.tzx to .wav - volume too low - Sinclair

This is a discussion on .tzx to .wav - volume too low - Sinclair ; Hello again! I've converted some .tzx/.tap files to .wav, but my 128 won't "hear" them. The volume from both, my notebook and desktop PC seems to be too low. What I've also done is grabbing the signal from speakers I'd ...

  1. .tzx to .wav - volume too low

    Hello again!

    I've converted some .tzx/.tap files to .wav, but my 128 won't "hear" them.
    The volume from both, my notebook and desktop PC seems to be too low.

    What I've also done is grabbing the signal from speakers I'd plugged between
    the notebook and the 128 to amplify the signal. Now the Spectrum will start
    the volume setting on the speakers.

    Any help (again?) (-;

    Thanks,

    Frank

  2. Re: .tzx to .wav - volume too low

    On Sun, 25 May 2008 10:23:20 UTC, "fsh"
    wrote:

    > Hello again!
    >
    > I've converted some .tzx/.tap files to .wav, but my 128 won't "hear" them.
    > The volume from both, my notebook and desktop PC seems to be too low.
    >
    > What I've also done is grabbing the signal from speakers I'd plugged between
    > the notebook and the 128 to amplify the signal. Now the Spectrum will start
    > the volume setting on the speakers.
    >
    > Any help (again?) (-;

    Somewhere on the 'net there's some sound utility which might help you
    maximising WAV volume. This is different from amplifying it
    externally, because it should not add noise to the audio sample.

    Seek for some audio editor, there's plenty of it.

    If you use some Unix dialect, I might suggest normalize. It works
    really fine.

    Mentore

  3. Re: .tzx to .wav - volume too low

    It's working now! The amplified signal coming from the speakers was too
    loud... (-;

  4. Re: .tzx to .wav - volume too low

    Mentore Siesto wrote:

    > If you use some Unix dialect, I might suggest normalize. It works
    > really fine.

    Or, if you're using tapeout from the spectemu package, just change the
    minimum and maximum values in its source code (tapeout.c) to 0 and 255
    and recompile. It's a more-than-obvious two-line change and it did
    wonders for me.

    --
    Linards

+ Reply to Thread