Wii Homebrew - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Wii Homebrew - Sinclair ; Is this the first css/ugvn crosspost? I hope so Look what I've been doing this evening: http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2008/...n-wii-homebrew deKay -- Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

  1. Wii Homebrew

    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

  2. Re: Wii Homebrew

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:30:49 +0100, deKay
    wrote:

    >Is this the first css/ugvn crosspost? I hope so
    >
    >Look what I've been doing this evening:
    >
    >http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2008/...n-wii-homebrew
    >
    >deKay

    why is your site whoring Orange btw?

    that floating balloon in the corner is a bit annoying
    --

    http://bykerblog.wordpress.com/ - My thrilling new blog
    XBL Tag: Chrisflynnuk

  3. Re: Wii Homebrew

    Chris F wrote:
    > why is your site whoring Orange btw?

    Cold Hard Cash

    > that floating balloon in the corner is a bit annoying

    Yeah, wait until later this month

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

  4. Re: Wii Homebrew

    "deKay" napísal v správe
    newsoagi5-ui5.ln1@dekay.sytes.net...
    > Is this the first css/ugvn crosspost? I hope so
    >
    > Look what I've been doing this evening:
    >
    > http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2008/...n-wii-homebrew

    That hanging squirrel looks really cool on my CRT monitor.

  5. Re: Wii Homebrew

    On 2008-06-15, deKay wrote:

    > Chris F wrote:
    >> why is your site whoring Orange btw?

    > Cold Hard Cash

    Adblock kills it with a bit of furtling! Bloody silly little popup
    window. Adverts are one thing, but when they're deliberately made to
    be irritating then that's another!

    Homebrew channel looks useful though, I can't get it to work right
    now, the twilight hack can't load the boot.elf image as it gets a
    readfile error, I suspect it's a formatting issue with the ancient SD
    card and it not working very well with linux, I'll try a different
    card or writing it with windows tomorrow.

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  6. Re: Wii Homebrew

    Chris F wrote:
    > why is your site whoring Orange btw?
    >
    > that floating balloon in the corner is a bit annoying

    Forget the balloon, what's with the pic of Kenny Everett?

  7. Re: Wii Homebrew

    Would you like a chocolate covered pretzel, Ian Rawlings?

    > Homebrew channel looks useful though, I can't get it to work right
    > now, the twilight hack can't load the boot.elf image as it gets a
    > readfile error, I suspect it's a formatting issue with the ancient SD
    > card and it not working very well with linux, I'll try a different
    > card or writing it with windows tomorrow.

    Is the card FAT formatted? Apart from that, there are apparently issues with
    certain cards. I've read the supposedly over-priced official SD card works
    perfectly. I'm using an old cheapo Viking card myself with no problems.

    --
    :: XBL: Ste J | PS3 & Steam: Stejay | Wii: 1449 0481 5953 9013
    :: Join the ugv* LastFM group: http://tinyurl.com/ewdkb

  8. Re: Wii Homebrew

    On 2008-06-16, Steve Jackson wrote:

    > Is the card FAT formatted? Apart from that, there are apparently issues with
    > certain cards. I've read the supposedly over-priced official SD card works
    > perfectly. I'm using an old cheapo Viking card myself with no problems.

    It was just the ancient card and a possible formatting issue that was
    the problem, I used a different card shortly after posting and it was
    fine.

    I managed to get the wii homebrew channel going with a copy of FUSE in
    it with a few games, I do have issues with my USB keyboard basically
    not really being compatible with the wii so couldn't play with it
    much. Plus of course after all that I realised that the screen the
    Wii is attached to is also connected to a linux desktop, on which I
    also have FUSE so I can't remember why I bothered in the end!

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  9. Re: Wii Homebrew

    Steve Jackson wrote:
    > Would you like a chocolate covered pretzel, Ian Rawlings?
    >
    >> Homebrew channel looks useful though, I can't get it to work right
    >> now, the twilight hack can't load the boot.elf image as it gets a
    >> readfile error, I suspect it's a formatting issue with the ancient SD
    >> card and it not working very well with linux, I'll try a different
    >> card or writing it with windows tomorrow.

    > Is the card FAT formatted? Apart from that, there are apparently issues with
    > certain cards. I've read the supposedly over-priced official SD card works
    > perfectly. I'm using an old cheapo Viking card myself with no problems.

    Needs to be FAT16 specifically, it seems.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

  10. Re: Wii Homebrew

    Ian Rawlings wrote:

    > Adblock kills it with a bit of furtling! Bloody silly little popup
    > window. Adverts are one thing, but when they're deliberately made to
    > be irritating then that's another!

    Ah, but it isn't just an advert. Well, it is, obviously, but it's also a
    game. But the game isn't live yet. You'll see in a week or so.

    > Homebrew channel looks useful though, I can't get it to work right
    > now, the twilight hack can't load the boot.elf image as it gets a
    > readfile error, I suspect it's a formatting issue with the ancient SD
    > card and it not working very well with linux, I'll try a different
    > card or writing it with windows tomorrow.

    My card was already FAT16 formatted, but I wrote the files to it with
    Mac OS X and it all worked fine. Is the directory structure correct?

