OT: chip tunes and electronica - Sinclair

This is a discussion on OT: chip tunes and electronica - Sinclair ; Ok, ok, here's my Rolo tax. Now, some of you may remember my Agent X remix, and some of you may have heard Beep Dreams, but now I've made the GarageBand version and my remix of Human Race 4 available ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. OT: chip tunes and electronica

    Ok, ok, here's my Rolo tax.

    Now, some of you may remember my Agent X remix, and some of you may
    have heard Beep Dreams, but now I've made the GarageBand version and
    my remix of Human Race 4 available as well here:

    http://www.myspace.com/cheveronmusic

    Enjoy!

  2. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    "OwenBot" napísal v správe
    > Ok, ok, here's my Rolo tax.
    >
    > Now, some of you may remember my Agent X remix, and some of you may
    > have heard Beep Dreams, but now I've made the GarageBand version and
    > my remix of Human Race 4 available as well here:
    >
    > http://www.myspace.com/cheveronmusic
    >
    > Enjoy!

    Nice, but the menuet is instantly repeating for all the tune.

  3. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    On May 31, 2:01*pm, Bohus Král wrote:

    > Nice, but the menuet is instantly repeating for all the tune.

    I don't recall uploading a social dance of French origin for two
    people.

  4. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    "OwenBot" wrote:

    > > Nice, but the menuet is instantly repeating for all the tune.

    > I don't recall uploading a social dance of French origin for two people.

    You were drunk.

    Eq.

  5. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    > You were drunk.

    Not on that particular occasion. I've uploaded two more covers:
    M.U.L.E. and Prelude in C Major (better known here as 'Sabre Wulf').

  6. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    OwenBot wrote:

    > > You were drunk.

    > Not on that particular occasion. I've uploaded two more covers:
    > M.U.L.E. and Prelude in C Major (better known here as 'Sabre Wulf').

    These are all really good. You have a real talent for this stuff.

    AgentX is my personal favourite, but I've always liked that tune.
    --
    Slower Than You

  7. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    On Jun 3, 12:55 am, "Slower Than You" wrote:

    > These are all really good. You have a real talent for this stuff.

    Thanks. Well, there's room for one more track on MySpace so following
    all the positive noises I'm going to do a brand new conversion of one
    of my other favourite chip tunes.

  8. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    > Thanks. Well, there's room for one more track on MySpace so following
    > all the positive noises I'm going to do a brand new conversion of one
    > of my other favourite chip tunes.

    Finished. Will upload it this evening.

  9. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    OwenBot wrote:

    > > Thanks. Well, there's room for one more track on MySpace so
    > > following all the positive noises I'm going to do a brand new
    > > conversion of one of my other favourite chip tunes.

    > Finished. Will upload it this evening.

    Is it a cover of 4'33"?
    --
    Slower Than You

  10. Re: OT: chip tunes and electronica

    OwenBot wrote in news:cc3c2851-09af-4382-a45b-
    e12ed060068a@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

    > Ok, ok, here's my Rolo tax.
    >
    > Now, some of you may remember my Agent X remix, and some of you may
    > have heard Beep Dreams, but now I've made the GarageBand version and
    > my remix of Human Race 4 available as well here:
    >
    > http://www.myspace.com/cheveronmusic
    >
    > Enjoy!

    Thanks for the link - listening to Beep Dreams now - really nicely done.
    (I've also added you, in case you're wondering who 'Lee Spoons' is)

    How do you make these 1-bit chiptunes - on an actual Speccy, or using some
    kind of tracker?

  11. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    On Jun 12, 6:37 pm, "Slower Than You" wrote:
    > OwenBot wrote:
    > > > Thanks. Well, there's room for one more track on MySpace so
    > > > following all the positive noises I'm going to do a brand new
    > > > conversion of one of my other favourite chip tunes.

    > > Finished. Will upload it this evening.

    > Is it a cover of 4'33"?

    It's a cover of Stormbringer, but I'm still not quite happy with it. I
    don't have access to a MIDI keyboard with pitchbend at the moment so
    the sound isn't quite right. I just grabbed a copy of the Computer
    Music GarageBand special which has a heap of free Apple loops on it so
    I may make use of some of those instead. I'm thinking about adding a
    vocal track to it now that I have some vocal loops to play with.

  12. Re: OT: chip tunes and electronica

    On Jun 15, 11:58 am, Lee Prince
    wrote:
    > OwenBot wrote in news:cc3c2851-09af-4382-a45b-
    > e12ed0600...@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Ok, ok, here's my Rolo tax.

    > > Now, some of you may remember my Agent X remix, and some of you may
    > > have heard Beep Dreams, but now I've made the GarageBand version and
    > > my remix of Human Race 4 available as well here:

    > >http://www.myspace.com/cheveronmusic

    > > Enjoy!

    > Thanks for the link - listening to Beep Dreams now - really nicely done.
    > (I've also added you, in case you're wondering who 'Lee Spoons' is)
    >
    > How do you make these 1-bit chiptunes - on an actual Speccy, or using some
    > kind of tracker?

