Chris Young - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Chris Young - Sinclair ; Chris Young wrote: > Erm, actually, I've just clicked on the link and I revoke my previous > statement. That certainly isn't me, thankfully. If it was I'd be > hiding in my MAME cab that doesn't exist and even ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69

  1. Re: Chris Young

    Chris Young wrote:
    > Erm, actually, I've just clicked on the link and I revoke my previous
    > statement. That certainly isn't me, thankfully. If it was I'd be
    > hiding in my MAME cab that doesn't exist and even if it did it isn't
    > mine.

    Liar. Of course it's yours.

    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | |

  2. Re: Chris Young

    Hanno Foest wrote:
    > BTw, how many of the founding members (those voting in the CfV) are
    > still here? I'm one...

    Me too, though I mostly lurk.

    Fred

  3. Re: Chris Young

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:31:09 +0100, Andrew Halliwell
    wrote:

    >Chris Young wrote:
    >> Erm, actually, I've just clicked on the link and I revoke my previous
    >> statement. That certainly isn't me, thankfully. If it was I'd be
    >> hiding in my MAME cab that doesn't exist and even if it did it isn't
    >> mine.

    >Liar. Of course it's yours.

    One of these days, I'll make my own

  4. Re: Chris Young

    Andrew Halliwell schrieb:

    >> BTw, how many of the founding members (those voting in the CfV) are
    >> still here? I'm one...

    > You are?
    > Have you posted under a different nick in the past cos I've been here 12??
    > years and don't remember you.

    Well, I haven't been here for a loong time... according to google, since
    1995, but I can't really believe that. I came back after attending the
    meeting of the ZX-TEAM in Germany this year. I had almost forgotten how
    much fun the Sinclair stuff is

    Currently I'm struggling for some free time to get my collection of
    antiques running again.

    > Have you sampled the delights of the dedicated CSS irc channel?

    Not yet, but I guess I'll have a look. Thanks!

    Hanno

  5. Re: Chris Young

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:13:51 +0200 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC LCD:

    > I knew it :lol: I still have the AI-Parrot that was created before Max
    > Headroom. This program makes me crazy. ;-)

    I have no idea what you're talking about (this isn't a cover, I really
    do have no idea what you're talking about)

    > You have changed your face, but it is you... Hey, guys, we found him!!!
    > His secret hideout is here! Did I deserve the prize

    No, because you forgot to put "and I claim my five pounds". Ha! 75p
    and a packet of Rolos to me, I think.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  6. Re: Chris Young

    Chris Young schrieb:
    > On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:13:51 +0200 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC LCD:
    >
    >> I knew it :lol: I still have the AI-Parrot that was created before Max
    >> Headroom. This program makes me crazy. ;-)

    > I have no idea what you're talking about (this isn't a cover, I really
    > do have no idea what you're talking about)

    Sure?
    # It predicted "intelligent agents" in computer programs (Max Headroom
    himself, and the talking parrot programmed by the character Bryce in
    some of the early episodes), guiding the usage of software, much as has
    been implemented by Microsoft (the talking paper clip in Office 2000,
    the now-defunct "Bob" software interface, etc.) and others.
    -> http://www.spiritone.com/~brucem/trivmax.htm

    Hello. You're going to read lots of reviews of this game by people
    pretending to be Max Headroom - stuttering a lot, talking about golf
    shoes, that sort of thing. Well, I'm not. You see, my name's Bryce and I
    invented Headroom. I also invented an electronic parrot. It squawks.
    -> http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/articles/maxheadroom.htm

    >> Pointers: Normal select is Edison Carter's Network 23 camera,

    Working In Background is Bryce Lynch's talking parrot, Busy is a
    countown to broadcast.
    -> http://www.vividinfinity.com/esb/max/max.html

    Now you remember it?

    >> You have changed your face, but it is you... Hey, guys, we found him!!!
    >> His secret hideout is here! Did I deserve the prize

    > No, because you forgot to put "and I claim my five pounds". Ha! 75p
    > and a packet of Rolos to me, I think.

    Oh my god, I forgot... I really forgot...
    > Chris

    LCD

  7. Re: Chris Young

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > Hanno Foest wrote:
    >> BTw, how many of the founding members (those voting in the CfV) are
    >> still here? I'm one...

    > You are?
    > Have you posted under a different nick in the past cos I've been here 12??
    > years and don't remember you.

    Holy faeces, I've just realised I've been here 10 years now. Doesn't
    time fly when you're wasting it talking about crisps?

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  8. Re: Chris Young

    Duncan Snowden wrote:
    > Holy faeces, I've just realised I've been here 10 years now. Doesn't
    > time fly when you're wasting it talking about crisps?

    Not even 7 years, meself...

  9. Re: Chris Young

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:50:53 GMT, Hanno Foest
    wrote:

    >BTw, how many of the founding members (those voting in the CfV) are
    >still here? I'm one...

    Well, David Scumner of infamous memory (1999-2000ish IIRC), who
    claimed[1] to be a founder member, hasn't been back since then. Thank
    goodness.

    [1] A claim which was clearly "appeal to prestige", and which at least
    two of us suspected at the time was "appeal to bogus prestige" since
    it couldn't be checked then -- but it can now, and of course he *was*
    lying....

  10. Re: Chris Young

    I'll have been here 10 years from next year.

  11. Re: Chris Young

    OwenBot wrote:
    > I'll have been here 10 years from next year.

    Can't believe I've been here longer than you and mr snowden...
    It's mindboggling.

    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  12. Re: Chris Young

    "OwenBot" wrote:

    > I'll have been here 10 years from next year.

    Ten years as of mid-September. I got Google to hide loads of my old posts,
    though

    Eq.

  13. Re: Chris Young

    Paul E Collins wrote:
    > "OwenBot" wrote:
    >
    >> I'll have been here 10 years from next year.

    > Ten years as of mid-September. I got Google to hide loads of my old posts,
    > though

    Silly person.
    X-No-Archive is a waste of nostalgia!

    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  14. Re: Chris Young

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 02:25:10 -0700, OwenBot wrote:

    > I'll have been here 10 years from next year.

    I think I posted a few messages in '95-'96, then took something like a 12
    year sabbatical

    (although I'm just sort of lurking at present - it'll be a while before I
    can get my Sinclair stuff thrown over to this side of the Pond)

    cheers

    Jules

  15. Re: Chris Young

    "Andrew Halliwell" wrote:

    > > I got Google to hide loads of my old posts, though

    > Silly person.
    > X-No-Archive is a waste of nostalgia!

    By the time I die, Google and its spy cameras will probably know about every
    death within four seconds and quickly restore anything the deceased had
    blocked.

    So perhaps future Internet historians can enjoy my newbie flounderings.

    Eq.

  16. Re: Chris Young

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:52:16 +0100, Andrew Halliwell
    wrote:

    >OwenBot wrote:
    >> I'll have been here 10 years from next year.

    >Can't believe I've been here longer than you and mr snowden...
    >It's mindboggling.

    How long have ~I been here?

  17. Re: Chris Young

    "Chris Young" wrote ...
    > On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:13:51 +0200 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    > rappin'
    > to MC LCD:
    >
    >> You have changed your face, but it is you... Hey, guys, we found him!!!
    >> His secret hideout is here! Did I deserve the prize

    > No, because you forgot to put "and I claim my five pounds". Ha! 75p
    > and a packet of Rolos to me, I think.

    Will you settle for 5p and a tin of Altoids?
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    Why is the third hand on a watch
    called the second hand?

  18. Re: Chris Young

    "Chris Young" wrote ...

    > On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:46:09 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    > rappin' to MC Robert Baker:
    >
    >> Also, what on earth happened in February 2001 to make the
    >> group hit its peak of 5460 posts (we don't see that many in a year
    >> nowadays); was there an explosion in a crisp factory or summat?

    > Could that be the near-legendary "The C64 is crap"? Although IIRC
    > that was a couple of years before then.

    I don't really remember for sure. But, February 2001 could have been about
    right for at least one of the css vs. csc flamewars. Seems I may remember
    participating on the C64 side. :-)

    I am still on the C64 side. Just here to spy on the Sinclair bunch while
    getting ready for the Great Flamewar of 2010. ;-)
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    UFO's are real.
    It's the Air Force that doesn't exist!

  19. Re: Chris Young

    Lister wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:52:16 +0100, Andrew Halliwell
    > wrote:
    >
    >>OwenBot wrote:
    >>> I'll have been here 10 years from next year.

    >>Can't believe I've been here longer than you and mr snowden...
    >>It's mindboggling.
    >>

    > How long have ~I been here?

    Ask google.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  20. Re: Chris Young

    On Jun 26, 10:52*am, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > OwenBot wrote:
    > > I'll have been here 10 years from next year.

    > Can't believe I've been here longer than you and mr snowden...
    > It's mindboggling.

    I only got into emulation in 1996 when I got a copy of MacSpectacle on
    a MacFormat cover CD. We didn't have the internet at my university, so
    aside from a few sessions on a VAX running VMS at LIU in 1994 I didn't
    even get on the net until December 1998.