Sinclair BASIC emulator - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Sinclair BASIC emulator - Sinclair ; For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or 10 hours ago. Enjoy! -- Best regards, Sam Gillett Change is inevitable, except ...

  1. Sinclair BASIC emulator

    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    Change is inevitable,
    except from vending machines!

  2. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    On May 26, 8:12 pm, "Sam Gillett"
    wrote:
    > For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
    > emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or 10
    > hours ago.
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > --
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Sam Gillett
    >
    > Change is inevitable,
    > except from vending machines!

    Is it the same one made a few years ago, or a new one?
    I think a C64 to Sinclair Basic would be useful, even if not perfect.

    Thanks.

  3. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    "zxbruno" wrote ...

    > On May 26, 8:12 pm, "Sam Gillett"
    > wrote:
    >> For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
    >> emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or
    >> 10
    >> hours ago.
    >>
    >> Enjoy!

    > Is it the same one made a few years ago, or a new one?
    > I think a C64 to Sinclair Basic would be useful, even if not perfect.
    >
    > Thanks.

    It was a repost of a program originally posted in December of 1998.
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    Change is inevitable,
    except from vending machines!

  4. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    What I need is one that runs on the PC and makes screenreaderreadable
    listings and displays, ie, not like most emulators which display the text in
    a graphical system with no readable text.

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "Sam Gillett" wrote in message
    > For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
    > emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or
    > 10 hours ago.
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > --
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Sam Gillett
    >
    > Change is inevitable,
    > except from vending machines!

  5. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    Hi,

    >>For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
    >>emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or

    10
    >>hours ago.

    I don't understand the "Sinclair BASIC" experssion!
    The C64 is a computer ... with the CBM Basic...
    But, Sinclair BASIC is a tradmarck... Zx80 Basic? ... Zx81 Basic? Spectrum
    Basic? or QL Basic?

    > What I need is one that runs on the PC and makes screenreaderreadable
    > listings and displays, ie, not like most emulators which display the text

    in
    > a graphical system with no readable text.

    You can use a Fnt or a True-Type font on a PC !

  6. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    GzavSnap wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    >>> For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
    >>> emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or

    > 10
    >>> hours ago.

    > I don't understand the "Sinclair BASIC" experssion!
    > The C64 is a computer ... with the CBM Basic...
    > But, Sinclair BASIC is a tradmarck... Zx80 Basic? ... Zx81 Basic? Spectrum
    > Basic? or QL Basic?
    >
    >> What I need is one that runs on the PC and makes screenreaderreadable
    >> listings and displays, ie, not like most emulators which display the text

    > in
    >> a graphical system with no readable text.

    > You can use a Fnt or a True-Type font on a PC !

    Well done - you missed the point.

  7. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    No No, you cannot simply change a font. The emulators display the screen as
    a picture. There is no way to pick up the text and speak it.

    "GzavSnap" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    >>>For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
    >>>emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or

    > 10
    >>>hours ago.

    > I don't understand the "Sinclair BASIC" experssion!
    > The C64 is a computer ... with the CBM Basic...
    > But, Sinclair BASIC is a tradmarck... Zx80 Basic? ... Zx81 Basic?
    > Spectrum
    > Basic? or QL Basic?
    >
    >> What I need is one that runs on the PC and makes screenreaderreadable
    >> listings and displays, ie, not like most emulators which display the text

    > in
    >> a graphical system with no readable text.

    > You can use a Fnt or a True-Type font on a PC !

  8. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    > No No, you cannot simply change a font. The emulators display the screen
    as
    > a picture. There is no way to pick up the text and speak it.

    Ok ...
    I had to read this tread again!

    Sam Gillett:
    "For anyone who uses both a C64 and a Sinclair machine, a Sinclair BASIC
    emulator that runs on the C64 was posted to comp.binaries.cbm about 9 or 10
    hours ago."
    Ok, someone had post a C64 program how able to run a Sinclair Basic Program!

    You had to use a C64 emulator to run it and launch you *Sinclair Basic*.

    Brian:
    "What I need is one that runs on the PC and makes screenreaderreadable
    listings and displays"
    " ie, not like most emulators which display he text in a graphical system
    with no readable text."
    Most of emulator had to use a grafic bit generator to display the listing.
    A bitmap picture is generated in a Direct Draw/X picture box.
    But, you want to be able to cut/move and copy all characters as an Ascii
    text box? (using a PC font)
    In this case, this program will be an interpreter ... not an emulator!
    You don't need to emule the computer, the rom bios or all memory calls.
    Just type-in a text file and run it!

    If you had to retrive a listing, you had to get the Basic memory segment (or
    a saved file) and you had to detokenize it to a text file.
    ZxToken is able to convert a Zx80, Zx81 and Spectum file to a text listing.
    If you had to run it under an emulator, you had to rebuild the Basic memory
    segment. (ZxToken or ZmakeBas)
    Vb81 XuR is able to pick to screen in Ascii format, but, you can't throw an
    Ascii string in emulated Basic editor.
    This Ascii string had to be enter, using keys... and it's very difficulte to
    code it!

