Chris Young - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Chris Young - Sinclair ; Hanno Foest wrote: > Currently I'm struggling for some free time to get my collection of > antiques running again. Hi Hanno! sigh... whom do you tell this.... (I have still one Spectrum case-screw in my vacuum-cleaner bag, since 2008/FEB... ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 69 of 69

  1. Re: Chris Young

    Hanno Foest wrote:

    > Currently I'm struggling for some free time to get my collection of
    > antiques running again.

    Hi Hanno!

    sigh... whom do you tell this....

    (I have still one Spectrum case-screw in my vacuum-cleaner bag, since
    2008/FEB... ;-))

    But I am pretty sure my deep hole is ending right now and I'll go on
    with computering, to understand one time how a Speccy can be used
    fully, at least ;-.)

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  2. Re: Chris Young

    On 29 Jun, 20:55, "Daniel Mandic" wrote:
    > Hanno Foest wrote:
    > > Currently I'm struggling for some free time to get my collection of
    > > antiques running again.

    > Hi Hanno!
    >
    > sigh... whom do you tell this....
    >
    > (I have still one Spectrum case-screw in my vacuum-cleaner bag, since
    > 2008/FEB... ;-))

    Once you have a full set in there your vacuum will be able to play the
    theme from Agent X, or any other Tim Follin tune.

  3. Re: Chris Young

    Lister wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:52:16 +0100, Andrew Halliwell
    > wrote:
    >
    > >OwenBot wrote:
    > >> I'll have been here 10 years from next year.

    > > Can't believe I've been here longer than you and mr snowden...
    > > It's mindboggling.
    > >

    > How long have ~I been here?

    I had my first posting in 1994 (Specventure).

    Really active since 1999 ~ 2001, about....

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  4. Re: Chris Young

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 11:20:54 -0700 (PDT), OwenBot
    wrote:

    >On Jun 28, 9:44*pm, "Sam Gillett"
    >wrote:
    >> Owenbot should convert his time machine to run on Pepsi-Cola as that
    >> commodity will still be available thousands of years from now.

    >You mean because it's so filthy no-one will drink it?

    Er, he said "Pepsi", not "Coke". :-)

    (Pepsi Max is the ONLY diet cola worth drinking -- Diet Pepsi and Coke
    Zero are just about tolerable, in an "if I'm dying of thirst and
    there's nothing else available that's both cold and fit for human
    consumption" kind of way, but Diet Coke is fit only for unblocking
    drains; it would probably do quite a good job, judging by the taste.)

  5. Re: Chris Young

    Robert Baker used the following words in the same sentence:
    > diet cola

    > worth drinking

    I spot a mistake right there

  6. Re: Chris Young

    On Jun 29, 10:07*pm, Robert Baker wrote:

    > (Pepsi Max is the ONLY diet cola worth drinking -- Diet Pepsi and Coke
    > Zero are just about tolerable, in an "if I'm dying of thirst and
    > there's nothing else available that's both cold and fit for human
    > consumption" kind of way, but Diet Coke is fit only for unblocking
    > drains; it would probably do quite a good job, judging by the taste.)

    Ah, I take it you don't like Diet Caffeine Free Coke or, as I prefer
    to call it, pond water, either?

    Also, aren't Pepsi Max and Coke Zero just a cynical branding exercise
    aimed at selling more 'diet' cola to men who wouldn't buy a girlie
    'diet' drink?

    And further more, is there a list of countries where they're not
    allowed to call them 'diet' and have to call them 'lite' instead?

  7. Re: Chris Young

    Andrew Halliwell escreveu:
    > KLP2 wrote:
    >> fuzzix escreveu:
    >>> Not even 7 years, meself...

    >> Google says I've been around since 1996... Jeez, 12 years already?
    >> Gawd, I'm officially old.
    >>

    > You're not too old to come into #speccy are you?
    > c'mon K! It's been 18 months! (since sirclive last saw you)

    Life seems to get in the way. Once you have kids, your free time drops
    to zero real fast. :-(

    --
    KLP2

  8. Re: Chris Young

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:47:55 -0700 (PDT), OwenBot
    wrote:

    >Also, aren't Pepsi Max and Coke Zero just a cynical branding exercise
    >aimed at selling more 'diet' cola to men who wouldn't buy a girlie
    >'diet' drink?

    Having tried all four of the leading diet colas, I can confirm that
    there's a definite difference in taste -- in particular, Pepsi Max is
    much closer in taste to regular Pepsi than is Diet Pepsi. I suspect
    that the reason both are still marketed is in fact the reverse of what
    you say; that although there are those who prefer the superior
    formulation of Pepsi Max, there are also those (probably mostly women,
    as you say) who won't touch a soft drink unless it has "diet" in the
    name. (I think Pepsi should switch to the Max recipe for *both* its
    diet brands.)

    >And further more, is there a list of countries where they're not
    >allowed to call them 'diet' and have to call them 'lite' instead?

    What I find *really* annoying is that in the UK, products labelled
    "diet" are *required by law* to give false and misleading information:
    "Can help slimming or weight control only as part of a calorie
    controlled diet" -- when it's well-known that low-calorie diets don't
    work for everyone (as attested by the high failure rate, and indeed by
    individual idiosyncracy which guarantees that there can never be any
    one-size-fits-all solution to any medical problem), and that other
    long-established and proven diets may be more effective. (The
    low-carb diet, invented by William Banting in the 1850s and
    subsequently re-invented as the F-Plan diet and the Atkins diet, is
    highly successful for some, and would be the one I would use if I were
    dieting, rather than avoiding excess sugar for medical reasons.
    --
    Zork: one nation, underground, invisible, with loot and adventure for all

  9. Re: Chris Young

    Calum schrieb:
    > LCD wrote:
    >
    >> Sure?
    >> # It predicted "intelligent agents" in computer programs (Max Headroom
    >> himself, and the talking parrot programmed by the character Bryce in
    >> some of the early episodes), guiding the usage of software, much as
    >> has been implemented by Microsoft (the talking paper clip in Office
    >> 2000, the now-defunct "Bob" software interface, etc.) and others.
    >> -> http://www.spiritone.com/~brucem/trivmax.htm

    > Yes, and they've really taken off, haven't they? :P
    >
    > The early visions of intelligent agents have really never come to
    > fruition-- there certainly wasn't anything 'intelligent' about those two
    > Microsoft examples, and most people hate(d) both of them.

    How true! these Microsoft Office talking assistents have nothing to do
    with AI, and after installation of Office I removed them. Max Headroom
    on the other side... Todays AI programs still do not have the
    intelligence of this sarkastic head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4