dansolo given up on us? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on dansolo given up on us? - Sinclair ; On May 30, 1:55 pm, "HeavyDude" wrote: > You were ONLY told that Lee got has ass chewed. He didn't. I really don't care whether he did or not, but I'd expect Martijn won't thank you for saying so here. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: dansolo given up on us?

  1. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    On May 30, 1:55 pm, "HeavyDude" wrote:
    > You were ONLY told that Lee got has ass chewed. He didn't.

    I really don't care whether he did or not, but I'd expect Martijn
    won't thank you for saying so here. WoS has more to lose than me if
    people expect mods to edit user accounts when arguments aren't going
    their way and an admin who doesn't mind.

    > aachi's list was a huge pile of ****. Some of those links were to
    > multiformat sites (including Spectrum) and one of them was to a Spectrum
    > site!!!

    Wow, "on topic" at last. Take out the ones you don't like and
    recompare the list. Spectrum still loses. Badly.

    > At least the the list karingal pointed out to you was bonafide (which
    > incidently you conviently missed in the midst of your lame tirades).

    I admitted I missed until I was pointed back to it. Is that worse than
    pretending aachi's list didn't exist, or that the topic had "changed
    to me", which almost everyone at that thread insisted on doing right
    until it got locked?

    > Even some of the guys at Lemon64 are embarrassed by you now. Conversations
    > have being taking place in private.

    Whispering sweet nothings into Lockett's ear then? If you two want to
    console each other in private after a public mauling then big swinging
    mickey.

    > Just accept you got butt****ed and humilated and we'll say no more about it.

    Fatdude, you are a joke. The mere fact that you need me to admit
    something shows that you really aren't so sure yourself it happened.

  2. Re: dansolo given up on us?


    "DanSolo" wrote in message
    news:cfbb7a71-6591-4ea7-8cc2-4293ecb58d54@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...
    > On May 30, 1:55 pm, "HeavyDude" wrote:
    >> You were ONLY told that Lee got has ass chewed. He didn't.

    > I really don't care whether he did or not, but I'd expect Martijn
    > won't thank you for saying so here. WoS has more to lose than me if
    > people expect mods to edit user accounts when arguments aren't going
    > their way and an admin who doesn't mind.
    >
    >> aachi's list was a huge pile of ****. Some of those links were to
    >> multiformat sites (including Spectrum) and one of them was to a Spectrum
    >> site!!!

    > Wow, "on topic" at last. Take out the ones you don't like and
    > recompare the list. Spectrum still loses. Badly.
    >
    >> At least the the list karingal pointed out to you was bonafide (which
    >> incidently you conviently missed in the midst of your lame tirades).

    > I admitted I missed until I was pointed back to it. Is that worse than
    > pretending aachi's list didn't exist, or that the topic had "changed
    > to me", which almost everyone at that thread insisted on doing right
    > until it got locked?
    >
    >> Even some of the guys at Lemon64 are embarrassed by you now.
    >> Conversations
    >> have being taking place in private.

    > Whispering sweet nothings into Lockett's ear then? If you two want to
    > console each other in private after a public mauling then big swinging
    > mickey.
    >
    >> Just accept you got butt****ed and humilated and we'll say no more about
    >> it.

    > Fatdude, you are a joke. The mere fact that you need me to admit
    > something shows that you really aren't so sure yourself it happened.


    I rarely visit WOS and have never spoken to the WOS admin. All my "info" I
    got from said thread.
    But having read the WOS thread |I realised that you cannot ignore a post.
    You just HAVE to respond, even if your posts are completely baseless.
    You are a gift to all troll baiters everywhere.
    So you have yet again been goaded into another argument due to your naivity
    and your inability to rise above pointless ****slinging.

    You really are priceless.




  3. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    On May 30, 4:42 pm, "HeavyDude" wrote:
    > I rarely visit WOS and have never spoken to the WOS admin. All my "info" I
    > got from said thread.
    > But having read the WOS thread |I realised that you cannot ignore a post.
    > You just HAVE to respond, even if your posts are completely baseless.
    > You are a gift to all troll baiters everywhere.
    > So you have yet again been goaded into another argument due to your naivity
    > and your inability to rise above pointless ****slinging.
    >
    > You really are priceless.


    Well FatGuy, if your "info" is from a thread where mods are claiming
    victories after editing user accounts, you're ****ed. You also use the
    same tactic of describing facts as "baseless" the minute you run out
    of specifics.
    If I've been goaded into an argument that you've just lost then more
    fool you.

  4. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    Slower Than You wrote:
    > This sort of thing is one of several reasons why web forums are
    > inherently worse than usenet -- being a "moderator" is essentially a
    > method of ego-wanking. Just like with channel ops in IRC, it has a
    > tendency to bring out the worst in anyone, even those who are probably
    > relatively balanced and placid in real life.
    >
    > In usenet, everyone can be their own admin.


    And on irc, every CSS regular can be their own op.
    (in #speccy on astrolink)


    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!" |
    | in | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
    | Computer Science | - Father Jack in "Father Ted" |

  5. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    I don't get this.
    Why are some adults still keeping the C64 vs Spectrum thing alive?
    I don't think it matters what's better and what's not. I think we
    should concentrate on sharing knowledge, hardware and software, for
    the benefit of all 8-bit users.
    I don't find C64 jokes funny anymore. I'm a lot more interested in
    seeing ports from one machine to the other, and to leave the kiddy
    stuff behind.

    Although I understand why some people here dislike forums, I don't
    share the same opinion. Are you so afraid of being 'modded' that you
    need the usenet to feel free? Maybe it's because of the way you say
    things.

  6. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    zxbruno wrote:
    > I don't get this.
    > Why are some adults still keeping the C64 vs Spectrum thing alive?


    Tradition.

    It's a JOKE. It's been nothing but a bit of inter-camp japery for the past
    10 years. I doubt anyone takes it all that seriously.
    Even the trolls do it for amusement.

    > Although I understand why some people here dislike forums, I don't
    > share the same opinion. Are you so afraid of being 'modded' that you
    > need the usenet to feel free? Maybe it's because of the way you say
    > things.


    I just dislike forums, modding or not. IRC is the protocol for internet
    chat, you don't need some ****ty java client...
    Usenet is the protocol for longer term message storage and forwarding.
    Email is the only one that's been keeping a following really, the only one
    that's not been replaced by some inferior web based "facility". And that's been
    ruined thanks to spam.

    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!" |
    | in | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
    | Computer Science | - Father Jack in "Father Ted" |

  7. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >
    > I just dislike forums, modding or not. IRC is the protocol for internet
    > chat, you don't need some ****ty java client...
    > Usenet is the protocol for longer term message storage and forwarding.
    > Email is the only one that's been keeping a following really, the only one
    > that's not been replaced by some inferior web based "facility". And that's been
    > ruined thanks to spam.
    >


    webmail was a good effort though

  8. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    Guesser wrote:
    > Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >>
    >> I just dislike forums, modding or not. IRC is the protocol for internet
    >> chat, you don't need some ****ty java client...
    >> Usenet is the protocol for longer term message storage and forwarding.
    >> Email is the only one that's been keeping a following really, the only one
    >> that's not been replaced by some inferior web based "facility". And that's been
    >> ruined thanks to spam.
    >>

    >
    > webmail was a good effort though


    Webmail is still e-mail though, using the same protocols, rather than some
    cobbled together abortion like webchat and webforums.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a |
    | | graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit |
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | operating system originally coded for a 4 bit |
    | in |microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that|
    | Computer Science | can't stand 1 bit of competition. |

  9. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > Guesser wrote:
    >> Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >>> I just dislike forums, modding or not. IRC is the protocol for internet
    >>> chat, you don't need some ****ty java client...
    >>> Usenet is the protocol for longer term message storage and forwarding.
    >>> Email is the only one that's been keeping a following really, the only one
    >>> that's not been replaced by some inferior web based "facility". And that's been
    >>> ruined thanks to spam.
    >>>

    >> webmail was a good effort though

    >
    > Webmail is still e-mail though, using the same protocols, rather than some
    > cobbled together abortion like webchat and webforums.


    you don't know the half of it, if you want cobbled together you should
    see the other chat window I have open at the moment
    http://www.nshsa.org.uk/public/
    javascript held together with bugfixes and the guy who wrote it
    doesn't put any comments or whitespace in his code

  10. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    zxbruno wrote:

    > Although I understand why some people here dislike forums, I don't
    > share the same opinion. Are you so afraid of being 'modded' that you
    > need the usenet to feel free? Maybe it's because of the way you say
    > things.


    Nope. I've never fallen foul of any moderator on the few moderated
    forums I use.

    Neither do I object to the right of people to decide what is - and isn't
    - put on their forums: it's their property, and they can do what they
    like with it. Which is why I'm quite happy to use those few. My reasons
    for disliking web forums are much more to do with the rigidity of their
    interfaces than moderation. (Not to mention, as Spike says, their
    redundancy. Talk about reinventing the wheel: new and improved, now with
    corners.)

    That said, it's important that open unmoderated forums exist, and I'm
    glad Usenet and IRC are still around as much for that reason as anything
    else.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.



  11. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    On Jun 1, 11:35 pm, Duncan Snowden wrote:
    > zxbruno wrote:
    > > Although I understand why some people here dislike forums, I don't
    > > share the same opinion. Are you so afraid of being 'modded' that you
    > > need the usenet to feel free? Maybe it's because of the way you say
    > > things.

    >
    > Nope. I've never fallen foul of any moderator on the few moderated
    > forums I use.
    >


    Must try harder

    sparkes

  12. Re: dansolo given up on us?

    Slower Than You wrote:

    > fuzzix wrote:
    > > Guesser wrote:
    > > > I can comment what I like, I have the right of free speech.

    > >
    > > Ha ha, bollocks you do.

    >
    > Quite: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...75215846218544


    ;-)

    right right....


    They hived out 1997 the mighty LX/BX/ZX/GX Chipset... HA


    If it could run on 200MHz FSB (japanese have done so ... even
    220...), it would be not much slower than 12y younger PCs. HAHAHAHAHA



    Kind regards,

    Daniel Mandic

    P.S.: 1997, the start of supersonic ppl blending, IMHO. However, I buy
    today high-end stuff (e.g. EOS3), whereas I could only buy an entry
    pocket digicam w digital zoom for the same amount of price, etc...

    However.... THANKS!!!! ;-)))))) (2nd e.g., SGI 21inch 'supercolor' for
    30 bucks :-))))) thanks again! hehehee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3