Multiface 128 - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Multiface 128 - Sinclair ; I bought an Multiface 128 off ebay, missing the label. It works with the 128 but I think it is an early version because it doesn't work with my +D connected, when I press the button it crashes the 128. ...

  1. Multiface 128

    I bought an Multiface 128 off ebay, missing the label.
    It works with the 128 but I think it is an early version because it
    doesn't work with my +D connected, when I press the button it crashes
    the 128.
    The PC board revision on my MF is 34 and the EPROM version is 87.1.
    I burned a new EPROM using an 87.2 ROM I found on the net but it doesn't
    work at all.
    Is there any information on how to re-wire the MF to use IN and OUT
    Ports $BF $3F?
    Any schematics of the various versions of the MF128 or good pictures of
    the PC board, with components removed?

  2. Re: Multiface 128

    The problem is that the Multiface should be connected 'after' the plus
    D, since the plus D doesnt have a pass trough connector your stuck, i
    dont know if you be able to use a connector doubler cutting a track to
    simulate the 'connecteds after'

    Jorge
    http://www.retroreview.com

  3. Re: Multiface 128

    jcanelhas@gmail.com wrote:
    > The problem is that the Multiface should be connected 'after' the plus
    > D, since the plus D doesnt have a pass trough connector your stuck, i
    > dont know if you be able to use a connector doubler cutting a track to
    > simulate the 'connecteds after'
    >

    > Jorge
    > http://www.retroreview.com

    Thanks for the reply. If I try a doubler what trace would I need to cut?
    Another thing I have discovered is my Multiface doesn't work on my 48K
    spectrum. I thought I had read the Multiface 128 also worked on the 48k

  4. Re: Multiface 128

    Webster wrote:
    > jcanelhas@gmail.com wrote:
    >> The problem is that the Multiface should be connected 'after' the plus
    >> D, since the plus D doesnt have a pass trough connector your stuck, i
    >> dont know if you be able to use a connector doubler cutting a track to
    >> simulate the 'connecteds after'
    >>

    >> Jorge
    >> http://www.retroreview.com

    > Thanks for the reply. If I try a doubler what trace would I need to cut?
    > Another thing I have discovered is my Multiface doesn't work on my 48K
    > spectrum. I thought I had read the Multiface 128 also worked on the 48k

    It should. It might just be corrosion and/or wear the edge connector.
    My MF128 doesn't work on my speccy 128 anymore due to edge connector wear.
    | in |good to you so far... |