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

  11. Re: Wii Homebrew

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sun, 15 Jun
    2008 21:31:26 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk Chris F fornis do
    marikano es bono tan el:

    >that floating balloon in the corner is a bit annoying

    I've shifted it over to the right-hand corner. Is that less annoying?

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

  12. Re: Wii Homebrew

    "deKay" napísal v správe
    > Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sun, 15
    > Jun
    > 2008 21:31:26 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    > comp.sys.sinclair,
    > yawatina tan reek esk Chris F fornis do
    > marikano es bono tan el:
    >
    >>that floating balloon in the corner is a bit annoying

    > I've shifted it over to the right-hand corner. Is that less annoying?
    >
    > deKay

    By clicking to your link
    http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2008/...n-wii-homebrew
    in OE and opening the site in IE6.0 the balloon doesn't appear at first
    time, just after refreshing the site.

  13. Re: Wii Homebrew

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:30:49 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC deKay:

    > Is this the first css/ugvn crosspost? I hope so
    >
    > Look what I've been doing this evening:
    >
    > http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2008/...n-wii-homebrew

    Hmm.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=153265

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  14. Re: Wii Homebrew

    wrote:

    >Is this the first css/ugvn crosspost? I hope so
    >
    >Look what I've been doing this evening:
    >
    >http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2008/...n-wii-homebrew
    >
    >deKay

    well i took the plunge, and have added the homebrew channel.

    downloaded the version of scummvm that supposedly supports the Wiimote

    and it didn't.

    so will have to have a fiddle with that later.

    what's this region free thing included with the homebrew channel
    download?

    i know it says it allows you to run other region games, but wasn't
    specifically clear if it was GC or Wii stuff or whatever.

    i'm guessing that the majority of the homebrew stuff at the mo is
    stuff that was available for the GC homebrew scene, judging by
    filenames, etc.

    so is the actual Wii-specific homebrew scene very large? or is it just
    easier for them to use existing GC builds due to the backwards
    compatibility?
    --

    http://bykerblog.wordpress.com/ - My thrilling new blog
    XBL Tag: Chrisflynnuk

  15. Re: Wii Homebrew

    "Chris F" wrote in message
    > well i took the plunge, and have added the homebrew channel.
    >
    > downloaded the version of scummvm that supposedly supports the Wiimote
    >
    > and it didn't.

    Where did you download it from? I just used the application pack from the
    HBC website. Works with the remote fine and comes with the other apps too.

    > so will have to have a fiddle with that later.
    >
    > what's this region free thing included with the homebrew channel
    > download?
    >
    > i know it says it allows you to run other region games, but wasn't
    > specifically clear if it was GC or Wii stuff or whatever.

    IIRC it's for both Wii and GC games

    Shak

  16. Re: Wii Homebrew

    Shak wrote:
    > "Chris F" wrote in message
    >> what's this region free thing included with the homebrew channel
    >> download?
    >>
    >> i know it says it allows you to run other region games, but wasn't
    >> specifically clear if it was GC or Wii stuff or whatever.

    > IIRC it's for both Wii and GC games

    If it means I can play my Japanese GC Mr. Driller I'll be installing
    homebrew asap.
    Anyone?

    -Kevin.

  17. Re: Wii Homebrew

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 17 Jun
    2008 17:07:58 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    uk.games.video.nintendo, yawatina tan reek esk Chris F
    fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >downloaded the version of scummvm that supposedly supports the Wiimote
    >
    >and it didn't.
    >
    >so will have to have a fiddle with that later.
    >
    >what's this region free thing included with the homebrew channel
    >download?

    Erm, there isn't one. You downloaded the wrong files, it seems.

    This SCUMMVM works:
    http://static.hackmii.com/scummvm-20080605233742.tgz

    >i know it says it allows you to run other region games, but wasn't
    >specifically clear if it was GC or Wii stuff or whatever.

    Neither. You need a Gecko thing or a chip.

    >i'm guessing that the majority of the homebrew stuff at the mo is
    >stuff that was available for the GC homebrew scene, judging by
    >filenames, etc.

    There's your problem. You downloaded the GC version of SCUMMVM

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

  18. Re: Wii Homebrew

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 17 Jun
    uk.games.video.nintendo, yawatina tan reek esk Gunther Gloop
    fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
    >If it means I can play my Japanese GC Mr. Driller I'll be installing
    >homebrew asap.
    >Anyone?

    Nope. It won't work.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

  19. Re: Wii Homebrew

    deKay wrote:
    > Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 17 Jun
    > 2008 18:48:59 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    > uk.games.video.nintendo, yawatina tan reek esk Gunther Gloop
    > fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
    >> If it means I can play my Japanese GC Mr. Driller I'll be installing
    >> homebrew asap.
    >> Anyone?

    > Nope. It won't work.

    Bah.
    Thanks for that though.

  20. Re: Wii Homebrew

    On 2008-06-18, deKay wrote:
    > Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 17 Jun
    > 2008 17:07:58 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    > uk.games.video.nintendo, yawatina tan reek esk Chris F
    > fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
    >>downloaded the version of scummvm that supposedly supports the Wiimote
    >>and it didn't.
    >>so will have to have a fiddle with that later.
    >>what's this region free thing included with the homebrew channel
    >>download?

    > Erm, there isn't one. You downloaded the wrong files, it seems.

    http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/

    Apps package includes 'Gecko Region Free'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast