Multiface 128 help - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Multiface 128 help - Sinclair ; I bought an Multiface 128 off ebay, missing the label. It works with the 128 but I think it is an early version because it doesn't work with my +D connected, when I press the button it crashes the 128. ...

  1. Multiface 128 help

    I bought an Multiface 128 off ebay, missing the label.
    It works with the 128 but I think it is an early version because it
    doesn't work with my +D connected, when I press the button it crashes
    the 128.
    The PC board revision on my MF is 34 and the EPROM version is 87.1.
    I burned a new EPROM using an 87.2 ROM I found on the net but it doesn't
    work at all.
    Is there any information on how to re-wire the MF to use IN and OUT
    Ports $BF $3F?
    Any schematics of the various versions of the MF128 or good pictures of
    the PC board, with components removed?

  2. Re: Multiface 128 help

    If you look at earlyer posts i have exactly the same problem, but now my
    original eprom no longer works, i tried 27c(64,128 and 256) with no luck, is
    there any chance that you could read your original eporm and send me a copy
    to try on mine to see if i can get it to live again please.

    Graham

    "Webster" wrote in message
    >I bought an Multiface 128 off ebay, missing the label.
    > It works with the 128 but I think it is an early version because it
    > doesn't work with my +D connected, when I press the button it crashes the
    > 128.
    > The PC board revision on my MF is 34 and the EPROM version is 87.1.
    > I burned a new EPROM using an 87.2 ROM I found on the net but it doesn't
    > work at all.
    > Is there any information on how to re-wire the MF to use IN and OUT Ports
    > $BF $3F?
    > Any schematics of the various versions of the MF128 or good pictures of
    > the PC board, with components removed?

+ Reply to Thread