Re: Amateurs web camchat - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Re: Amateurs web camchat - Sinclair ; [snipped the crappy crossposts] On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:26:04 -0700 (PDT) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin' to MC : > Amateurs web camchat http://spamspamspam Excellent! I look forward to seeing some amateur Spectrum users chatting about the crapness ...

  1. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    [snipped the crappy crossposts]

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:26:04 -0700 (PDT) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC :

    > Amateurs web camchat http://spamspamspam

    Excellent! I look forward to seeing some amateur Spectrum users
    chatting about the crapness of the C64, or something.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  2. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    "Chris Young" napísal v správe
    > [snipped the crappy crossposts]
    >
    > On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:26:04 -0700 (PDT) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    > rappin'
    > to MC :
    >
    >> Amateurs web camchat http://spamspamspam

    How is this filtered ? I am using Outlook Express and didn't set up any
    filter and have it filtered.

  3. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    Bohus Král wrote:

    > "Chris Young" napísal v správe
    >> [snipped the crappy crossposts]
    >>
    >> On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:26:04 -0700 (PDT) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    >> rappin'
    >> to MC :
    >>
    >>> Amateurs web camchat http://spamspamspam

    > How is this filtered ?

    how is what filtered?
    d'y'mean the original message chris replied to?
    I didn't see that either, I have no filtering/killfiling in this newsgroup
    apart from MI5 blokey, so obviously, it means one thing...

    The NNTP server blocked it.

    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  4. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    On 2008-07-10, Bohus Král wrote:

    > How is this filtered ? I am using Outlook Express and didn't set up any
    > filter and have it filtered.

    Many ISPs do their best to filter usenet spam, occasionally some
    numpty takes it on him or herself to repost spam and add on some witty
    comment like "hur hur this is spam", at which point the filtering was
    all for nothing.

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  5. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    Chris Young wrote:
    > Excellent! I look forward to seeing some amateur Spectrum users
    > chatting about the crapness of the C64, or something.

    As opposed to all those professional Spectrum users...

  6. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    fuzzix" wrote:

    > > Excellent! I look forward to seeing some amateur Spectrum users

    > As opposed to all those professional Spectrum users...

    Might as well put "used a Spectrum" on your CV, since it indicates far more
    technical skill than anything recent. "Implemented rounded corners for a
    social networking site."

    Eq.

  7. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    Chris Young wrote:
    >> Amateurs web camchat http://spamspamspam

    > Excellent! I look forward to seeing some amateur Spectrum users
    > chatting about the crapness of the C64, or something.

    All you need then is #speccy on the right sort of saturday night when
    myself, Daren, Scrib and maybe even Fuzzix (if he can be convinced to
    turn his cam on) are all around

  8. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    none wrote:
    > Chris Young wrote:
    >>> Amateurs web camchat http://spamspamspam

    >> Excellent! I look forward to seeing some amateur Spectrum users
    >> chatting about the crapness of the C64, or something.

    > All you need then is #speccy on the right sort of saturday night when
    > myself, Daren, Scrib and maybe even Fuzzix (if he can be convinced to
    > turn his cam on) are all around

    Tsk, eh? That was ME! The perils of Thunderbird.

  9. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    Marko wrote:
    > none wrote:
    >>> Excellent! I look forward to seeing some amateur Spectrum users
    >>> chatting about the crapness of the C64, or something.

    >> All you need then is #speccy on the right sort of saturday night when
    >> myself, Daren, Scrib and maybe even Fuzzix (if he can be convinced to
    >> turn his cam on) are all around

    > Tsk, eh? That was ME! The perils of Thunderbird.

    Thought it might be, you MASTER of disguise you.
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | |

  10. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    Never saw this spam on this server.

    Thanks a lot for bringing my attention to this valuable resource.

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "Chris Young" wrote in message
    > [snipped the crappy crossposts]
    >
    > On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:26:04 -0700 (PDT) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    > rappin'
    > to MC :
    >
    >> Amateurs web camchat http://spamspamspam

    > Excellent! I look forward to seeing some amateur Spectrum users
    > chatting about the crapness of the C64, or something.
    >
    > Chris
    >

    > --
    > | Unsatisfactory Software - "because it is" |
    > | http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk |
    > | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |
    > +- http://www.yoursinclair.co.uk -----------+
    >
    > DISCLAIMER: I may be making all this stuff up again.

  11. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:13:26 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Brian Gaff:

    > Thanks a lot for bringing my attention to this valuable resource.

    All part of the service!

    I'm sure the amateurs will be using rubber (keyboards) and playing
    with their joysticks as we speak. They may even be interfacing with
    their microdrives. I don't expect to see any floppies, but there may
    be a hard drive on display.

    I didn't want you or the other denizens of c.s.s missing out on /that/
    sort of action!

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  12. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:33:06 +0100, none wrote:

    >Chris Young wrote:
    >>> Amateurs web camchat http://spamspamspam

    >> Excellent! I look forward to seeing some amateur Spectrum users
    >> chatting about the crapness of the C64, or something.

    >All you need then is #speccy on the right sort of saturday night when
    >myself, Daren, Scrib and maybe even Fuzzix (if he can be convinced to
    >turn his cam on) are all around

    Wasn't there once a ListerCam?[1]

    [1]Until it blew up because of the shirt. Or something.
    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

  13. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    On Jul 11, 10:54 pm, Robert Baker wrote:
    > Wasn't there once a ListerCam?[1]

    And there's that place in Siberia, camchat(ka).

  14. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:54:09 +0100, Robert Baker
    wrote:

    >>> Excellent! I look forward to seeing some amateur Spectrum users
    >>> chatting about the crapness of the C64, or something.

    >>All you need then is #speccy on the right sort of saturday night when
    >>myself, Daren, Scrib and maybe even Fuzzix (if he can be convinced to
    >>turn his cam on) are all around

    >Wasn't there once a ListerCam?[1]
    >
    >[1]Until it blew up because of the shirt. Or something.

    There was, a long time ago, but my general ****wittedness caused it to
    go offline rather sharpish

  15. Re: Amateurs web camchat

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:12:39 +0100, Ian Rawlings
    wrote:

    >On 2008-07-10, Bohus Král wrote:
    >
    >> How is this filtered ? I am using Outlook Express and didn't set up any
    >> filter and have it filtered.

    >Many ISPs do their best to filter usenet spam, occasionally some
    >numpty takes it on him or herself to repost spam and add on some witty
    >comment like "hur hur this is spam", at which point the filtering was
    >all for nothing.

    Alex Farthead used to do that quite a lot -- he never trimmed the spam
    he was replying to, not even the URL. That, and he posted those long
    and boring NQAS posts. And then he wondered why the rest of us hated
    him...

    At least when I make "witty" replies to spam, as a bare minimum I
    mangle the URL, or better still remove it completely, so that I'm not
    doing the spammers' work for them, as La Farthead so often did.
    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

+ Reply to Thread