Wii Homebrew - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Wii Homebrew - Sinclair ; On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:42:17 +0100, deKay wrote: >Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 17 Jun >2008 17:07:58 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do >uk.games.video.nintendo, yawatina tan reek esk Chris F ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. Re: Wii Homebrew

    wrote:

    >Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 17 Jun
    >2008 17:07:58 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    >uk.games.video.nintendo, yawatina tan reek esk Chris F
    > fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
    >
    >>downloaded the version of scummvm that supposedly supports the Wiimote
    >>
    >>and it didn't.
    >>
    >>so will have to have a fiddle with that later.
    >>
    >>what's this region free thing included with the homebrew channel
    >>download?

    >Erm, there isn't one. You downloaded the wrong files, it seems.

    no, i downloaded the files on the download page for the homebrew
    channel itself.

    >This SCUMMVM works:
    >http://static.hackmii.com/scummvm-20080605233742.tgz

    i shall try that, ive got the version that came in the HBC and the
    version linked to on that savvygamer link so will have a play with
    them later.

    >>i know it says it allows you to run other region games, but wasn't
    >>specifically clear if it was GC or Wii stuff or whatever.

    >Neither. You need a Gecko thing or a chip.

    apparently not. it's called Gecko Region Free and a bit of
    investigation implies it only works for Wii games, not GC ones, which
    is a bit of a pain as I've got about 6 imported cube titles.

    >>i'm guessing that the majority of the homebrew stuff at the mo is
    >>stuff that was available for the GC homebrew scene, judging by
    >>filenames, etc.

    >There's your problem. You downloaded the GC version of SCUMMVM

    except the download stated specifically it was for the Wii and
    included Wiimote support.
    --

    http://bykerblog.wordpress.com/ - My thrilling new blog
    XBL Tag: Chrisflynnuk

  2. Re: Wii Homebrew

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:42:46 +0100, deKay
    wrote:

    >Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 17 Jun
    >2008 18:48:59 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    >uk.games.video.nintendo, yawatina tan reek esk Gunther Gloop
    > fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
    >>If it means I can play my Japanese GC Mr. Driller I'll be installing
    >>homebrew asap.
    >>Anyone?

    >Nope. It won't work.
    >
    >deKay

    yeah, annoyingly the app is for Wii games only, according to the wiki
    page on it.
    --

    http://bykerblog.wordpress.com/ - My thrilling new blog
    XBL Tag: Chrisflynnuk

  3. Re: Wii Homebrew

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Wed, 18 Jun
    2008 12:22:49 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    uk.games.video.nintendo, yawatina tan reek esk Paul Murray
    fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >> Erm, there isn't one. You downloaded the wrong files, it seems.

    >http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/
    >
    >Apps package includes 'Gecko Region Free'

    Ah, I didn't download an apps pack, as some of the apps only work with a chip
    or Gecko device.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary

  4. Re: Wii Homebrew

    Chris F wrote:

    > apparently not. it's called Gecko Region Free and a bit of
    > investigation implies it only works for Wii games, not GC ones, which
    > is a bit of a pain as I've got about 6 imported cube titles.

    But the Gecko thing is part hardware (either USB or SD), and requires a
    modchip it seems.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

  5. Re: Wii Homebrew

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:39:31 +0100, deKay
    wrote:

    >Chris F wrote:
    >
    >> apparently not. it's called Gecko Region Free and a bit of
    >> investigation implies it only works for Wii games, not GC ones, which
    >> is a bit of a pain as I've got about 6 imported cube titles.

    >But the Gecko thing is part hardware (either USB or SD), and requires a
    >modchip it seems.

    there was no mention of that on the wiki page, which stated it was a
    software alternative to freeloader...

    as i say, i don't have any import Wii games to check.
    --

    http://bykerblog.wordpress.com/ - My thrilling new blog
    XBL Tag: Chrisflynnuk

  6. Re: Wii Homebrew

    On 2008-06-18, Chris F wrote:
    > On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:39:31 +0100, deKay
    > wrote:
    >>Chris F wrote:
    >>> apparently not. it's called Gecko Region Free and a bit of
    >>> investigation implies it only works for Wii games, not GC ones, which
    >>> is a bit of a pain as I've got about 6 imported cube titles.

    >>But the Gecko thing is part hardware (either USB or SD), and requires a
    >>modchip it seems.

    > there was no mention of that on the wiki page, which stated it was a
    > software alternative to freeloader...
    > as i say, i don't have any import Wii games to check.

    Haven't tried it either, but the little info I have found says that
    it doesn't need a USBGecko or chip.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2