Who was the dumbest poster ever to sully this newsgroup? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Who was the dumbest poster ever to sully this newsgroup? - Sinclair ; My vote goes to the one with a nick something like Demonic Gaze (can't clearly remember, and can't be arsed to Google for it) who appeared briefly in February 2004 (IIRC). Dumber by far even than La Farthead, w_tom or ...

  1. Who was the dumbest poster ever to sully this newsgroup?

    My vote goes to the one with a nick something like Demonic Gaze (can't
    clearly remember, and can't be arsed to Google for it) who appeared
    briefly in February 2004 (IIRC).

    Dumber by far even than La Farthead, w_tom or He Whose Shirt Must Not
    Be Viewed, he not only failed to recognise that a thread I'd posted
    was a joke (despite it having several very clear "this is a joke"
    indicators such as being an obvious parody of a then-current thread,
    and having comedy references to Rolos instead of real currency --
    Demonic Gaze or whoever he was evidently hadn't heard of lurking
    either, for if he'd lurked he'd have known that bit of CSS culture),
    he was too dumb to realise that it was a joke even *after* that fact
    was pointed out to him!

    It probably takes special effort to reach *that* depth of idiocy.

  2. Re: Who was the dumbest poster ever to sully this newsgroup?

    wrote ...

    > indicators such as being an obvious parody of a then-current thread,
    > and having comedy references to Rolos instead of real currency --

    What is the current exchange rate in GB between Rolos and coin of the realm?

    Just curious... ;-)
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    Rolos are real.
    It's the PM that doesn't exist!

  3. Re: Who was the dumbest poster ever to sully this newsgroup?

    I now recall that there was one poster who was dumber than Farlie
    (though dumb in Farlie's usual way), in that he reposted one of
    Farlie's NQAS posts (several hundred words) just to add "What on earth
    is this?". A sensible person would have posted a Google link and
    asked "What on earth is the linked post?"; a really sensible person
    would have read it himself and realised what it was.

  4. Re: Who was the dumbest poster ever to sully this newsgroup?

    korax1214@gmail.com wrote in news:cc5aad68-45ec-43af-b822-6473a1ee9792
    @e39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

    > My vote goes to the one with a nick something like Demonic Gaze (can't
    > clearly remember, and can't be arsed to Google for it) who appeared
    > briefly in February 2004 (IIRC).

    Ooh, there's been hundreds. w_tom deserves an honorary mention for (a)
    popping up whenever somebody mentioned surge protectors and (b) refusing to
    accept the fact that top-posting is wrong (unless you're Brian or replying
    to him), then there was that idiot who posted an oh-so-hilarious reply to
    Mikey's post about his cat being put down...but to my mind the most
    annoying c.s.s poster ever was Chimp, who posted a binary, got *THWAP*ped
    for it, and had a huge month-long hissy-fit as a result.

    I can't quite believe I remember all this, it must be six or seven years
    ago!

  5. Re: Who was the dumbest poster ever to sully this newsgroup?

    korax1214@gmail.com wrote in news:0011e74d-c97b-432f-a220-ad972386d0cf@
    26g2000hsk.googlegroups.com:

    > I now recall that there was one poster who was dumber than Farlie
    > (though dumb in Farlie's usual way), in that he reposted one of
    > Farlie's NQAS posts (several hundred words) just to add "What on earth
    > is this?". A sensible person would have posted a Google link and
    > asked "What on earth is the linked post?"; a really sensible person
    > would have read it himself and realised what it was.

    Farlie wasn't dumb, just misunderstood and incredibly off-topic.

    Lister on the other hand...

  6. Re: Who was the dumbest poster ever to sully this newsgroup?

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:00:08 GMT, Lee Prince
    wrote:

    >korax1214@gmail.com wrote in news:0011e74d-c97b-432f-a220-ad972386d0cf@
    >26g2000hsk.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> I now recall that there was one poster who was dumber than Farlie
    >> (though dumb in Farlie's usual way), in that he reposted one of
    >> Farlie's NQAS posts (several hundred words) just to add "What on earth
    >> is this?". A sensible person would have posted a Google link and
    >> asked "What on earth is the linked post?"; a really sensible person
    >> would have read it himself and realised what it was.

    >Farlie wasn't dumb, just misunderstood and incredibly off-topic.
    >
    >Lister on the other hand...

    Muhh

  7. Re: Who was the dumbest poster ever to sully this newsgroup?

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:58:25 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Lee Prince:

    > w_tom deserves an honorary mention for (a)
    > popping up whenever somebody mentioned surge protectors

    (time passes)

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  8. Re: Who was the dumbest poster ever to sully this newsgroup?

    Lee Prince wrote:
    > korax1214@gmail.com wrote in news:cc5aad68-45ec-43af-b822-6473a1ee9792
    > @e39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> My vote goes to the one with a nick something like Demonic Gaze (can't
    >> clearly remember, and can't be arsed to Google for it) who appeared
    >> briefly in February 2004 (IIRC).

    > Ooh, there's been hundreds. w_tom deserves an honorary mention for (a)
    > popping up whenever somebody mentioned surge protectors and (b) refusing to
    > accept the fact that top-posting is wrong (unless you're Brian or replying
    > to him), then there was that idiot who posted an oh-so-hilarious reply to
    > Mikey's post about his cat being put down...but to my mind the most
    > annoying c.s.s poster ever was Chimp, who posted a binary, got *THWAP*ped
    > for it, and had a huge month-long hissy-fit as a result.
    >
    > I can't quite believe I remember all this, it must be six or seven years
    > ago!

    Oh, I can remember further back than that...
    Rocketship enterprises ring any bells?
    Or the... What DID they call themselves again..
    the adjective army... thatsit...
    And let's not forget beaker...

  9. Re: Who was the dumbest poster ever to sully this newsgroup?

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > the adjective army... thatsit...

    There's a circle of Hell reserved just for them.

    > And let's not forget beaker...

    And him.

    (Bit late with the followups here... server trouble. Posting from
    aoie.org now.)

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

+ Reply to Thread