Red Bull cola - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Red Bull cola - Sinclair ; Tried it last night, out of curiosity. It was dire. It makes even Diet Coke taste great by comparison. The worst bit is, the two cans I bought were 355ml (only slightly larger than a standard 330ml can), yet when ...

  1. Red Bull cola

    Tried it last night, out of curiosity.

    It was dire. It makes even Diet Coke taste great by comparison.

    The worst bit is, the two cans I bought were 355ml (only slightly
    larger than a standard 330ml can), yet when I looked at my receipt, I
    found I'd been charged #1.05 *each* -- over double the usual 50p
    price! (Still, at least I got a Clubcard point for each of them...)

    Steer well clear; I'm sticking to the established colas (Pepsi Max for
    preference) from now on...

    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

  2. Re: Red Bull cola

    Robert Baker wrote:
    > It was dire. It makes even Diet Coke taste great by comparison.

    I'm a Jolt man meself but only when the caffeine enema place near the
    college closes doors.

    The flavour of such beverages is secondary to their function.

    Not that I don't appreciate a good coffee...

    ....all cola tastes the same, however. It's a big scam!

  3. Re: Red Bull cola

    On Jul 5, 11:56*pm, fuzzix wrote:
    > Robert Baker wrote:
    > > It was dire. *It makes even Diet Coke taste great by comparison.

    Are you mad man?

    Red Bull Cola is an awesomely tasting natural cola with a decent
    buzz. No added crap or phosphoric acid just natural ingredients which
    include Capsicum, Cola and Chilli in a single sip that's a time saver
    right there two of the cornerstones of any hackers food pyramid.

    > I'm a Jolt man meself but only when the caffeine enema place near the
    > college closes doors.

    Red Bull Cola tastes a bit like Jolt without that funny after taste
    you get from Jolt in a can. The Caffeine is more even giving a longer
    lift rather than a rush followed by a head pounding request for
    another dose.

    I'm stuck with half a bottle of Diet Pepsi (most caffeine of the
    normal Colas) and half a dozen cans of the Sprite energy drink until
    SWMBO goes to the supermarket later. I might just survive if I pop
    out and get a can of Relentless Juiced for breakfast (one of my five
    aday )

    sparkes

  4. Re: Red Bull cola

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 00:16:33 -0700 (PDT), sparkes
    wrote:

    >Are you mad man?
    >
    >Red Bull Cola is an awesomely tasting natural cola

    Oh please, don't start into the "natural == healthy" or "natural ==
    better" bollocks. By that "logic" we should eat bitter almonds
    instead of sweet ones, as they contain natural cyanide.

    And phosphoric acid may not be very good for you, but at least your
    insides won't rust. :-)

    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

  5. Re: Red Bull cola

    Robert Baker wrote:
    > On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 00:16:33 -0700 (PDT), sparkes
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Are you mad man?
    >>
    >>Red Bull Cola is an awesomely tasting natural cola

    > Oh please, don't start into the "natural == healthy" or "natural ==
    > better" bollocks. By that "logic" we should eat bitter almonds
    > instead of sweet ones, as they contain natural cyanide.
    >
    > And phosphoric acid may not be very good for you, but at least your
    > insides won't rust. :-)

    Comfry tea anyone?

  6. Re: Red Bull cola

    On 2008-07-06, Robert Baker wrote:

    > Oh please, don't start into the "natural == healthy" or "natural ==
    > better" bollocks. By that "logic" we should eat bitter almonds
    > instead of sweet ones, as they contain natural cyanide.

    Also apparently eating only free-range chicken is good for the
    environment ;-) Not to mention buying a new car that's packed with
    batteries!

    > And phosphoric acid may not be very good for you, but at least your
    > insides won't rust. :-)

    I'll have some Death Cap mushrooms please, straight from the forest
    floor.

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  7. Re: Red Bull cola

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 11:39:04 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Ian Rawlings:

    > On 2008-07-06, Robert Baker wrote:
    >
    > > Oh please, don't start into the "natural == healthy" or "natural ==
    > > better" bollocks. By that "logic" we should eat bitter almonds
    > > instead of sweet ones, as they contain natural cyanide.

    > Also apparently eating only free-range chicken is good for the
    > environment ;-) Not to mention buying a new car that's packed with
    > batteries!

    I'm sure burning up all that natural oil is doing wonders for the
    ozone layer!

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |