FA: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on FA: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale! - Sinclair ; Brand new, stored for years in a cupboard, this is a mint SAM Coupé, boxed with power supply and documentation. It even includes a letter from MGT stating "you are one of our first customers"! This is the computer the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: FA: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale!

  1. FA: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale!

    Brand new, stored for years in a cupboard, this is a mint SAM Coupé,
    boxed with power supply and documentation. It even includes a letter
    from MGT stating "you are one of our first customers"! This is the
    computer the Speccy could have been

    /ducks

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=220245979532

  2. Re: FA: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale!

    On Jun 13, 1:41 pm, Gavin wrote:
    > It even includes a letter
    > from MGT stating "you are one of our first customers"!


    First == only?

    (ducks and runs...)

  3. Re: FA: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale!

    On Jun 13, 5:41 am, Gavin wrote:
    > Brand new, stored for years in a cupboard, this is a mint SAM Coupé,
    > boxed with power supply and documentation. It even includes a letter
    > from MGT stating "you are one of our first customers"! This is the
    > computer the Speccy could have been
    >
    > /ducks
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=220245979532


    Does the floppy drive work? Have you tested it with any disks?

  4. Re: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale!

    It even includes a letter
    from MGT stating "you are one of our first customers"! This is the
    computer the Speccy could have been

    I which case, there is a possibilty that it doesn't work... I was also one
    of the first and had to send it back twice. Have you tested it?

    C.



  5. Re: FA: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale!

    On Jun 13, 1:41 pm, Gavin wrote:
    > Brand new, stored for years in a cupboard


    If you had an unused banana in your cupboard since 1989 would you
    describe it as new? ;-)

  6. Re: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale!

    "Colin Wood****" wrote in message
    news:g32n3k$6ps$1@energise.enta.net...
    > It even includes a letter
    > from MGT stating "you are one of our first customers"! This is the
    > computer the Speccy could have been
    >
    > I which case, there is a possibilty that it doesn't work... I was also one
    > of the first and had to send it back twice. Have you tested it?



    I'll reply to myself here and say that if you look at the listing there is
    a screen shot of the Coupe being tested. I must admit, it is nice to see a
    Sam that hasn't yellowed over time.

    C.



  7. Re: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale!

    Colin Wood**** wrote:
    > I'll reply to myself here and say that if you look at the listing
    > there is a screen shot of the Coupe being tested. I must admit, it
    > is nice to see a Sam that hasn't yellowed over time.


    I remember when hitting my mid-teens comparing the grey of my +2's case,
    the grey of the keys, the "datacorder"'s buttons and the cassette loader...

    ....but I was smoking 60 a day by then.

  8. Re: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale!

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:58:57 +0100, fuzzix wrote:

    >Colin Wood**** wrote:
    >> I'll reply to myself here and say that if you look at the listing
    >> there is a screen shot of the Coupe being tested. I must admit, it
    >> is nice to see a Sam that hasn't yellowed over time.

    >
    >I remember when hitting my mid-teens comparing the grey of my +2's case,
    >the grey of the keys, the "datacorder"'s buttons and the cassette loader...
    >
    >...but I was smoking 60 a day by then.



    That explains then grey...

    How much do you smoke now?

  9. Re: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale!

    Lister wrote:
    > How much do you smoke now?


    I don't - I quit. Still don't like the ban in pubs.

  10. Re: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale!

    On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:05:52 +0100, fuzzix wrote:

    >Lister wrote:
    >> How much do you smoke now?

    >
    >I don't - I quit.



    Ah, good man

  11. Re: New and unused SAM Coupé for sale!

    Lister wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:05:52 +0100, fuzzix wrote:
    >> I don't - I quit.

    >
    > Ah, good man


    Well, I did smoke about 5 last night but I think the amount I drank was
    more harmful

+ Reply to Thread