    It's writing date headers that look like this:-

    Date: Sun, 01 June 2008 12:21:31 +0000

    which isn't RFC compliant. The month name should be three characters,
    e.g.:-

    Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:21:31 +0000

    My newsreader (XanaNews) is parsing these dates as 1am on the 30th
    December 1899. Admittedly this is rather stupid of it. Obviously it
    wasn't a problem during the month of May.
    --
    Slower Than You

  2. Re: Paging Matt Westcott.

    Slower Than You wrote:
    > Matt Westcott to the orange courtesy phone...
    >
    > There's a little bug in the date implementation in bbgateway on
    > news.zxdemo.org that has just started occurring now it's no longer May.
    > It's writing date headers that look like this:-
    >
    > Date: Sun, 01 June 2008 12:21:31 +0000
    >
    > which isn't RFC compliant. The month name should be three characters,
    > e.g.:-
    >
    > Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:21:31 +0000
    >
    > My newsreader (XanaNews) is parsing these dates as 1am on the 30th
    > December 1899. Admittedly this is rather stupid of it. Obviously it
    > wasn't a problem during the month of May.

    give me hamm on 5, hold the mayo

  3. Re: Paging Matt Westcott.

    Slower Than You wrote:
    > Matt Westcott to the orange courtesy phone...
    >
    > There's a little bug in the date implementation in bbgateway on
    > news.zxdemo.org that has just started occurring now it's no longer May.
    > It's writing date headers that look like this:-
    >
    > Date: Sun, 01 June 2008 12:21:31 +0000
    >
    > which isn't RFC compliant. The month name should be three characters,
    > e.g.:-
    >
    > Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:21:31 +0000
    >
    > My newsreader (XanaNews) is parsing these dates as 1am on the 30th
    > December 1899. Admittedly this is rather stupid of it. Obviously it
    > wasn't a problem during the month of May.

    give me Hamm on 5, old the mayo

  4. Re: Paging Matt Westcott.

    Slower Than You wrote:
    > Matt Westcott to the orange courtesy phone...
    >
    > There's a little bug in the date implementation in bbgateway on
    > news.zxdemo.org that has just started occurring now it's no longer May.
    > It's writing date headers that look like this:-
    >
    > Date: Sun, 01 June 2008 12:21:31 +0000
    >
    > which isn't RFC compliant. The month name should be three characters,
    > e.g.:-
    >
    > Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:21:31 +0000
    >
    > My newsreader (XanaNews) is parsing these dates as 1am on the 30th
    > December 1899. Admittedly this is rather stupid of it. Obviously it
    > wasn't a problem during the month of May.

    give me Hamm on 5, hold the Mayo.

  5. Re: Paging Matt Westcott.

    You may want to send him a text, almost nobody uses pagers these days.

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:02:45 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Slower Than You:

    > My newsreader (XanaNews) is parsing these dates as 1am on the 30th
    > December 1899.

    ^^^^
    Really?

    Anyway, this might be the same bug I reported where everything was
    showing up as 1 Jan 1990. Didn't work out the cause then, so
    hopefully this can be fixed now.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  6. Re: Paging Matt Westcott.

    "Slower Than You" wrote:

    > There's a little bug in the date implementation in bbgateway on
    > news.zxdemo.org that has just started occurring now it's no longer May.

    I wanted to ask "May a little challenge?"[1], but it's only May that *isn't*
    the challenge, isn't it? Drat. IGMC.

    Eq.

    [1] which some may remember as a loading message from Shock Megademo.

  7. Re: Paging Matt Westcott.

    Chris Young wrote:

    > You may want to send him a text, almost nobody uses pagers these days.
    >
    > On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:02:45 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    > rappin' to MC Slower Than You:
    >
    > > My newsreader (XanaNews) is parsing these dates as 1am on the 30th
    > > December 1899.

    > ^^^^
    > Really?

    Yup. Those crazy cats at Borland made 30/12/1899 the epoch for Delphi's
    "TDateTime" type. And Delphi is wot my newsreader appears to be writ in.

    > Anyway, this might be the same bug I reported where everything was
    > showing up as 1 Jan 1990. Didn't work out the cause then, so
    > hopefully this can be fixed now.

    I would bet my entire collection of mucky AVIs it's the same cause.
    --
    Slower Than You

  8. Re: Paging Matt Westcott.

    Slower Than You wrote:
    > Matt Westcott to the orange courtesy phone...
    >
    > There's a little bug in the date implementation in bbgateway on
    > news.zxdemo.org that has just started occurring now it's no longer May.
    > It's writing date headers that look like this:-
    >
    > Date: Sun, 01 June 2008 12:21:31 +0000
    >
    > which isn't RFC compliant. The month name should be three characters,
    > e.g.:-
    >
    > Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:21:31 +0000

    Okie dokie... that should be fixed now (for any newly-scraped articles -
    older ones will still keep their old headers, as I suspect things will
    break less that way). Give me a shout if you notice any further
    weirdness - cheers for the report!

  9. Re: Paging Matt Westcott.

    Matthew Westcott wrote:

    > Okie dokie... that should be fixed now (for any newly-scraped
    > articles - older ones will still keep their old headers, as I
    > suspect things will break less that way). Give me a shout if you
    > notice any further weirdness - cheers for the report!

    Yay! It's all looking good from here now.

    Many thanks for that.
    --
    Slower Than You

  10. Re: Paging Matt Westcott.

    Slower Than You wrote:
    > Matthew Westcott wrote:
    >
    >> Okie dokie... that should be fixed now (for any newly-scraped
    >> articles - older ones will still keep their old headers, as I
    >> suspect things will break less that way). Give me a shout if you
    >> notice any further weirdness - cheers for the report!

    > Yay! It's all looking good from here now.
    >
    > Many thanks for that.

    Pah, it was better when someone was seeing him post form 1899.
    Think of the possibilities...
    Get him to buy a few shares in things, and send them to us via buried time
    capsules.

    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |