New english-speaking zx81 forum - Sinclair

This is a discussion on New english-speaking zx81 forum - Sinclair ; Hi all, this info was buried under another thread so I thought I'd bump it into its own. Rich of RWAP has set up an english language bulletin board for the discussion of zx80 and 81. There are some excellent ...

  1. New english-speaking zx81 forum

    Hi all,

    this info was buried under another thread so I thought I'd bump it
    into its own.

    Rich of RWAP has set up an english language bulletin board for the
    discussion of zx80 and 81. There are some excellent and worthwhile
    forums in other languages, but my brain's ability to learn either
    German or Portugese has long since left me. The speccy has quite
    enough action of its own so it's about time that us anglophones got
    off our bums and put an '80/1 forum back on the web!

    Sign up today - let's make it a good one.

    Congrats Rich!

    Charlie

    http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/ZX80_Z...rums/index.php

  2. Re: New english-speaking zx81 forum

    "Sir Morris" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > this info was buried under another thread so I thought I'd bump it
    > into its own.
    >
    > Rich of RWAP has set up an english language bulletin board for the
    > discussion of zx80 and 81. There are some excellent and worthwhile
    > forums in other languages, but my brain's ability to learn either
    > German or Portugese has long since left me. The speccy has quite
    > enough action of its own so it's about time that us anglophones got
    > off our bums and put an '80/1 forum back on the web!
    >
    > Sign up today - let's make it a good one.
    >
    > Congrats Rich!
    >
    > Charlie
    >
    > http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/ZX80_Z...rums/index.php

    Signed up waiting for my confirmation email.

    Many thanks Rich,

    Andy.

    As a side note i see that Sir morris has already posted a hardware idea,
    simple io i have already built such a device using just 3 chips.

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/deborah...ics/zxio-b.jpg

    this was built as a pseudo 2 way 8 bit comms, you could split the output
    (top chip, Latched outputs) and input (bottom chip) to give you 8 in and 8
    out.

    Regards Andy

  3. Re: New english-speaking zx81 forum

    I have heard that the previous link I posted wasn't working for some
    people, please excuse me.

    This is the link that worked for me:

    http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/ZX80_ZX81/forums/

    Apologies if you've tried and had no luck.

    @andy: excellent! we should get the best bits of these together and do
    some cross-pollinating!

    Aaah it's beginning to feel like the spirit of ts1000.us is re-
    awakening!

  4. Re: New english-speaking zx81 forum

    "Sir Morris" wrote in message

    > Aaah it's beginning to feel like the spirit of ts1000.us is re-
    > awakening!

    It Would be great if we could get hold of the old forum data too. Makes me
    wish i'd kept a copy of everything i ever posted on there !

    Andy

  5. Re: New english-speaking zx81 forum

    On May 9, 10:18*pm, "andy" wrote:
    > "Sir Morris" wrote in message

    > > Aaah it's beginning to feel like the spirit ofts1000.us is re-
    > > awakening!

    > It Would be great if we could get hold of the old forum data too. Makes me
    > wish i'd kept a copy of everything i ever posted on there !
    >
    > Andy

    Any chance we can also get access to the ts1000.us forum archives.
    There is a wealth of knowledge in those posts, and it would be a huge
    shame to lose all that.

  6. Re: New english-speaking zx81 forum

    > Any chance we can also get access to the ts1000.us forum archives.
    > There is a wealth of knowledge in those posts, and it would be a huge
    > shame to lose all that.

    Check the new site and you'll find a link to two site-rips of
    TS1000.us.

    I've announced the new site on Speccy.org, WOS, and the TS2068 yahoo
    group. I've also e-mailed a few people.

  7. Re: New english-speaking zx81 forum

    On May 11, 12:15*pm, zxbruno wrote:
    > > Any chance we can also get access to the ts1000.us forum archives.
    > > There is a wealth of knowledge in those posts, and it would be a huge
    > > shame to lose all that.

    > Check the new site and you'll find a link to two site-rips of
    > TS1000.us.
    >
    > I've announced the new site on Speccy.org, WOS, and the TS2068 yahoo
    > group. I've also e-mailed a few people.

    I am glad to see someone had a copy of the site and has it online
    (www.ts1000.us) at http://forum.tlienhard.com/TS1000/ww...bb/YaBB.pl.htm.

    My backups got so currupted that I have been unable to even extract
    text, now that I see a copy exists I can stop worrying about it.

    Bill H

  8. Re: New english-speaking zx81 forum

    On May 11, 11:03 am, Bill H wrote:
    > On May 11, 12:15 pm, zxbruno wrote:
    >
    > > > Any chance we can also get access to the ts1000.us forum archives.
    > > > There is a wealth of knowledge in those posts, and it would be a huge
    > > > shame to lose all that.

    > > Check the new site and you'll find a link to two site-rips of
    > > TS1000.us.

    > > I've announced the new site on Speccy.org, WOS, and the TS2068 yahoo
    > > group. I've also e-mailed a few people.

    > I am glad to see someone had a copy of the site and has it online
    > (www.ts1000.us) athttp://forum.tlienhard.com/TS1000/www.ts1000.us/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl.htm.
    >
    > My backups got so currupted that I have been unable to even extract
    > text, now that I see a copy exists I can stop worrying about it.
    >
    > Bill H

    I thereby assume that we have your approval to share its content with
    all ZX and TS users. Thank you so much for all your work.

  9. Re: New english-speaking zx81 forum

    > now that I see a copy exists I can stop worrying about it.

    That's great news - I also add my huge thanks Bill!

+ Reply to Thread