I wish these Scandinavian morons would Finnish... - Sinclair

This is a discussion on I wish these Scandinavian morons would Finnish... - Sinclair ; It appears that css is currently being targeted by morons in Finland who are trying to abuse it by posting off-topic (and incomprehensible) rubbish with th Followup-To header set to point to a group of Finnish- language newsgroups, probably with ...

  1. I wish these Scandinavian morons would Finnish...

    It appears that css is currently being targeted by morons in Finland
    who are trying to abuse it by posting off-topic (and incomprehensible)
    rubbish with th Followup-To header set to point to a group of Finnish-
    language newsgroups, probably with the intent of floodng those groups
    with outraged messages. That's why irrelevant follow-ups are usually
    done.

    Any idea how to stop this, peeps? (Apart from deleting the crap from
    the Newsgroups header of any reply and reinserting css, of course.)

  2. Re: I wish these Scandinavian morons would Finnish...

    korax1214@gmail.com wrote:
    > Any idea how to stop this, peeps? (Apart from deleting the crap from
    > the Newsgroups header of any reply and reinserting css, of course.)

    Don't feed them?

  3. Re: I wish these Scandinavian morons would Finnish...

    On Jun 13, 10:52 pm, fuzzix wrote:
    > korax1...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Any idea how to stop this, peeps? (Apart from deleting the crap from
    > > the Newsgroups header of any reply and reinserting css, of course.)

    > Don't feed them?

    Whoever it is will probably be watching the sfnet groups and expecting
    replies there; my replies have only come here because I edited the
    Newsgroups header back to what it ought to be...

  4. Re: I wish these Scandinavian morons would Finnish...

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 23:56:45 +0100, fuzzix wrote:
    >korax1214@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Whoever it is will probably be watching the sfnet groups and
    >> expecting replies there; my replies have only come here because I
    >> edited the Newsgroups header back to what it ought to be...

    >Yours are the only posts I see on the topic - my news server appears to
    >filter the originals.
    >
    >As far as I'm concerned YOU'RE the spammer...

    I filter anything that crossposts to more than two groups. Either that
    or uni filtering means I have no idea what this is all about. Which is
    probably for the best.

    Frink

    --
    Doctor J. Frink : 'Rampant Ribald Ringtail'
    See his mind here : http://www.cmp.liv.ac.uk/frink/

  5. Re: I wish these Scandinavian morons would Finnish...

    On Jun 15, 12:10 am, fr...@homer.cmp.liv.ac.uk (Doctor J. Frink)
    wrote:

    > I filter anything that crossposts to more than two groups. Either that
    > or uni filtering means I have no idea what this is all about. Which is
    > probably for the best.

    Probably your uni: the Newsgroups header of the rubbish has just one
    group (this one) but the Followups-To has been set to three sfnet.*
    groups (three different ones for each message I think, though I can't
    really be arsed to look all that closely; if there's no good reason
    for the follow-ups, I just reset them).

  6. Re: I wish these Scandinavian morons would Finnish...

    I actually went to one of the sfnet newsgroups in the follow-ups of
    the "Idea" thread, to see how many peeps had fallen for the redirect.
    Only one, when I checked.

    So it looks as if rule 3 (spammers/trolls are stupid) *is*
    applicable. Thank goodness.

+ Reply to Thread