Celebrate the 80s! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Celebrate the 80s! - Sinclair ; If you have EIGHT QUID you can buy this magazine I saw in Tesco's today. Due to going shopping at a reasonably sensible time, rather than half-way through the middle of the evening when the shop's empty, I didn't get ...

  1. Celebrate the 80s!

    If you have EIGHT QUID you can buy this magazine I saw in Tesco's
    today.

    Due to going shopping at a reasonably sensible time, rather than
    half-way through the middle of the evening when the shop's empty, I
    didn't get to read much of it as I was causing an obstruction. I
    might have bought it and read it at home if it wasn't EIGHT QUID.

    Anyway, starting on page 142 there is a double-page spread about Uncle
    Clive's favourite home computer, a box-out about the C5 and an
    interview with Matt Bielby - in which he errorneously described
    Spectrum games as "****"[1].

    I didn't get to read it all as I was causing an obstruction and it was
    EIGHT QUID (you've already mentioned that - Ed), although I did notice
    that the Spectrum page was tarnished with an image of a C64.

    There are a truckload of other pages about 80s computer games as well,
    and some other pop culture (films, certainly). Anyway, it looked like
    a pretty good read, and reasonable value even at EIGHT QUID (there
    were no adverts that I noticed, which probably accounts for the
    higher-than-expected cover price).

    If somebody has parted with their readies please give us a proper
    review!

    Chris
    [1] Everybody knows Spectrum games are "crap".

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  2. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    Chris Young wrote:

    > Anyway, starting on page 142 there is a double-page spread about Uncle
    > Clive's favourite home computer, a box-out about the C5 and an
    > interview with Matt Bielby - in which he errorneously described
    > Spectrum games as "****"[1].

    Sounds good. How much is it?

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  3. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    Duncan Snowden wrote:
    > Chris Young wrote:
    >
    >> Anyway, starting on page 142 there is a double-page spread about Uncle
    >> Clive's favourite home computer, a box-out about the C5 and an
    >> interview with Matt Bielby - in which he errorneously described
    >> Spectrum games as "****"[1].

    > Sounds good. How much is it?

    Indeeed, I'm curious too...
    Hope it's not too expensive. I'd go as high as maybe 4 or 5... But wouldn't
    bother if was a silly price like, say... 8....
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | |

  4. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    Chris Young wrote:

    > [1] Everybody knows Spectrum games are "crap".

    Hi Chris!

    Not in the least!

    e.g. 'The Hobbit'

    Kind regards,

    Daniel Mandic

    P.S.: Worse Things Happen on Sea, Knight Lore, Colossus Chess, Elite
    (tuned), etc.

  5. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    Duncan Snowden wrote:
    > Chris Young wrote:
    >
    >> Anyway, starting on page 142 there is a double-page spread about Uncle
    >> Clive's favourite home computer, a box-out about the C5 and an
    >> interview with Matt Bielby - in which he errorneously described
    >> Spectrum games as "****"[1].

    > Sounds good. How much is it?

    I'm not sure. I saw one in my local Eight Pound store, but it didn't
    have a price tag on it.

  6. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    Matthew Westcott wrote:
    > Duncan Snowden wrote:
    >> Chris Young wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyway, starting on page 142 there is a double-page spread about Uncle
    >>> Clive's favourite home computer, a box-out about the C5 and an
    >>> interview with Matt Bielby - in which he errorneously described
    >>> Spectrum games as "****"[1].

    >> Sounds good. How much is it?

    > I'm not sure. I saw one in my local Eight Pound store, but it didn't
    > have a price tag on it.

    They said inflation was going up, but this is redicilicilicilicilus
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  7. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    On 2008-07-04, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > Matthew Westcott wrote:
    >> I'm not sure. I saw one in my local Eight Pound store, but it didn't
    >> have a price tag on it.

    > They said inflation was going up, but this is redicilicilicilicilus

    WE'LL ALL BE MURDERED IN OUR BEDS!

    I blame the imiggrant's and peadoos.

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  8. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 22:00:02 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Matthew Westcott:

    > > Sounds good. How much is it?

    > I'm not sure. I saw one in my local Eight Pound store, but it didn't
    > have a price tag on it.

    It's Eight Pound, Alan, Eight Pound! It's an Eight Pound shop,
    everything's Eight Pound!

    As for Celebrate the 80s, I'm sure I looked at the price and I meant
    to put it in my post but I've completely forgotten how much it is now.

    It was situated near some 45p TV listings magazines, so I trust it
    wouldn't have been any more than, oooh, a monkey and two squirrels?[1]

    Chris
    [1] Approximately EIGHT QUID

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  9. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    "Ian Rawlings" napísal

    >> They said inflation was going up, but this is redicilicilicilicilus

    > WE'LL ALL BE MURDERED IN OUR BEDS!

    Is it some kind of citation ?

  10. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    On Jul 5, 2:43*am, Bohus Král wrote:
    > "Ian Rawlings" napísal
    >
    > >> They said inflation was going up, but this is redicilicilicilicilus

    > > WE'LL ALL BE MURDERED IN OUR BEDS!

    > Is it some kind of citation ? *

    Looks more like a prediction.

    can anyone confirm that the price of this mag was a very reasonable
    45p? or will be expected to pay something ridiculous like, oh I don't
    know 8 quid.

    sparkes

  11. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    "Chris Young" wrote:

    >If you have EIGHT QUID you can buy this magazine I saw in Tesco's
    >today.
    >
    >Due to going shopping at a reasonably sensible time, rather than
    >half-way through the middle of the evening when the shop's empty, I
    >didn't get to read much of it as I was causing an obstruction. I
    >might have bought it and read it at home if it wasn't EIGHT QUID.
    >
    >Anyway, starting on page 142 there is a double-page spread about Uncle
    >Clive's favourite home computer, a box-out about the C5 and an
    >interview with Matt Bielby - in which he errorneously described
    >Spectrum games as "****"[1].
    >
    >I didn't get to read it all as I was causing an obstruction and it was
    >EIGHT QUID (you've already mentioned that - Ed), although I did notice
    >that the Spectrum page was tarnished with an image of a C64.
    >
    >There are a truckload of other pages about 80s computer games as well,
    >and some other pop culture (films, certainly). Anyway, it looked like
    >a pretty good read, and reasonable value even at EIGHT QUID (there
    >were no adverts that I noticed, which probably accounts for the
    >higher-than-expected cover price).
    >
    >If somebody has parted with their readies please give us a proper
    >review!
    >
    >Chris
    >[1] Everybody knows Spectrum games are "crap".

    Well, I'll buy it, possibly

  12. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    Lister wrote:
    > Well, I'll buy it, possibly

    I'm going to buy a RAH-66 Comanche helicopter to harass the neighbours
    and meet babes..

    ...possibly

  13. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    In message <486E76FF.MD-1.4.17.chris.young@unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk>
    "Chris Young" wrote:

    > If you have EIGHT QUID you can buy this magazine I saw in Tesco's
    > today.

    Only 6.39 from www.amazon.co.uk and it's not just a magazine, it's a
    "Perfect Paperback" with 148 pages.

    Regards, Philip.

  14. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    On Jul 6, 1:17*pm, Philip Green wrote:
    > In message <486E76FF.MD-1.4.17.chris.yo...@unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk>
    > * * * * * "Chris Young" wrote:
    >
    > > If you have EIGHT QUID you can buy this magazine I saw in Tesco's
    > > today.

    > Only 6.39 fromwww.amazon.co.ukand it's not just a magazine, it's a
    > "Perfect Paperback" with 148 pages.
    >
    > Regards, Philip.

    If you give me Eight Quid I will go and buy you a magazine[1] from
    Tesco.

    [1] Probably the cheapest one so I can spend the rest on Bensons and
    Whiskey (robot fuel).

  15. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 04:29:52 -0700 (PDT), OwenBot
    wrote:

    >On Jul 6, 1:17*pm, Philip Green wrote:
    >> In message <486E76FF.MD-1.4.17.chris.yo...@unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk>
    >> * * * * * "Chris Young" wrote:
    >>
    >> > If you have EIGHT QUID you can buy this magazine I saw in Tesco's
    >> > today.

    >> Only 6.39 fromwww.amazon.co.ukand it's not just a magazine, it's a
    >> "Perfect Paperback" with 148 pages.
    >>
    >> Regards, Philip.

    >If you give me Eight Quid I will go and buy you a magazine[1] from
    >Tesco.
    >
    >[1] Probably the cheapest one so I can spend the rest on Bensons and
    >Whiskey (robot fuel).

    Not Rolos, then?

  16. Re: Celebrate the 80s!

    On Jul 7, 9:53*pm, Lister wrote:
    > On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 04:29:52 -0700 (PDT), OwenBot
    > wrote:
    >

    > >On Jul 6, 1:17*pm, Philip Green wrote:

    > >> Only 6.39 fromwww.amazon.co.ukandit's not just a magazine, it's a
    > >> "Perfect Paperback" with 148 pages.

    > >> Regards, Philip.

    > >If you give me Eight Quid I will go and buy you a magazine[1] from
    > >Tesco.

    > >[1] Probably the cheapest one so I can spend the rest on Bensons and
    > >Whiskey (robot fuel).

    > Not Rolos, then?

    Rolos are the bot equivalent of crack cocaine.

+ Reply to Thread