Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for acommunity project? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for acommunity project? - Sinclair ; OwenBot wrote: > A beta, by its very nature, is an unpolished thing. That includes the > documentation. You can think what you like, but since no-one seems > willing to give me the benefit of the doubt I have ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 38 of 38

  1. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a ??community project?

    OwenBot wrote:

    > A beta, by its very nature, is an unpolished thing. That includes the
    > documentation. You can think what you like, but since no-one seems
    > willing to give me the benefit of the doubt I have nothing further to
    > add.

    OK.

    Anyway, I'm off to download the linux kernel source code and put my
    name in all the headers now... I've got to release the first beta of
    "Slower Than Younix" by tea time. Arf arf!
    --
    Slower Than You

  2. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a??community project?

    On 30 Temmuz, 13:28, "Slower Than You" wrote:

    > Anyway, I'm off to download the linux kernel source code and put my
    > name in all the headers now... I've got to release the first beta of
    > "Slower Than Younix" by tea time. Arf arf!

    My attorney tells me that your comments are actionable too, and that a
    jury would almost certainly find in my favour. However, it would be a
    Pyrrhic victory since the pecuniary damage caused by a few posts to a
    usenet group that virtually no-one reads anymore is utterly
    insignificant and they probably wouldn't award costs either given the
    fairly mild nature of the posts and the fact that they would probably
    think I was massively over-reacting. For the sake of my health I
    should probably stop reading CSS for a while. I'm sure no-one will any
    sleep over that though.

  3. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a ??community project?

    OwenBot wrote:

    > On 30 Temmuz, 13:28, "Slower Than You" wrote:
    >
    > > Anyway, I'm off to download the linux kernel source code and put my
    > > name in all the headers now... I've got to release the first beta of
    > > "Slower Than Younix" by tea time. Arf arf!

    > My attorney tells me that your comments are actionable too, and that a
    > jury would almost certainly find in my favour.

    I'd get a better fictional attorney if I was you, then.
    --
    Slower Than You

  4. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a??community project?

    Slower Than You wrote:
    > OwenBot wrote:
    >
    >> On 30 Temmuz, 13:28, "Slower Than You" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyway, I'm off to download the linux kernel source code and put my
    >>> name in all the headers now... I've got to release the first beta of
    >>> "Slower Than Younix" by tea time. Arf arf!

    >> My attorney tells me that your comments are actionable too, and that a
    >> jury would almost certainly find in my favour.

    > I'd get a better fictional attorney if I was you, then.

    We find in favour of the plaintiff.

    there was some discussion about which one is the plaintiff - the
    complainy guy or the weasel, but we were unanimous in not wanting to be
    here any longer...

  5. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a ??community project?

    Guesser wrote:
    > Slower Than You wrote:
    >> OwenBot wrote:

    >>> My attorney tells me that your comments are actionable too, and that a
    >>> jury would almost certainly find in my favour.

    >> I'd get a better fictional attorney if I was you, then.

    > We find in favour of the plaintiff.
    >
    > there was some discussion about which one is the plaintiff - the
    > complainy guy or the weasel, but we were unanimous in not wanting to be
    > here any longer...

    Oooo, you copyright infringer you!
    You didn't even credit that to the author.
    Naughty.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  6. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a ??community project?

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > Guesser wrote:
    > > Slower Than You wrote:

    > >> I'd get a better fictional attorney if I was you, then.

    > > We find in favour of the plaintiff.
    > >
    > > there was some discussion about which one is the plaintiff - the
    > > complainy guy or the weasel, but we were unanimous in not wanting
    > > to be here any longer...

    > Oooo, you copyright infringer you!
    > You didn't even credit that to the author.
    > Naughty.

    *chuckle*
    --
    Slower Than You

  7. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a??community project?

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > Guesser wrote:
    >> Slower Than You wrote:

    >>> I'd get a better fictional attorney if I was you, then.

    >> We find in favour of the plaintiff.
    >>
    >> there was some discussion about which one is the plaintiff - the
    >> complainy guy or the weasel, but we were unanimous in not wanting to be
    >> here any longer...

    > Oooo, you copyright infringer you!
    > You didn't even credit that to the author.
    > Naughty.

    hehe

    oh noes

  8. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a??community project?

    Guesser wrote:

    > Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > >Guesser wrote:

    > > Oooo, you copyright infringer you!
    > > You didn't even credit that to the author.
    > > Naughty.

    > hehe
    >
    > oh noes

    You're goin' dahn, you slaaag!

    50-to-life in the state pen.
    --
    Slower Than You

  9. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a??communityproject?

    Slower Than You wrote:
    > Guesser wrote:
    >
    >> Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >>> Guesser wrote:
    >>> Oooo, you copyright infringer you!
    >>> You didn't even credit that to the author.
    >>> Naughty.

    >> hehe
    >>
    >> oh noes

    > You're goin' dahn, you slaaag!
    >
    > 50-to-life in the state pen.

    pfft, so, you'll get at least 20 years for crimes against post editing,
    with that half arsed snippage there

  10. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a??community project?

    "Slower Than You" wrote ...

    > 50-to-life in the state pen.

    Nay. Get the gallows ready. Hang the whole lot.
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes!

  11. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a??communityproject?

    Guesser wrote:

    > Slower Than You wrote:
    > > Guesser wrote:

    > > > hehe
    > > >
    > > > oh noes

    > > You're goin' dahn, you slaaag!
    > >
    > > 50-to-life in the state pen.

    > pfft, so, you'll get at least 20 years for crimes against post
    > editing, with that half arsed snippage there

    Guilty as charged.
    --
    Slower Than You

  12. Re: Does anyone feel like killing whoever did the threading in Agent? (was: ...writing a few small Z80 routines for a??community project?)

    I mean to say, in Agent this thread has broken into at least four
    "different" threads (oops, five now that I've spawned another branch).

    Agent has had this irritating bug since at least the time I started
    using Free Agent... TEN years ago. I'd have thought Forte would have
    found and fixed it by now. [No, clearly they don't give a fort --
    Ed]
    --
    My confused, I'm God

  13. Re: Does anyone feel like killing whoever did the threading in Agent?

    Robert Baker wrote:
    > I mean to say, in Agent this thread has broken into at least four
    > "different" threads (oops, five now that I've spawned another branch).
    >
    > Agent has had this irritating bug since at least the time I started
    > using Free Agent... TEN years ago. I'd have thought Forte would have
    > found and fixed it by now. [No, clearly they don't give a fort --
    > Ed]

    Tell them about it? Maybe everyone who uses it thinks someone else will
    report the bug so they've never bothered.

    Or you might want to dig around in the preferences for threading options.
    (the correct method is threading by reference or subject+reference rather
    than just subject line)

    tin of course threads it fine.

  14. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a ??community project?

    On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 12:24:44 -0400, Guesser
    wrote:

    >Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    [snippage]
    >> Oooo, you copyright infringer you!
    >> You didn't even credit that to the author.
    >> Naughty.

    >hehe

    Bast! :-)
    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

  15. Re: Does anyone feel like killing whoever did the threading in Agent?

    On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 09:29:20 +0100, Andrew Halliwell
    wrote:

    >Or you might want to dig around in the preferences for threading options.
    >(the correct method is threading by reference or subject+reference rather
    >than just subject line)

    Done that (just now), and there are two: "Enable threading by
    subject" and "Start a new thread when a follow-up subject changes"
    (both checked by default). Unfortunately, unchecking either or both,
    and clicking Apply, has no visible effect.
    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

  16. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a ??community project?

    On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 15:54:14 +0100, Robert Baker
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 12:24:44 -0400, Guesser
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    >[snippage]
    >>> Oooo, you copyright infringer you!
    >>> You didn't even credit that to the author.
    >>> Naughty.

    >>hehe

    >Bast! :-)

    You bast, time passes

  17. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a ??community project?

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 16:01:14 +0100, Lister
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 15:54:14 +0100, Robert Baker
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 12:24:44 -0400, Guesser
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    >>[snippage]
    >>>hehe

    >>Bast! :-)

    >You bast, time passes

    Actually the quote is originally from The Hobbit, wherein you can do
    all sorts of stuff to provoke the "Time passes..." response -- even
    set fire to yourself! :-)

    That's why sirclive was programmed with those triggers.
    --
    My confused, I'm God

  18. Re: Does anyone feel like writing a few small Z80 routines for a ??community project?

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 00:33:48 +0100, Robert Baker
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 16:01:14 +0100, Lister
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 15:54:14 +0100, Robert Baker
    >>wrote:

    >>>[snippage]
    >>>
    >>>Bast! :-)

    >>You bast, time passes

    >Actually the quote is originally from The Hobbit, wherein you can do
    >all sorts of stuff to provoke the "Time passes..." response -- even
    >set fire to yourself! :-)
    >
    >That's why sirclive was programmed with those triggers.

    I know that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2