    For the genuine 1-bit stuff I do a dry run in Garage Band on the Mac
    to sequence the whole tune. Then I break it down into loops. Then I
    create each of those loops in Wham! The Music Box on the Speccy. Then
    I link the loops together with some quick and dirty code. So it's
    effectively a Music Box/tracker hybrid.

  13. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    OwenBot wrote:

    > > > Finished. Will upload it this evening.

    > > Is it a cover of 4'33"?

    > It's a cover of Stormbringer, but I'm still not quite happy with it. I
    > don't have access to a MIDI keyboard with pitchbend at the moment so
    > the sound isn't quite right. I just grabbed a copy of the Computer
    > Music GarageBand special which has a heap of free Apple loops on it so
    > I may make use of some of those instead. I'm thinking about adding a
    > vocal track to it now that I have some vocal loops to play with.

    Ahh.. coolio (although I only understood about 1/3 of that). Just
    wondered what had happened to it. I'm sure it will be worth the wait!
    --
    Slower Than You

  14. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    On Jun 16, 1:50*pm, "Slower Than You" wrote:
    > OwenBot wrote:

    > > > Is it a cover of 4'33"?

    > > It's a cover of Stormbringer, but I'm still not quite happy with it. I
    > > don't have access to a MIDI keyboard with pitchbend at the moment so
    > > the sound isn't quite right. I just grabbed a copy of the Computer
    > > Music GarageBand special which has a heap of free Apple loops on it so
    > > I may make use of some of those instead. I'm thinking about adding a
    > > vocal track to it now that I have some vocal loops to play with.

    > Ahh.. coolio (although I only understood about 1/3 of that). Just
    > wondered what had happened to it. I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

    The wait is over. The Stormbringer Night Magic Remix is now available
    from:

    http://www.myspace.com/cheveronmusic

  15. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    > The wait is over. The Stormbringer Night Magic Remix is now available
    > from:

    > http://www.myspace.com/cheveronmusic

    What kind of sequencer do you use, Fruity Loops ?

  16. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:38:54 +0200, Bohus Král wrote:

    >> The wait is over. The Stormbringer Night Magic Remix is now available
    >> from:

    >> http://www.myspace.com/cheveronmusic

    >What kind of sequencer do you use, Fruity Loops ?

    Coco pops

  17. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    On Jun 20, 12:38*pm, Bohus Král wrote:
    > > The wait is over. The Stormbringer Night Magic Remix is now available
    > > from:
    > >http://www.myspace.com/cheveronmusic

    > What kind of sequencer do you use, Fruity Loops ?

    As previously mentioned, GarageBand from Apple (so slightly fruity).
    It's a cut down version of Logic Express.

  18. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    "OwenBot" napísal v správe
    On Jun 20, 12:38 pm, Bohus Král wrote:
    > > The wait is over. The Stormbringer Night Magic Remix is now available
    > > from:
    > >http://www.myspace.com/cheveronmusic

    > What kind of sequencer do you use, Fruity Loops ?

    > As previously mentioned, GarageBand from Apple (so slightly fruity).
    > It's a cut down version of Logic Express.

    Aha, you have Mac, I thought you are composing on PC :
    http://www.flstudio.com/

  19. Re: chip tunes and electronica

    On Jun 20, 6:36*pm, Bohus Král wrote:
    > "OwenBot" napísal v správenews:ea866f75-9ff0-4596-a9d7-213b53c33d9f@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
    > On Jun 20, 12:38 pm, Bohus Král wrote:
    >
    > > > The wait is over. The Stormbringer Night Magic Remix is now available
    > > > from:
    > > >http://www.myspace.com/cheveronmusic

    > > What kind of sequencer do you use, Fruity Loops ?
    > > As previously mentioned, GarageBand from Apple (so slightly fruity).
    > > It's a cut down version of Logic Express.

    > Aha, you have Mac, I thought you are composing on PC :http://www.flstudio..com/

    I took a look at FL Studio out of interest but it looks way more
    complicated than GarageBand. I've never actually owned a PC. I went
    from Spectrums to Atari STs to Macs. Seems appropriate since Logic
    started out as Notator on the ST.

  20. Re: OT: chip tunes and electronica

    OwenBot wrote in

    >> How do you make these 1-bit chiptunes - on an actual Speccy, or using
    >> some kind of tracker?

    > For the genuine 1-bit stuff I do a dry run in Garage Band on the Mac
    > to sequence the whole tune. Then I break it down into loops. Then I
    > create each of those loops in Wham! The Music Box on the Speccy. Then
    > I link the loops together with some quick and dirty code. So it's
    > effectively a Music Box/tracker hybrid.

    Wow - that's dedication for you! Must admit I'm pleasantly surprised you're
    using W!TMB on a Speccy, but I suppose anything else would seem like
    cheating

    I used to have a plug-in for Jeskola Buzz which recreated Speccy beeps, but
    it wasn't *quite* the same as the real thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast