Re: OT any suggestions ? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Re: OT any suggestions ? - Sinclair ; On 2008-06-04, Bohus Král wrote: > I am afraid that your skill set does not completely match the skills we are > looking for thus I cannot offer you any placement at this moment. Hello Bohus, your best bet is ...

  1. Re: OT any suggestions ?

    On 2008-06-04, Bohus Král wrote:

    > I am afraid that your skill set does not completely match the skills we are
    > looking for thus I cannot offer you any placement at this moment.

    Hello Bohus, your best bet is probably to try to call or email them
    asking for more detail, politely of course, explaining that you want
    to hone your skills and would appreciate some information on what
    skills or qualities they felt you lacked. It may after all not be
    your english (which is good enough for you to communicate here after
    all).

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  2. Re: OT any suggestions ?

    "Ian Rawlings" napísal

    > Hello Bohus, your best bet is probably to try to call or email them
    > asking for more detail, politely of course, explaining that you want
    > to hone your skills and would appreciate some information on what
    > skills or qualities they felt you lacked. It may after all not be
    > your english (which is good enough for you to communicate here after
    > all).

    Well, I understood it that I havent enough skills in English language to
    moderate an english forum at the first line (my thought).

  3. Re: OT any suggestions ?

    On 2008-06-04, Bohus Král wrote:

    > "Ian Rawlings" napísal
    >
    >> Hello Bohus, your best bet is probably to try to call or email them
    >> asking for more detail, politely of course, explaining that you want
    >> to hone your skills and would appreciate some information on what
    >> skills or qualities they felt you lacked. It may after all not be
    >> your english (which is good enough for you to communicate here after
    >> all).

    > Well, I understood it that I havent enough skills in English language to
    > moderate an english forum at the first line (my thought).

    Maybe, although you may have just received a standard rejection letter
    that didn't really reflect their reasons for not taking you on, they
    may have just picked someone else and send out standard, identical
    letters to all those who didn't get the job. If what you quoted was
    the whole letter then there was no detail specific to you. The
    reasons for rejecting someone can vary a lot, and not necessarily down
    to the specific requested skill set, it can even be that if two
    people are evenly matched, one who worked for a rival could get the
    job, or it could just be a personal thing, like someone who has
    similar interests to the person reading the applications.

    You've got nothing to lose by requesting more detail so I'd suggest
    you do so. They don't have to answer of course, but there's no harm
    in trying.

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  4. Re: OT any suggestions ?

    "Ian Rawlings" napísal

    > Maybe, although you may have just received a standard rejection letter
    > that didn't really reflect their reasons for not taking you on,.....

    Yes, it looks like standard rejection letter rather than some explanation.