Chris Young - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Chris Young - Sinclair ; On Jun 26, 9:48*pm, "Sam Gillett" wrote: > "Chris Young" wrote ... > > > On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:46:09 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were > > rappin' to MC Robert Baker: > > >> Also, what on ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69

  1. Re: Chris Young

    On Jun 26, 9:48*pm, "Sam Gillett"
    wrote:
    > "Chris Young" wrote ...
    >
    > > On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:46:09 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    > > rappin' to MC Robert Baker:

    > >> Also, what on earth happened in February 2001 to make the
    > >> group hit its peak of 5460 posts (we don't see that many in a year
    > >> nowadays); was there an explosion in a crisp factory or summat?

    > > Could that be the near-legendary "The C64 is crap"? *Although IIRC
    > > that was a couple of years before then.

    > I don't really remember for sure. *But, February 2001 could have been about
    > right for at least one of the css vs. csc flamewars. *Seems I may remember
    > participating on the C64 side. * *:-)
    >
    > I am still on the C64 side. *Just here to spy on the Sinclair bunch while
    > getting ready for the Great Flamewar of 2010. * *;-)

    That'll be the one where all the Flamelords are wiped out. Oh wait,
    that's Doctor Who. No wait. You know I like Doctor Who, I really do,
    but "mmm Catherine Tate" just doesn't have the right ring to it.

  2. Re: Chris Young

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:51:17 +0100, Andrew Halliwell
    wrote:

    >Lister wrote:
    >> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:52:16 +0100, Andrew Halliwell
    >> wrote:

    >>>Can't believe I've been here longer than you and mr snowden...
    >>>It's mindboggling.
    >>>

    >> How long have ~I been here?

    >Ask google.

    I will when I remember

  3. Re: Chris Young

    LCD wrote:

    > Sure?
    > # It predicted "intelligent agents" in computer programs (Max Headroom
    > himself, and the talking parrot programmed by the character Bryce in
    > some of the early episodes), guiding the usage of software, much as has
    > been implemented by Microsoft (the talking paper clip in Office 2000,
    > the now-defunct "Bob" software interface, etc.) and others.
    > -> http://www.spiritone.com/~brucem/trivmax.htm

    Yes, and they've really taken off, haven't they? :P

    The early visions of intelligent agents have really never come to
    fruition-- there certainly wasn't anything 'intelligent' about those two
    Microsoft examples, and most people hate(d) both of them.

  4. Re: Chris Young

    fuzzix escreveu:
    > Duncan Snowden wrote:
    >> Holy faeces, I've just realised I've been here 10 years now. Doesn't
    >> time fly when you're wasting it talking about crisps?

    > Not even 7 years, meself...

    Google says I've been around since 1996... Jeez, 12 years already?
    Gawd, I'm officially old.

    --
    KLP2

  5. Re: Chris Young

    KLP2 wrote:
    > fuzzix escreveu:
    >> Duncan Snowden wrote:
    >>> Holy faeces, I've just realised I've been here 10 years now. Doesn't
    >>> time fly when you're wasting it talking about crisps?

    >> Not even 7 years, meself...

    > Google says I've been around since 1996... Jeez, 12 years already?
    > Gawd, I'm officially old.

    You're not too old to come into #speccy are you?
    c'mon K! It's been 18 months! (since sirclive last saw you)

  6. Re: Chris Young

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:48:16 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Sam Gillett:

    > > No, because you forgot to put "and I claim my five pounds". Ha! 75p
    > > and a packet of Rolos to me, I think.

    > Will you settle for 5p and a tin of Altoids?

    No.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  7. Re: Chris Young

    "Duncan Snowden" napísal

    > Holy faeces, I've just realised I've been here 10 years now. Doesn't time
    > fly when you're wasting it talking about crisps?

    First reference about me is from October 2001. As I am reading my first
    posts, I feel strange feeling , that my progress in english is not much
    markable.

  8. Re: Chris Young

    "OwenBot" wrote ...

    > On Jun 26, 9:48 pm, "Sam Gillett"
    > wrote:
    >> "Chris Young" wrote ...
    >>
    >> > On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:46:09 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    >> > rappin' to MC Robert Baker:

    >> > Could that be the near-legendary "The C64 is crap"? Although IIRC
    >> > that was a couple of years before then.

    >> I don't really remember for sure. But, February 2001 could have been about
    >> right for at least one of the css vs. csc flamewars. Seems I may remember
    >> participating on the C64 side. :-)
    >>
    >> I am still on the C64 side. Just here to spy on the Sinclair bunch while
    >> getting ready for the Great Flamewar of 2010. ;-)

    > That'll be the one where all the Flamelords are wiped out.

    Thank you for coming back from the future to warn us about that. Due to your
    thoughtful warning all Flamelords will be equipped with asbestos suits so
    that none will be lost. However, ordinary users will be fried to a crisp.

    To those reading this who are ordinary users and do not have an asbestos
    suit: At some point before January 1st, 2010, you may want to drop your
    subscription to this and any other newsgroup that might be affected. By
    doing so, you may make it possible for you and your offspring to survive into
    the 22nd century.

    Disclaimer: Be sure to consult your psychiatrist and tell him about this and
    any other newsgroups that you read.
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes!

  9. Re: Chris Young

    On Jun 27, 8:08*pm, "Sam Gillett"
    wrote:

    > >> I am still on the C64 side. Just here to spy on the Sinclair bunch while
    > >> getting ready for the Great Flamewar of 2010. ;-)

    > > That'll be the one where all the Flamelords are wiped out.

    > Thank you for coming back from the future to warn us about that. *Due to your
    > thoughtful warning all Flamelords will be equipped with asbestos suits so
    > that none will be lost. *However, ordinary users will be fried to a *crisp.

    Yes but now I've warned you about it I've changed events and so now
    the result of the flamewar could be completely different, or it may
    even have been averted. I'll have to nip back to the future to find
    out, but unfortunately I've run out of credits to put in the time
    meter.

  10. Re: Chris Young

    OwenBot wrote:

    >>> That'll be the one where all the Flamelords are wiped out.

    >> Thank you for coming back from the future to warn us about that. Due to your
    >> thoughtful warning all Flamelords will be equipped with asbestos suits so
    >> that none will be lost. However, ordinary users will be fried to a crisp.

    > Yes but now I've warned you about it I've changed events and so now
    > the result of the flamewar could be completely different, or it may
    > even have been averted. I'll have to nip back to the future to find
    > out, but unfortunately I've run out of credits to put in the time
    > meter.

    I am sure in 2010 you can get plutonium in any corner drugstore, but in
    2008, it's a little hard to come by!

    erm,
    anyway, I've seen the future, and it's good, the great flamelord
    asbestosis epidemic of 2030 for example

  11. Re: Chris Young

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > You're not too old to come into #speccy are you? c'mon K! It's been
    > 18 months! (since sirclive last saw you)

    Everyone should be in #speccy. Real-time flaming is far more gratifying
    than waiting, cross-eyed impatient, for replies to spit down the NNTP
    line...

  12. Re: Chris Young

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:30:38 -0700 (PDT) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC OwenBot:

    > Yes but now I've warned you about it I've changed events and so now
    > the result of the flamewar could be completely different, or it may
    > even have been averted. I'll have to nip back to the future to find
    > out, but unfortunately I've run out of credits to put in the time
    > meter.

    How could you forget to convert it to run on Rolos whilst you were in
    the future?

    Or... no.. don't tell me... there are no Rolos in the future?
    NOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  13. Re: Chris Young

    Chris Young wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:30:38 -0700 (PDT) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC OwenBot:
    >
    >> Yes but now I've warned you about it I've changed events and so now
    >> the result of the flamewar could be completely different, or it may
    >> even have been averted. I'll have to nip back to the future to find
    >> out, but unfortunately I've run out of credits to put in the time
    >> meter.

    > How could you forget to convert it to run on Rolos whilst you were in
    > the future?
    >
    > Or... no.. don't tell me... there are no Rolos in the future?
    > NOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > Chris

    Ironically, by 2015 it will be impossible to get hold of a Mr
    Fusion^H^H^H^H^H^H Coffee machine for any sensible price, since the
    second and third BTTF films came out they've become a R@RE commodity on
    ebay cause they've all been bought up by people building time machines
    from delorians

  14. Re: Chris Young

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 03:01:34 +0100, fuzzix wrote:

    >Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >> You're not too old to come into #speccy are you? c'mon K! It's been
    >> 18 months! (since sirclive last saw you)

    >Everyone should be in #speccy. Real-time flaming is far more gratifying
    >than waiting, cross-eyed impatient, for replies to spit down the NNTP
    >line...

    Yes, but some of us (IE you - Ed) like to take our time to think up