Game to identify - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Game to identify - Sinclair ; I am looking for a game my cousins had - I have forgotten what it is called, but I can describe how it goes. There are, I think, three doors on the screen before you and you have to decide, ...

  1. Game to identify

    I am looking for a game my cousins had - I have forgotten what it is
    called, but I can describe how it goes.

    There are, I think, three doors on the screen before you and you have to
    decide, pretty much as soon as they open, what to do. Some of the
    characters behind them are rather unfriendly and need to be shot, the
    others should not be.

    I'll look up any possibilities suggested (unless I know it's not what's
    being suggested, of course).

    IDNS. Thanks in advance.

    --
    Phil Reynolds
    DON'T MAIL IN RESPONSE - I am unlikely to read it

  2. Re: Game to identify

    In article , phil-
    news@tinsleyviaduct.com says...
    > I am looking for a game my cousins had - I have forgotten what it is
    > called, but I can describe how it goes.
    >
    > There are, I think, three doors on the screen before you and you have to
    > decide, pretty much as soon as they open, what to do. Some of the
    > characters behind them are rather unfriendly and need to be shot, the
    > others should not be.
    >
    > I'll look up any possibilities suggested (unless I know it's not what's
    > being suggested, of course).
    >
    > IDNS. Thanks in advance.

    West Bank?

    --
    "Please be informed that Port 80 is meant only for the FTP files
    upload."

  3. Re: Game to identify

    In article ,
    spampit@btinternet.com says...

    http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infos...cgi?id=0005664

    --
    "Please be informed that Port 80 is meant only for the FTP files
    upload."
    Deewna, BT Total Broadband Support

  4. Re: Game to identify

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:31:22 +0100, Mal F wrote:

    > In article , phil-
    > news@tinsleyviaduct.com says...
    >> I am looking for a game my cousins had - I have forgotten what it is
    >> called, but I can describe how it goes.

    > West Bank?

    That looks like the one.

    --
    Phil Reynolds
    DON'T MAIL IN RESPONSE - I am unlikely to read it
    Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
    Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95

  5. Re: Game to identify

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 21 Jul
    2008 14:25:15 +0000 (UTC), sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    comp.sys.sinclair, yawatina tan reek esk Phil Reynolds
    fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >I am looking for a game my cousins had - I have forgotten what it is
    >called, but I can describe how it goes.
    >
    >There are, I think, three doors on the screen before you and you have to
    >decide, pretty much as soon as they open, what to do. Some of the
    >characters behind them are rather unfriendly and need to be shot, the
    >others should not be.
    >
    >I'll look up any possibilities suggested (unless I know it's not what's
    >being suggested, of course).

    Bank Panic?

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary

  6. Re: Game to identify

    wrote:

    >In article , phil-
    >news@tinsleyviaduct.com says...
    >> I am looking for a game my cousins had - I have forgotten what it is
    >> called, but I can describe how it goes.
    >>
    >> There are, I think, three doors on the screen before you and you have to
    >> decide, pretty much as soon as they open, what to do. Some of the
    >> characters behind them are rather unfriendly and need to be shot, the
    >> others should not be.
    >>
    >> I'll look up any possibilities suggested (unless I know it's not what's
    >> being suggested, of course).
    >>
    >> IDNS. Thanks in advance.
    >>

    >West Bank?

    Nice spoonerism there

  7. Re: Game to identify

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:48:18 +0100, deKay wrote:
    > Bank Panic?

    That was the coin-op on which it was based. The Spectrum version was
    called West Bank.

    --
    Phil Reynolds
    DON'T MAIL IN RESPONSE - I am unlikely to read it
    Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
    Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95

  8. Re: Game to identify

    "Phil Reynolds" wrote in message
    > On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:48:18 +0100, deKay wrote:
    >> Bank Panic?

    One of my absolute favourite games ever and one I still load in MAME now and
    again.

  9. Re: Game to identify

    Well... it's definitely NOT stonkers.... er.. is it?

+ Reply to Thread