munch.

    >
    >
    > Ooh, when?


    It didn't give a date but they're bringing them back in the original
    size, with the original flavours and the original monsters and, like
    retro gamer, it says 'old' on the bags.

  7. Re: CRISPS!

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:17:24 -0700 (PDT), OwenBot
    wrote:

    >On Sep 19, 4:27*pm, Lister wrote:
    >> On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:43:46 -0700 (PDT), OwenBot
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> >On Sep 18, 8:44*am, OwenBot wrote:
    >> >> Speaking of Monster Munch, what were the original flavours? I remember
    >> >> beef came in a yellow packet, but all I see these days is Pickled
    >> >> Onion. Also, somewhere I have the original plushy monsters from a
    >> >> Monster Munch offer. Those must be worth a mint to someone.

    >>
    >>
    >> >Speaking of which, saw in the paper today that Walkers is relaunching
    >> >the original Monster Munch.

    >>
    >>
    >> Ooh, when?

    >
    >It didn't give a date but they're bringing them back in the original
    >size, with the original flavours and the original monsters and, like
    >retro gamer, it says 'old' on the bags.



    Is that so that people won't think they really are out of date?

  8. Re: CRISPS!

    "OwenBot" wrote:

    > > > Speaking of which, saw in the paper today that Walkers is relaunching
    > > > the original Monster Munch.

    > >
    > > Ooh, when?

    >
    > It didn't give a date but they're bringing them back in the original size,
    > with the original flavours and the original monsters and, like retro
    > gamer, it says 'old' on the bags.


    I'm fairly sure I saw these at WHSmith in Gatwick airport last Friday.

    Eq.



  9. Re: CRISPS!

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:19:14 +0100, "Paul E Collins"
    wrote:

    >"OwenBot" wrote:
    >
    >> > > Speaking of which, saw in the paper today that Walkers is relaunching
    >> > > the original Monster Munch.
    >> >
    >> > Ooh, when?

    >>
    >> It didn't give a date but they're bringing them back in the original size,
    >> with the original flavours and the original monsters and, like retro
    >> gamer, it says 'old' on the bags.

    >
    >I'm fairly sure I saw these at WHSmith in Gatwick airport last Friday.
    >
    >Eq.
    >




    OK, I'll look in WHS then

  10. Re: CRISPS!

    "Paul E Collins" wrote in
    news:KZqdnSsADMqoZk7VnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@bt.com:

    > "OwenBot" wrote:
    >
    >> > > Speaking of which, saw in the paper today that Walkers is
    >> > > relaunching the original Monster Munch.
    >> >
    >> > Ooh, when?

    >>
    >> It didn't give a date but they're bringing them back in the original
    >> size, with the original flavours and the original monsters and, like
    >> retro gamer, it says 'old' on the bags.

    >
    > I'm fairly sure I saw these at WHSmith in Gatwick airport last Friday.


    Oh, man. This is the best news I've ever had. If they bring back the Cheese
    + Onion ones, I'm buying a BOX.

    --
    http://www.mercuryvapour.co.uk

  11. Re: CRISPS!

    Scribbler wrote in
    news:Xns9B1EED10B12EDwjr1@69.16.176.253:

    > "Paul E Collins" wrote in
    > news:KZqdnSsADMqoZk7VnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@bt.com:
    >
    >> "OwenBot" wrote:
    >>
    >>> > > Speaking of which, saw in the paper today that Walkers is
    >>> > > relaunching the original Monster Munch.
    >>> >
    >>> > Ooh, when?
    >>>
    >>> It didn't give a date but they're bringing them back in the original
    >>> size, with the original flavours and the original monsters and, like
    >>> retro gamer, it says 'old' on the bags.

    >>
    >> I'm fairly sure I saw these at WHSmith in Gatwick airport last
    >> Friday.

    >
    > Oh, man. This is the best news I've ever had. If they bring back the
    > Cheese + Onion ones, I'm buying a BOX.


    http://snackspot.org.uk/thread.php?story=0809162142cas

    A further update.

