ZX Projects: hardware (and sometime software) projects for the ZXSpectrum - Sinclair

This is a discussion on ZX Projects: hardware (and sometime software) projects for the ZXSpectrum - Sinclair ; http://www.zxprojects.com Hope you enjoy the visit. There are more articles on the way. Just need some time to translate them into english. -- Miguel Angel...

  1. ZX Projects: hardware (and sometime software) projects for the ZXSpectrum

    --
    Miguel Angel

  2. Re: ZX Projects: hardware (and sometime software) projects for the ZXSpectrum

    On May 25, 5:56 pm, McLeod / IdeaFix
    wrote:
    > http://www.zxprojects.com
    >
    > Hope you enjoy the visit. There are more articles on the way. Just need some
    > time to translate them into english.
    >
    > --
    > Miguel Angel

    Excellent!

  3. Re: ZX Projects: hardware (and sometime software) projects for the ZX Spectrum

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 01:18:26 UTC, zxbruno
    wrote:

    > On May 25, 5:56 pm, McLeod / IdeaFix
    > wrote:
    > > http://www.zxprojects.com
    > >
    > > Hope you enjoy the visit. There are more articles on the way. Just need some
    > > time to translate them into english.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Miguel Angel

    > Excellent!

    I too like it, really well written and good projects.

    An OT, FWR the external keyboard adapter: I recently saw a little
    circuit which requires two 74LS02 and one 74LS05 to connect a
    self-made keyboard to the Beloved, and I'd like to build it. Does
    anybody know if the TTL LS chips are still on sale? I have so little
    spare time I don't like to waste it in searching something too
    obsolete...

    Mentore

  4. Re: ZX Projects: hardware (and sometime software) projects for the ZX Spectrum

    Mentore Siesto wrote:

    > An OT, FWR the external keyboard adapter: I recently saw a little
    > circuit which requires two 74LS02 and one 74LS05 to connect a
    > self-made keyboard to the Beloved, and I'd like to build it. Does
    > anybody know if the TTL LS chips are still on sale? I have so little
    > spare time I don't like to waste it in searching something too
    > obsolete...
    >
    > Mentore

    For the most part, you can get away with replacing 74LSx chips by 74HCx
    types instead. 74HCx types are probably a bit easier to come by.

    I might even be able to send you the parts if the are common enough, I
    have quite a stock of TTL chips.

    cheers,
    Dave

  5. Re: ZX Projects: hardware (and sometime software) projects for the ZX Spectrum

    On 2008-05-28, Mentore Siesto wrote:
    > An OT, FWR the external keyboard adapter: I recently saw a little
    > circuit which requires two 74LS02 and one 74LS05 to connect a
    > self-made keyboard to the Beloved, and I'd like to build it. Does
    > anybody know if the TTL LS chips are still on sale? I have so little
    > spare time I don't like to waste it in searching something too
    > obsolete...

    While LS (low power schottky) is obsolete, the CMOS versions are not and
    are manufactured in the millions.

    In 99.99% of cases you can make a straight substitute between 74LS and
    74HCT. The 74HCT family is TTL-compatible CMOS. 74HCT uses less power
    and has better fanout than 74LS.

    However, 74LS is still plentiful. Bowood Electronics sells them, and
    there's at least another firm I've seen selling 74LS and even straight
    74 series (the really ancient TTL).

    Bowood's are here: http://www.bowood-electronics.co.uk/ - a very
    friendly small electronics supply house, no minimum order size unlike
    the big ones.

    --
    From the sunny Isle of Man.

  6. Re: ZX Projects: hardware (and sometime software) projects for the ZXSpectrum

    On 30 Mag, 16:19, Dylan Smith wrote:
    > On 2008-05-28, Mentore Siesto wrote:
    >
    > > An OT, FWR the external keyboard adapter: I recently saw a little
    > > circuit which requires two 74LS02 and one 74LS05 to connect a
    > > self-made keyboard to the Beloved, and I'd like to build it. Does
    > > anybody know if the TTL LS chips are still on sale? I have so little
    > > spare time I don't like to waste it in searching something too
    > > obsolete...

    > While LS (low power schottky) is obsolete, the CMOS versions are not and
    > are manufactured in the millions.
    >
    > In 99.99% of cases you can make a straight substitute between 74LS and
    > 74HCT. The 74HCT family is TTL-compatible CMOS. 74HCT uses less power
    > and has better fanout than 74LS.
    >
    > However, 74LS is still plentiful. Bowood Electronics sells them, and
    > there's at least another firm I've seen selling 74LS and even straight
    > 74 series (the really ancient TTL).
    >
    > Bowood's are here:http://www.bowood-electronics.co.uk/- a very
    > friendly small electronics supply house, no minimum order size unlike
    > the big ones.

    You were really kind! I'm astonished... Being an Electronic Engineer I
    should have known better about CMOS logic ICs :-)

    Thank you.

    Mentore

+ Reply to Thread