dansolo given up on us? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on dansolo given up on us? - Sinclair ; DanSolo has joined WoS forums and is conducting his flamewar with NickH over there. Don't you wuv us any more dan? maybe it's a sign that usenet is dying... if people are taking their flamewars elsewhere /me runs away...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

  1. dansolo given up on us?

    DanSolo has joined WoS forums and is conducting his flamewar with NickH
    over there.

    Don't you wuv us any more dan?

    maybe it's a sign that usenet is dying... if people are taking their
    flamewars elsewhere
    /me runs away

  2. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    Usernet will hopefully continue, I've yet to find a web forum that has a
    nice easy to use interface.

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "Guesser" wrote in message
    > DanSolo has joined WoS forums and is conducting his flamewar with NickH
    > over there.
    >
    > Don't you wuv us any more dan?
    >
    > maybe it's a sign that usenet is dying... if people are taking their
    > flamewars elsewhere
    > /me runs away

  3. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    On May 21, 5:52 pm, Guesser wrote:
    > DanSolo has joined WoS forums and is conducting his flamewar with NickH
    > over there.

    By Clive, he's a boring bastard.

    Some of the worst flaming I've ever seen. What happened to all the
    intelligent C64 owners that used to join in the biff did they all find
    something else shiny to interest them?

    > maybe it's a sign that usenet is dying... if people are taking their
    > flamewars elsewhere

    Nah, Wake me up when September ends.

  4. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    sparkes wrote:
    > On May 21, 5:52 pm, Guesser wrote:
    >> DanSolo has joined WoS forums and is conducting his flamewar with NickH
    >> over there.

    > By Clive, he's a boring bastard.
    >
    > Some of the worst flaming I've ever seen. What happened to all the
    > intelligent C64 owners that used to join in the biff did they all find
    > something else shiny to interest them?

    They're all probably ooing and aaahing at vista... not realising that it's
    been infested with malware and blocked access to the internet.
    OOooo, a shiny button....

    > Nah, Wake me up when September ends.

    C'mon...
    it's currently Thu Sep 5378 1993...
    It'll never end.

  5. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    On May 21, 5:52 pm, Guesser wrote:
    > DanSolo has joined WoS forums and is conducting his flamewar with NickH
    > over there.
    >
    > Don't you wuv us any more dan?
    >
    > maybe it's a sign that usenet is dying... if people are taking their
    > flamewars elsewhere
    > /me runs away

    I joined in Apr 2008, a month before this happened. Are you NickH's
    mummy or what?
    And who the hell are you to comment on anything here Mr 40 posts since
    May1? Even I have more than twice your posts here.
    (probably mostly during similar flamewars, but posts nonetheless...)

  6. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    DanSolo wrote:
    > On May 21, 5:52 pm, Guesser wrote:
    >> DanSolo has joined WoS forums and is conducting his flamewar with NickH
    >> over there.
    >>
    >> Don't you wuv us any more dan?
    >>
    >> maybe it's a sign that usenet is dying... if people are taking their
    >> flamewars elsewhere
    >> /me runs away

    > I joined in Apr 2008, a month before this happened. Are you NickH's
    > mummy or what?
    > And who the hell are you to comment on anything here Mr 40 posts since
    > May1? Even I have more than twice your posts here.
    > (probably mostly during similar flamewars, but posts nonetheless...)

    rofl, I'm certainly not NickH's mummy, I don't know why he always feeds
    the troll. in fact he's trolled here plenty in the past when he decided
    that Usenet was dead

    I can comment what I like, I have the right of free speech.

  7. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    "DanSolo" wrote in message
    > On May 21, 5:52 pm, Guesser wrote:

    > And who the hell are you to comment on anything here Mr 40 posts since

    how do you count posts ?

    curious as i'm wondering how many post i have ever posted ?

    Andy

  8. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    Guesser wrote:
    > I can comment what I like, I have the right of free speech.

    Ha ha, bollocks you do.

  9. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    Quite: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...75215846218544
    --
    Slower Than You

  10. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    On May 24, 5:31 pm, Guesser wrote:
    > DanSolo wrote:
    > > On May 21, 5:52 pm, Guesser wrote:
    > >> DanSolo has joined WoS forums and is conducting his flamewar with NickH
    > >> over there.

    > >> Don't you wuv us any more dan?

    > >> maybe it's a sign that usenet is dying... if people are taking their
    > >> flamewars elsewhere
    > >> /me runs away

    > > I joined in Apr 2008, a month before this happened. Are you NickH's
    > > mummy or what?
    > > And who the hell are you to comment on anything here Mr 40 posts since
    > > May1? Even I have more than twice your posts here.
    > > (probably mostly during similar flamewars, but posts nonetheless...)

    > rofl, I'm certainly not NickH's mummy, I don't know why he always feeds
    > the troll. in fact he's trolled here plenty in the past when he decided
    > that Usenet was dead
    >
    > I can comment what I like, I have the right of free speech.

    That's a rather dull way of saying I just tore you a new one. What
    makes you ROFL? My post when you're pretty cleanly hammered back into
    your box, or NickH's posts to WOS, which I couldn't care less about
    either way? You don't specify.

