    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

  2. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    On 2008-07-24, Robert Baker wrote:

    > Why is it that nobody here, not even in response to a name-the-game
    > thread, says "it's definitely not Stonkers" anymore?
    >
    > Is it being left to the WoS forums to preserve this ancient tradition?

    It's definately not!

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  3. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    Robert Baker wrote:
    > Why is it that nobody here, not even in response to a name-the-game
    > thread, says "it's definitely not Stonkers" anymore?
    >
    > Is it being left to the WoS forums to preserve this ancient tradition?

    I suppose we were all waiting for each other to say it...
    More to the point, why didn't YOU?

    | in |good to you so far... |

  4. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    In article , korax1214
    @gmail.com says...
    > Why is it that nobody here, not even in response to a name-the-game
    > thread, says "it's definitely not Stonkers" anymore?
    >
    > Is it being left to the WoS forums to preserve this ancient tradition?

    well in the last NTG thread, Phil said at the end of his request

    "IDNS. Thanks in advance."

    spoilsport

    --
    "Please be informed that Port 80 is meant only for the FTP files
    upload."

  5. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    Robert Baker wrote:
    > Why is it that nobody here, not even in response to a name-the-game
    > thread, says "it's definitely not Stonkers" anymore?
    >
    > Is it being left to the WoS forums to preserve this ancient tradition?

    WTF is a WoS forum?

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary

  6. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:15:51 +0100, deKay
    wrote:

    >Robert Baker wrote:
    >> Why is it that nobody here, not even in response to a name-the-game
    >> thread, says "it's definitely not Stonkers" anymore?
    >>
    >> Is it being left to the WoS forums to preserve this ancient tradition?
    >>

    >WTF is a WoS forum?

    World of Stonkers^WSpectrum.
    --
    My confused, I'm God

  7. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    On Jul 25, 4:15*pm, deKay gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote:
    > Robert Baker wrote:
    > > Why is it that nobody here, not even in response to a name-the-game
    > > thread, says "it's definitely not Stonkers" anymore?

    > > Is it being left to the WoS forums to preserve this ancient tradition?
    > >

    > WTF is a WoS forum?

    It is the central area around which the ancient WoS civilization
    developed.

  8. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    "deKay" napísal

    > WTF is a WoS forum?

    World of Stonkers

  9. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    OwenBot wrote:
    > On Jul 25, 4:15*pm, deKay > gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote:
    >> Robert Baker wrote:
    >> > Why is it that nobody here, not even in response to a name-the-game
    >> > thread, says "it's definitely not Stonkers" anymore?

    >> > Is it being left to the WoS forums to preserve this ancient tradition?
    >> >

    >> WTF is a WoS forum?

    > It is the central area around which the ancient WoS civilization
    > developed.

    They were an enlightened race for the time though.
    After all, use of a c64 was punishable by torture, death, the death of your
    family, the destruction of your home and rude things being written about you
    on the toilet walls...
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  10. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    "Andrew Halliwell" wrote ...

    > OwenBot wrote:

    >>> WTF is a WoS forum?

    >> It is the central area around which the ancient WoS civilization
    >> developed.

    > They were an enlightened race for the time though.
    > After all, use of a C64 was punishable by torture, death, the death of your
    > family, the destruction of your home and rude things being written about
    > you
    > on the toilet walls...

    And yet the c64 users persisted. Even to this day they have a place in the
    Guinness Book of World Records much to the shame of the ancient WoS
    civilization, the tribe of ZX81 in particular.

    The C64 is King. Long live The King!
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    If you don't pay your exorcist,
    will you become repossessed?

  11. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    "Sam Gillett" wrote in message

    > "Andrew Halliwell" wrote ...
    >
    >> OwenBot wrote:

    >>> It is the central area around which the ancient WoS civilization
    >>> developed.

    >> They were an enlightened race for the time though.
    >> After all, use of a C64 was punishable by torture, death, the death of
    >> your
    >> family, the destruction of your home and rude things being written about
    >> you
    >> on the toilet walls...

    > And yet the c64 users persisted. Even to this day they have a place in
    > the
    > Guinness Book of World Records much to the shame of the ancient WoS
    > civilization, the tribe of ZX81 in particular.
    >
    > The C64 is King. Long live The King!

    So why does it attract so many Queens?

  12. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:40:09 +0200, Bohus Král wrote:

    >"deKay" napísal
    >
    >> WTF is a WoS forum?

    >World of Stonkers

    I said that yesterday.
    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

  13. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    Robert Baker wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:40:09 +0200, Bohus Král wrote:
    >

    >>"deKay" napísal
    >>
    >>> WTF is a WoS forum?

    >>World of Stonkers

    > I said that yesterday.

    You evilevil person. Reminding us of that abominably smug git in the advert.

    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  14. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    Robert Baker wrote:

    > I said that yesterday.

    Holy white hole stuck in a loop! This could lead to a fishing rod, erm,
    fish thread I mean. Cod forbid!

    --
    | | |_|_|___ ___ ___ | biggo. Strattinare
    | | o | | o | o | o | | Finche' c'e', c'e'
    | |___|_|_ |_ |___| |
    | ___|___| | *Two heads are better than none

  15. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    biggo wrote:
    > Robert Baker wrote:
    >
    >> I said that yesterday.

    > Holy white hole stuck in a loop! This could lead to a fishing rod, erm,
    > fish thread I mean. Cod forbid!

    Not tonight dear, I've got a haddock.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  16. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > Not tonight dear, I've got a haddock.

    What?! You're eel? Barracuda sworn you were perfectly whale!
    Oh, well, I'll just give these golden herrings to someone else.

    --
    | | |_|_|___ ___ ___ | biggo. Strattinare
    | | o | | o | o | o | | Finche' c'e', c'e'
    | |___|_|_ |_ |___| |
    | ___|___| | *Two heads are better than none

  17. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    big-go@dplanet.ch (biggo) wrote in news:1ikv4gp.1s4ndph1poe3yvN%big-
    go@dplanet.ch:

    > Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >
    >> Not tonight dear, I've got a haddock.

    > What?! You're eel? Barracuda sworn you were perfectly whale!
    > Oh, well, I'll just give these golden herrings to someone else.

    Salmon else, surely?

    --
    http://www.mercuryvapour.co.uk <-- Main site.
    http://www.scribcam.co.uk <----- Webcam. Eww.

  18. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    "Scribbler" wrote:

    > > What?! You're eel? Barracuda sworn you were perfectly whale! Oh, well,
    > > I'll just give these golden herrings to someone else.

    > Salmon else, surely?

    Salmon eels, saury?

    Eq.

  19. Re: It's definitely not... in use anymore?

    "Paul E Collins" wrote in message
    > "Scribbler" wrote:
    >
    >> > What?! You're eel? Barracuda sworn you were perfectly whale! Oh, well,
    >> > I'll just give these golden herrings to someone else.

    >> Salmon else, surely?

    > Salmon eels, saury?

    Nah. He meant Salmon eels, Shirley?
    --