Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings. - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings. - Sinclair ; Sam Gillett wrote: > Sir Clive has also been reading about P.T. Barnum, and like Barnum > believes that there is a sucker born every minute. No, no. P.T. Barnum believed in the benefits of effective surge protection....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 32 of 32

  1. Re: Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings.

    Sam Gillett wrote:
    > Sir Clive has also been reading about P.T. Barnum, and like Barnum
    > believes that there is a sucker born every minute.

    No, no. P.T. Barnum believed in the benefits of effective surge protection.

  2. Re: Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings.

    Matthew Westcott wrote:
    > Sam Gillett wrote:
    >> Sir Clive has also been reading about P.T. Barnum, and like Barnum
    >> believes that there is a sucker born every minute.

    > No, no. P.T. Barnum believed in the benefits of effective surge protection.

    Shhh! Don't SAY those words!
    You'll have w_tom in 'ere before you can say blown cmos.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  3. Re: Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings.

    On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 01:26:22 +0100, Andrew Halliwell
    wrote:

    >Matthew Westcott wrote:
    >> Sam Gillett wrote:
    >>> Sir Clive has also been reading about P.T. Barnum, and like Barnum
    >>> believes that there is a sucker born every minute.

    >> No, no. P.T. Barnum believed in the benefits of effective surge protection.

    >Shhh! Don't SAY those words!
    >You'll have w_tom in 'ere before you can say blown cmos.

    Least we could leave him discussing it with w_tombot (if "he's" still
    around).

  4. Re: Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings.

    Yes, but anyone who would actually license flying cars would be completely
    mad.
    There was a story of this kind in Biggles, many years ago.
    Brian

    --
    Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
    in the display name may be lost.
    "Daniel Mandic" wrote in message
    news:486aa2d2$0$2242$91cee783@newsreader01.highway .telekom.at...
    > Brian Gaff wrote:
    >
    >> Of course C5 in z80 code was....
    >>
    >> :-)
    >>
    >> Brian

    > has anyone read the thread?
    >
    > ;-)
    >

    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Daniel Mandic

  5. Re: Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings.

    Exactly, Push BC was code for push your bike, a very apt description of what
    came next and probably what happened with many C5s.

    Brian

    --
    "Steve Caddy" wrote in message
    > C5 that would be PUSH BC
    >
    > Maybe personal flying machines will work if we give them a push?
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > Brian Gaff wrote:
    >> Of course C5 in z80 code was....

  6. Re: Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings.

    Brian Gaff wrote:

    > Biggles

    um...

    Biggles, the novel!?... ~100 issues. If you mean that then I can
    understand you slightly. (some story about licensing planes like we
    have cars, probably...)

    The Video is astonishing (Thread Video/Radio)... how they park the many
    c5 in a row and how they ride...
    I like this machine. Looks Good!

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  7. Re: Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings.

    On 02 Jul 2008 19:36:05 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Daniel Mandic:

    > The Video is astonishing (Thread Video/Radio)...

    You mean the one on the BBC news article, which gives the error "this
    video is not available to play at this time" every time I try? It
    saddens me that somebody from far-off lands who didn't pay for this
    piece of journalism[1] can play it, whereas I can't.

    > how they park the many
    > c5 in a row and how they ride...
    > I like this machine. Looks Good!

    Sir Clive should have employed you to market it. I'm sure most of the
    country would have nodded and exclaimed "those crazy Europeans!", and
    probably still not bothered to buy the damn things.

    Chris
    [1] OK, the video's from 1985, so technically I didn't pay for it
    either, but that's not the point!

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  8. Re: Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings.

    Chris Young wrote:

    > You mean the one on the BBC news article, which gives the error "this
    > video is not available to play at this time" every time I try? It
    > saddens me that somebody from far-off lands who didn't pay for this
    > piece of journalism[1] can play it, whereas I can't.

    I didn't see the error. It was saved in my Browser [open all tabs next
    time], and I saw the still-picture (Radio broadcast) has changed to a
    video

    > Sir Clive should have employed you to market it.

    We sold the Spectrum 48K with 8-game collection (Chess, Jet-Pac, Pssst,
    Chequered Flags, Reversi, Flight Simulation, Cookie and Othello? ;-.)
    NO, I dont now the eighth right now, togther with Horizon
    entry-cassette, off course)

    > I'm sure most of the
    > country would have nodded and exclaimed "those crazy Europeans!", and
    > probably still not bothered to buy the damn things.

    You know Sinclair Computers have its place....

    > Chris
    > [1] OK, the video's from 1985, so technically I didn't pay for it
    > either, but that's not the point!

    However. BBC is not so bad. I like it.....

    Kind regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  9. Re: Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings.

    Guesser wrote:

    > you could probably do something like this in America, where the FAA will
    > let any old tin of bolts have a certificate of airworthyness.
    >
    > our 'Committee Against Aviation' makes everything related to flight and
    > endless and expensive beurocratic nightmare

    It's the British way. God save the Queen. Provided he has the proper
    documentation, in triplicate.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  10. Re: Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings.

    > I saw Sir Clive making crop circles,
    > But they turned out square!!

    .... And they had colour splurge! ...

  11. Re: Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings.

    J D wrote:

    >> I saw Sir Clive making crop circles,
    >> But they turned out square!!
    >>

    > .... And they had colour splurge! ...

    blimey, you must type even slower than my mum!

  12. Re: Our leader has spoken. Strap on your wings.

    "Guesser" wrote in message
    >J D wrote:
    >>

    >>> I saw Sir Clive making crop circles,
    >>> But they turned out square!!
    >>>

    >> .... And they had colour splurge! ...
    >>

    > blimey, you must type even slower than my mum!

    Yo mumma so slow, she got outrun by all the snails

    Yo mumma so slow, she cant outdry the paint

    Yo mumma so slow everyone grows a beard waitin fer her to git on da bus ...
    yeh even the chicks

    Yo mumma so slow, by the time she finished setting 'erself up for a
    sunbathin, the sun has long since burned out

    Yo mumma so slow, she cant go fishin cause the waters run dry by the time
    she gets there ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2