Repair Spectrum+2a - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Repair Spectrum+2a - Sinclair ; Hi, i have recently buyed a Spectrum+2a (similar to +3 but whitout the drive) on ebay and when i turn it on it stars like a 16k speccy !. I try to explain better, the screen shows (c) Amstrad 19xx ...

  1. Repair Spectrum+2a

    Hi, i have recently buyed a Spectrum+2a (similar to +3 but whitout the
    drive) on ebay and when i turn it on it stars like a 16k speccy !.

    I try to explain better, the screen shows (c) Amstrad 19xx and if i
    try print 65536- usr 7962 (that will give me the free memory amount)
    the result is 89xx bytes (like a 16k speccy i think).

    I have changed the ram chips (4464) the z80 (thath were soketed) and
    nothing changed, the keyboard is fully functional and all the chip
    soketed are well seated

    Maybe a rom error ?

    Or can be a ULA failure (the little square chip on the center of the
    motherboard)

    Any ideas ???

  2. Re: Repair Spectrum+2a

    Youprobably need a new gate array, and someone with a heat gun to change it.
    Yuck.

    Brian

    --
    Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
    in the display name may be lost.
    "Old Speccyman" wrote in message
    > Hi, i have recently buyed a Spectrum+2a (similar to +3 but whitout the
    > drive) on ebay and when i turn it on it stars like a 16k speccy !.
    >
    > I try to explain better, the screen shows (c) Amstrad 19xx and if i
    > try print 65536- usr 7962 (that will give me the free memory amount)
    > the result is 89xx bytes (like a 16k speccy i think).
    >
    > I have changed the ram chips (4464) the z80 (thath were soketed) and
    > nothing changed, the keyboard is fully functional and all the chip
    > soketed are well seated
    >

    > Maybe a rom error ?
    >
    > Or can be a ULA failure (the little square chip on the center of the
    > motherboard)
    >
    > Any ideas ???

  3. Re: Repair Spectrum+2a

    On 28 Lug, 19:13, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
    > Youprobably need a new gate array, and someone with a heat gun to change it.
    > Yuck.
    >
    > Brian

    Ok.
    do you know (if so) where i can buy it ???

+ Reply to Thread