    Have Fun.
    Xav.

    ZxToken URL : Zx80/Zx81 -
    Tokenizer/Detokenizer (zx8x/Spectrum).
    ZmakeBas URL : (w32 rebuild - orginal C#
    codes by Russell Marks)

  9. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    GzavSnap wrote:
    > A bitmap picture is generated in a Direct Draw/X picture box.
    > But, you want to be able to cut/move and copy all characters as an Ascii
    > text box? (using a PC font)

    No, he wants one that'll be readable with a screen reader. Text to speech.
    Brian is blind.

    | in |good to you so far... |

  10. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    "Andrew Halliwell" a écrit dans le message de
    > GzavSnap wrote:
    > > A bitmap picture is generated in a Direct Draw/X picture box.
    > > But, you want to be able to cut/move and copy all characters as an Ascii
    > > text box? (using a PC font)

    > No, he wants one that'll be readable with a screen reader. Text to speech.
    > Brian is blind.

    I can redirect the vb81's D_File (display memory) in a text box !
    It will be the first Zx81 emulator to display the screen in text mode...

    I don't know if i can use a speech generator in this codes.

  11. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:10:48 +0200 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC GzavSnap:

    > I can redirect the vb81's D_File (display memory) in a text box !
    > It will be the first Zx81 emulator to display the screen in text mode...

    I think z81txt (part of Russell Marks' z81) may have been first! I
    daresay your suggestion would be the first for Windows though.

    I suppose if you also utilise Mike Wynne's SP81 ROM, then you have a
    text mode Speccy emulator of sorts.

    Regards
    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  12. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    "Chris Young" a écrit dans le message de
    > On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:10:48 +0200 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were

    rappin'
    > to MC GzavSnap:
    >
    > > I can redirect the vb81's D_File (display memory) in a text box !
    > > It will be the first Zx81 emulator to display the screen in text mode...

    > I think z81txt (part of Russell Marks' z81) may have been first! I
    > daresay your suggestion would be the first for Windows though.
    >
    > I suppose if you also utilise Mike Wynne's SP81 ROM, then you have a
    > text mode Speccy emulator of sorts.
    >
    > Regards
    > Chris

    Hi all,

    "Mike Wynne's SP81 ROM"
    .... No, i plan to rewrite the emulator using fb_spch.dll or the MsTTss Dlls.
    It will able to read alls displayed text lines.
    But, all of the interface had to be rewrite to allow to use it with vocals
    informations.
    All text adventures games will be availables...
    Xav.

  13. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    "Brian Gaff" a écrit dans le message de
    news:WK7%j.10465$DZ6.713@text.news.virginmedia.com ...
    > No No, you cannot simply change a font. The emulators display the screen

    as
    > a picture. There is no way to pick up the text and speak it.
    >
    > Brian

    Hi Brian,

    Good news!
    My first test release of a text screen emulator is ready.
    Could you try it and test your speech generator?

    You can download it :
    - Exe file and french vb DLLs routime installer at
    http://zx81.vb81/download/VB81_TexT_exe.zip
    (juste unzip it to a temp directory and launch install.exe)

    - Exe file and ressources at if Dlls are allready loaded at
    http://zx81.vb81/download/VB81_TexT_res.zip
    ( unzip it in a new folder )

    If it work, let me know!

    Note:
    I had the add a speech link to Ms Text-to-speech, the programme steel mute!

    Have Fun.
    Xav.

  14. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    Sorry http link are wrong :

    http://zx81.vb81.free.fr/download/VB81_TexT_exe.zip
    (juste unzip it to a temp directory and launch install.exe)

    - Exe file and ressources at if Dlls are allready loaded at
    http://zx81.vb81.free.fr/download/VB81_TexT_res.zip
    ( unzip it in a new folder )

    or http://zx81.vb81.free.fr/download/
    If it work, let me know!

    Have Fun.
    Xav.

  15. Re: Sinclair BASIC emulator

    Chris Young wrote:
    > On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:10:48 +0200 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC GzavSnap:
    >
    >> I can redirect the vb81's D_File (display memory) in a text box !
    >> It will be the first Zx81 emulator to display the screen in text mode...

    > I think z81txt (part of Russell Marks' z81) may have been first! I
    > daresay your suggestion would be the first for Windows though.

    I did something similar with my code translator. The program translates
    the ZX80 ROM into standard "C" and then compiles that into a native
    application. Since the result is a "C" program, one can easily replace
    the ZX80 print routine with any other text output routine, for example
    stdout. One of the original ideas was to have ZX80 BASIC running in a
    regular terminal window, and it is pretty much 95% there.

    Matthias

+ Reply to Thread