  12. Re: CRISPS!

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > But it was JUST getting interesting!
    > What with bough and hill inventing basic calculus...
    > Could've gone to extreme depths of silliness from there, that thread.


    I was about to mention the FACT that 7-bit ASCII was invented by Basil
    Brush (with some assistance from Mr.Roy), but my newsserver went AWOL.

    Tsk.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  13. Re: CRISPS!

    Duncan Snowden wrote:
    > Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >
    >> But it was JUST getting interesting!
    >> What with bough and hill inventing basic calculus...
    >> Could've gone to extreme depths of silliness from there, that thread.

    >
    > I was about to mention the FACT that 7-bit ASCII was invented by Basil
    > Brush (with some assistance from Mr.Roy), but my newsserver went AWOL.
    >
    > Tsk.
    >

    I'm sticking with individual.net. It isn't free, but 10 euros a year, it
    might as well be.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!" |
    | in | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
    | Computer Science | - Father Jack in "Father Ted" |

  14. Re: CRISPS!

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 00:21:52 +0100, Duncan Snowden
    wrote:

    >... but my newsserver went AWOL.


    Are you on AIOE? Today it just doesn't want to retrieve bodies for
    rec.puzzles for some reason...
    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

  15. Re: CRISPS!

    In article ,
    fache@SPAMclara.net says...

    >
    > He's a merkin, he doesn't understand
    >


    you're not and you barely understand it either :P

    --
    "Please be informed that Port 80 is meant only for the FTP files
    upload."
    Deewna, BT Total Broadband Support

  16. Re: CRISPS!

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:49:45 +0100, Mal F
    wrote:

    >In article ,
    >fache@SPAMclara.net says...
    >
    >>
    >> He's a merkin, he doesn't understand
    >>

    >
    >you're not and you barely understand it either :P



    That's true

  17. Re: CRISPS!

    Duncan Snowden wrote:
    > I was about to mention the FACT that 7-bit ASCII was invented by
    > Basil Brush (with some assistance from Mr.Roy), but my newsserver
    > went AWOL.


    It's spelt "AOL".

  18. Re: CRISPS!

    Robert Baker wrote:

    > On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 00:21:52 +0100, Duncan Snowden
    > wrote:
    >
    >> ... but my newsserver went AWOL.

    >
    > Are you on AIOE?


    Well, I am *now*...

    > Today it just doesn't want to retrieve bodies for
    > rec.puzzles for some reason...


    I used to use AIOE a long while ago, but gave up due to exactly that
    sort of flakiness. And now the replacement I found has just disappeared
    off the face of the earth without warning.

    I think I might just swallow hard and pony up the dosh for
    individual.net. As Spike says, 10 euros a year isn't much, really.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.



  19. Re: CRISPS!

    fuzzix wrote:

    > Duncan Snowden wrote:
    >> I was about to mention the FACT that 7-bit ASCII was invented by
    >> Basil Brush (with some assistance from Mr.Roy), but my newsserver
    >> went AWOL.

    >
    > It's spelt "AOL".


    No it isn't. It's spelt "G-R-E-A-T-N-O-W-H-E-R-E-dot-C-O-M". At least,
    it was until it went AOL.








    AWOL. Damn.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.


  20. Re: CRISPS!

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:41:29 +0100, fuzzix wrote:
    >Duncan Snowden wrote:
    >> I was about to mention the FACT that 7-bit ASCII was invented by
    >> Basil Brush (with some assistance from Mr.Roy), but my newsserver
    >> went AWOL.

    >
    >It's spelt "AOL".


    But it's pronounced Throatwobbler Mangrove!

    Frink

    --
    Doctor J. Frink : 'Rampant Ribald Ringtail'
    See his mind here : http://www.cmp.liv.ac.uk/frink/
    Annoy his mind here : pjf at cmp dot liv dot ack dot ook
    "No sir, I didn't like it!" - Mr Horse

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast