Pyskool - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Pyskool - Sinclair ; Hello all Just a quick note from a very, very, VERY occasional [1] poster (me) to inform people (you) that I've just started a blog about Pyskool, my project to rewrite those Microsphere classics, Skool Daze and Back to Skool, ...

  1. Pyskool

    Hello all

    Just a quick note from a very, very, VERY occasional [1] poster (me)
    to inform people (you) that I've just started a blog about Pyskool,
    my project to rewrite those Microsphere classics, Skool Daze and Back
    to Skool, in python and pygame. The blog can be found at:

    pyskool.wordpress.com

    Pyskool cannot be described as a game yet (there's no plot, and no
    goals), but it is already watchable (perhaps one-third to one-half of
    the fun of the Skool games, I always thought, was watching the non-
    player characters), and already very user-configurable - well, it
    would be if you had the code, I suppose. At the moment I'm getting the
    code ready for an initial release - I'd call it a technology preview
    if I was being poncy - and then I need to figure out how I'll
    distribute it.

    Anyway, there it is.

    Mr Pyskool

    [1] There aren't enough pixels in the universe for me to include the
    minimum number of verys that would make this anything other than a
    gross understatement

  2. Re: Pyskool

    On Sep 2, 6:52*pm, rjdym...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello all
    >
    > Just a quick note from a very, very, VERY occasional [1] poster (me)
    > to inform people (you) *that I've just started a blog about Pyskool,

    Er, how do you/we pronounce that?

  3. Re: Pyskool

    DanSolo wrote:
    > On Sep 2, 6:52*pm, rjdym...@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Hello all
    >>
    >> Just a quick note from a very, very, VERY occasional [1] poster (me)
    >> to inform people (you) *that I've just started a blog about Pyskool,

    > Er, how do you/we pronounce that?

    Python Skool, Pyskool, so I'd pronounce it pie skool.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  4. Re: Pyskool

    On Sep 2, 7:16 pm, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > DanSolo wrote:
    > > Er, how do you/we pronounce that?

    > Python Skool, Pyskool, so I'd pronounce it pie skool.

    As would (and do) I. How else would you pronounce it?

    I suppose "piss-cool", at a stretch.

  5. Re: Pyskool

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > DanSolo wrote:
    >> On Sep 2, 6:52 pm, rjdym...@gmail.com wrote:
    >>> Hello all
    >>>
    >>> Just a quick note from a very, very, VERY occasional [1] poster (me)
    >>> to inform people (you) that I've just started a blog about Pyskool,

    >> Er, how do you/we pronounce that?
    >>

    > Python Skool, Pyskool, so I'd pronounce it pie skool.

    mmmmmmmmm pie

  6. Re: Pyskool

    Hello, me again.

    Just a quick note to let anyone who cares know that I've released
    Pyskool 0.0.1, a nowhere-near-finished product that may yet be fun to
    start mucking around with. Only time will tell. For more details
    (including the all-important download links), pop over to the Pyskool
    blog at:

    http://pyskool.wordpress.com/2008/09...blic-offering/

    Feedback, skool reports, frogs, mice, water pistols and punches
    welcome.

    Mr Pyskool

+ Reply to Thread