(OT) Ripping Dolby Surround CDs to compressed file - Sinclair

This is a discussion on (OT) Ripping Dolby Surround CDs to compressed file - Sinclair ; Robert Baker wrote: > Has someone got a reliable source for Dolby Surround info? I refuse > to read anything on Wankipedia; any site which insists that Captain > Scarlet, of all things, is "not notable" obviously can't be trusted ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: (OT) Ripping Dolby Surround CDs to compressed file

    Robert Baker wrote:
    > Has someone got a reliable source for Dolby Surround info? I refuse
    > to read anything on Wankipedia; any site which insists that Captain
    > Scarlet, of all things, is "not notable" obviously can't be trusted
    > for accurate information...

    Not to claim Wikipedia is a bastion of journalistic integrity and
    peer-reviewed scientific research, but the fact that your personal
    favourite topic was deemed insignificant does not make every contributor
    unworthy or ever article inaccurate.

    Fact is, Wikipedia has contributed more to society than Captain Scarlet,
    therefore Captain Scarlet is a wasteful pox on mankind which requires
    immediate eradication.

  2. Re: (OT) Ripping Dolby Surround CDs to compressed file

    On 18 Sep, 23:28, Robert Baker wrote:
    > Has someone got a reliable source for Dolby Surround info?

    http://www.doom9.org is a good place to start.

    It mostly covers making home backups of DVDs and TV recordings,
    but I'm sure if you ask in the forums, they'll point you in the
    right direction.

  3. Re: (OT) Ripping Dolby Surround CDs to compressed file

    On 18 Sep, 23:28, Robert Baker wrote:
    > Has someone got a reliable source for Dolby Surround info?

    I'm sure a quick web-search has already pointed you towards
    http://www.kellyindustries.com/diy_5_1.html
    which gives you some information about the format used.

    Ripping these tracks to *.ac3 format is a simple enough job
    for a program like BeSweet or HeadAC3he.

  4. Re: (OT) Ripping Dolby Surround CDs to compressed file

    fuzzix wrote:

    > Not to claim Wikipedia is a bastion of journalistic integrity and
    > peer-reviewed scientific research, but the fact that your personal
    > favourite topic was deemed insignificant does not make every contributor
    > unworthy or ever article inaccurate.

    Yes it does. Wikipedia is all lies.[1]

    > therefore Captain Scarlet is a wasteful pox on mankind which requires
    > immediate eradication.

    Captain Scarlet is indestructible. Hah!

    [1] Not really. But if you approach it with that assumption you can't go
    far wrong.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  5. Re: (OT) Ripping Dolby Surround CDs to compressed file

    On 23 Sep, 00:40, Duncan Snowden wrote:
    > fuzzix wrote:
    > > therefore Captain Scarlet is a wasteful pox on mankind which requires
    > > immediate eradication.

    > Captain Scarlet is indestructible. Hah!

    Wikipedians are indestructibly stupid -- you are not. Remember this
    and do not try to imitate them. :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2