Astroball - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Astroball - Sinclair ; Anybody any good at Astroball? I've been attempting an RZX recording, but I can't see what to do in level 3. It doesn't seem to match the map; there are just two solid platforms and two phasing ones, after which ...

  1. Astroball

    Anybody any good at Astroball?

    I've been attempting an RZX recording, but I can't see what to do in level
    3. It doesn't seem to match the map; there are just two solid platforms and
    two phasing ones, after which there's apparently nowhere to go.

    Eq.

  2. Re: Astroball

    On 22 Jul, 12:53, "Paul E Collins"
    wrote:
    > Anybody any good at Astroball?
    >
    > I've been attempting an RZX recording, but I can't see what to do in level
    > 3. It doesn't seem to match the map; there are just two solid platforms and
    > two phasing ones, after which there's apparently nowhere to go.
    >
    > Eq.

    There's a huge gap between the lower platforms that you mention and
    the ones higher up the level. The gap is so big that you can't even
    see the higher platforms just by bouncing normally from the lower
    ones, as you have discovered.

    The only way to reach the higher platforms is to collect the rapidly
    cycling power up near the bottom of the level (denoted on the map by a
    '?' character) This is to the right and a little higher up from your
    starting position.

    Your jump has to be exactly timed such that when you collect the power
    up, it is showing the "Up arrow" symbol at that moment. On doing this,
    your ball will automatically be raised to the level of the higher up
    platforms and you can continue the level from there.

    You can practice the timing of the needed jump by observing the
    sequence of the changing power up whilst repeatedly bouncing up and
    down on the rightmost lower platform. Eventually, you should get a
    feel for the right moment to collect the power up.

    Hope that helps,
    DP

+ Reply to Thread