  11. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    On May 24, 7:47 pm, "andy" wrote:
    > how do you count posts ?
    >
    > curious as i'm wondering how many post i have ever posted ?
    >
    > Andy

    Are you on google? I just clicked on my profile, posts, and then on
    this group. (I think)

  12. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    DanSolo wrote:
    > On May 24, 5:31 pm, Guesser wrote:
    >> DanSolo wrote:
    >>> I joined in Apr 2008, a month before this happened. Are you NickH's
    >>> mummy or what?
    >>> And who the hell are you to comment on anything here Mr 40 posts since
    >>> May1? Even I have more than twice your posts here.
    >>> (probably mostly during similar flamewars, but posts nonetheless...)

    >> rofl, I'm certainly not NickH's mummy, I don't know why he always feeds
    >> the troll. in fact he's trolled here plenty in the past when he decided
    >> that Usenet was dead
    >>
    >> I can comment what I like, I have the right of free speech.

    > That's a rather dull way of saying I just tore you a new one. What
    > makes you ROFL? My post when you're pretty cleanly hammered back into
    > your box, or NickH's posts to WOS, which I couldn't care less about
    > either way? You don't specify.

    um, it's funny that it's easy to wind you up?

    I don't see what post count has to do with anything, since you admitted
    most of those were in flamewars anyway

  13. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    Slower Than You wrote:
    > fuzzix wrote:
    >> Guesser wrote:
    >>> I can comment what I like, I have the right of free speech.

    >> Ha ha, bollocks you do.

    > Quite: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...75215846218544

    well yeah, I should have said Muslim fundamentalism notwithstanding

  14. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    Guesser wrote:
    > um, it's funny that it's easy to wind you up?

    Will you lot get back into your kennels please?

    I killfiled the WOS thread (ah, the joys of Usenet gateways) when it
    turned into self-confessed two-way trolling ("I'm only carrying on with
    this because I find you amusing." "Yeah? Well I'm only carrying on with
    this because I find *you* amusing..."). It's bad enough that it
    overflowed into other threads there ("let's all point and laugh at
    DanSolo in the third person because he isn't in this thread yet") but we
    don't need it following the rest of us around the internet like a bad smell.

  15. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    Matthew Westcott wrote:
    > Guesser wrote:
    >> um, it's funny that it's easy to wind you up?

    > Will you lot get back into your kennels please?
    >
    > I killfiled the WOS thread (ah, the joys of Usenet gateways) when it
    > turned into self-confessed two-way trolling ("I'm only carrying on with
    > this because I find you amusing." "Yeah? Well I'm only carrying on with
    > this because I find *you* amusing..."). It's bad enough that it
    > overflowed into other threads there ("let's all point and laugh at
    > DanSolo in the third person because he isn't in this thread yet") but we
    > don't need it following the rest of us around the internet like a bad
    > smell.

    sorry, sir

    /me pads away with tail between legs

  16. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    On May 21, 5:52 pm, Guesser wrote:
    > DanSolo has joined WoS forums and is conducting his flamewar with NickH
    > over there.
    >
    > Don't you wuv us any more dan?
    >
    > maybe it's a sign that usenet is dying... if people are taking their
    > flamewars elsewhere
    > /me runs away

    A word of warning. A WOS mod appears to be editing my sig there. I
    don't know if this is an extension of the fabled speccy humour.

  17. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    Matthew Westcott wrote:

    > Guesser wrote:
    > > um, it's funny that it's easy to wind you up?

    > Will you lot get back into your kennels please?
    >
    > I killfiled the WOS thread (ah, the joys of Usenet gateways) when it

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Ooh! Is this a publicly available service? If so, what are the details?
    Sorry if this is common knowledge but I haven't been here for a few
    years and must have missed it.
    --
    Slower Than You

  18. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    "DanSolo" wrote in message
    > On May 21, 5:52 pm, Guesser wrote:
    >> DanSolo has joined WoS forums and is conducting his flamewar with NickH
    >> over there.
    >>
    >> Don't you wuv us any more dan?
    >>
    >> maybe it's a sign that usenet is dying... if people are taking their
    >> flamewars elsewhere
    >> /me runs away

    > A word of warning. A WOS mod appears to be editing my sig there. I
    > don't know if this is an extension of the fabled speccy humour.

    No, he just thinks you're a wanker.

  19. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 14:30:46 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Slower Than You:

    > > I killfiled the WOS thread (ah, the joys of Usenet gateways) when it

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > Ooh! Is this a publicly available service? If so, what are the details?
    > Sorry if this is common knowledge but I haven't been here for a few
    > years and must have missed it.

    See http://matt.west.co.tt/ruby/bbgateway/
    Point your newsreader to news.zxdemo.org.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  20. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    On May 26, 5:31 pm, "HeavyDude" wrote:
    > "DanSolo" wrote in message
    >
    > news:69f37a57-93a9-4613-a4d4-11436c1f4ad1@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...> On May 21, 5:52 pm, Guesser wrote:
    > > A word of warning. A WOS mod appears to be editing my sig there. I
    > > don't know if this is an extension of the fabled speccy humour.

    > No, he just thinks you're a wanker.

    You cut me deep man. Real deep.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast