Hard Disk Interface - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Hard Disk Interface - Sinclair ; :O ... :O ... :O ... The man is a genius!...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 36 of 36

  1. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    :O ...

    :O ...

    :O ...

    The man is a genius!

  2. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    On Tue, 06 May 2008 21:10:13 +0100, MCR wrote:
    > Useful info snipped
    >
    >> cheers
    >>
    >> Jules

    > You learn something new everyday!

    My problem is that I tend to forget at least 15 other things in the
    process...

    cheers

    J.

  3. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    zxbruno wrote:
    > This reminds me that we need an English ZX81 forum... A place where
    > everything about the ZX81 can be found - Software (Simon's site
    > already has that), Optional hardware mods, Repair guides, Hardware
    > projects, etc. Yes I know, some of you don't like forums, but still...
    >
    > Yesterday, for example, I noticed Mike did a ZX Spectrum emulator for
    > the ZX81 (!). Who would think it would be possible...

    If people would like me to (and are willing to help), I could create a
    dedicated ZX81 forum on my website http://www.rwapservices.co.uk, unless
    someone wants to pay for some webspace to run the forum on!

    Rich Mellor
    http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk

  4. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    "Rich Mellor" wrote in message
    > zxbruno wrote:
    >> This reminds me that we need an English ZX81 forum... A place where
    >> everything about the ZX81 can be found - Software (Simon's site
    >> already has that), Optional hardware mods, Repair guides, Hardware
    >> projects, etc. Yes I know, some of you don't like forums, but still...
    >>
    >> Yesterday, for example, I noticed Mike did a ZX Spectrum emulator for
    >> the ZX81 (!). Who would think it would be possible...

    > If people would like me to (and are willing to help), I could create a
    > dedicated ZX81 forum on my website http://www.rwapservices.co.uk, unless
    > someone wants to pay for some webspace to run the forum on!

    OOOO a new ZX81 forum would be fan dabby dozy !!!!
    i use to frequent the old TS1000 one quite a bit.

    Andy

  5. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    Jules wrote:
    > On Tue, 06 May 2008 21:10:13 +0100, MCR wrote:
    >> Useful info snipped
    >>
    >>> cheers
    >>>
    >>> Jules

    >> You learn something new everyday!

    > My problem is that I tend to forget at least 15 other things in the
    > process...
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > J.

    "whenever I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my head."

    "Like the time I went on that wine tasting course and forgot how to drive!"

  6. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    andy wrote:
    > "Rich Mellor" wrote in message
    >> zxbruno wrote:
    >>> This reminds me that we need an English ZX81 forum... A place where
    >>> everything about the ZX81 can be found - Software (Simon's site
    >>> already has that), Optional hardware mods, Repair guides, Hardware
    >>> projects, etc. Yes I know, some of you don't like forums, but still...
    >>>
    >>> Yesterday, for example, I noticed Mike did a ZX Spectrum emulator for
    >>> the ZX81 (!). Who would think it would be possible...

    >> If people would like me to (and are willing to help), I could create a
    >> dedicated ZX81 forum on my website http://www.rwapservices.co.uk, unless
    >> someone wants to pay for some webspace to run the forum on!

    > OOOO a new ZX81 forum would be fan dabby dozy !!!!
    > i use to frequent the old TS1000 one quite a bit.
    >
    > Andy

    Forum appears at: http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/ZX80_ZX81/forums/

    Feel free to join and contribute to get this up and running

    Rich Mellor
    http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk

  7. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    On May 7, 2:20 am, zxbruno wrote:
    > This reminds me that we need an English ZX81 forum... A place where
    > everything about the ZX81 can be found - Software (Simon's site
    > already has that), Optional hardware mods, Repair guides, Hardware
    > projects, etc. Yes I know, some of you don't like forums, but still...
    >
    > Yesterday, for example, I noticed Mike did a ZX Spectrum emulator for
    > the ZX81 (!). Who would think it would be possible...

    Hi Bruno,
    XavSnap send me a copy of the IDE81 Schematics and the ASM driver.
    I want to ask you if you are the person that do that project and in
    that case if you have some more info about it, you know I like to
    build and IDE interface but I dose´t has much electronics knowledge...
    Do you build the inteface ? dop you actually connect an IDE drive to
    the ZX.81 ? Thanks for you help
    Gus
    P.D. Do you speack spanish ? are you the same Bruno of the speccy
    forums, I ask beecause I´m the same gus
    Just in case Saludos

  8. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    On May 7, 2:26 pm, "andy" wrote:
    > "Rich Mellor" wrote in message

    > > zxbruno wrote:
    > >> This reminds me that we need an English ZX81 forum... A place where
    > >> everything about the ZX81 can be found - Software (Simon's site
    > >> already has that), Optional hardware mods, Repair guides, Hardware
    > >> projects, etc. Yes I know, some of you don't like forums, but still...

    > >> Yesterday, for example, I noticed Mike did a ZX Spectrum emulator for
    > >> the ZX81 (!). Who would think it would be possible...

    > > If people would like me to (and are willing to help), I could create a
    > > dedicated ZX81 forum on my websitehttp://www.rwapservices.co.uk, unless
    > > someone wants to pay for some webspace to run the forum on!

    > OOOO a new ZX81 forum would be fan dabby dozy !!!!
    > i use to frequent the old TS1000 one quite a bit.
    >
    > Andy

    Well, we now have two people who offered hosting space:

    1-Simon (zx81stuff.org)
    2-Rich Mellor (www.rwapservices.co.uk)

    Rich is willing not just to provide hosting space, but also provide a
    forum for ZX81 users. I'm not sure if Simon would be willing to take
    care of a forum at this time. Let me see if I can find his e-mail and
    ask.

    If we can get stuff from ts1000.us using the wayback machine and if we
    gather all the hardware projects for the ZX81 that are on Brasilian,
    British, German, Spanish and French websites, I think we'll have
    something great!

    Maybe it should be a place for users of similar computers, a place for
    all ZX80, TK85, TS1000, TS1500 and ZX81 users.

  9. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    "zxbruno" a écrit dans le message de
    > On May 7, 2:26 pm, "andy" wrote:
    > > "Rich Mellor" wrote in message

    still...

    > > > If people would like me to (and are willing to help), I could create a
    > > > dedicated ZX81 forum on my websitehttp://www.rwapservices.co.uk,

    unless
    > > > someone wants to pay for some webspace to run the forum on!

    > > OOOO a new ZX81 forum would be fan dabby dozy !!!!
    > > i use to frequent the old TS1000 one quite a bit.
    > >
    > > Andy

    > Well, we now have two people who offered hosting space:
    >
    > 1-Simon (zx81stuff.org)
    > 2-Rich Mellor (www.rwapservices.co.uk)
    >
    > Rich is willing not just to provide hosting space, but also provide a
    > forum for ZX81 users. I'm not sure if Simon would be willing to take
    > care of a forum at this time. Let me see if I can find his e-mail and
    > ask.
    >
    > If we can get stuff from ts1000.us using the wayback machine and if we
    > gather all the hardware projects for the ZX81 that are on Brasilian,
    > British, German, Spanish and French websites, I think we'll have
    > something great!
    >
    > Maybe it should be a place for users of similar computers, a place for
    > all ZX80, TK85, TS1000, TS1500 and ZX81 users.

    Hi !

    "French websites"
    Where?
    most of old Zx81's french user are amesic!
    Try to type http://zx81.nl ... http://zx81.it ... and http://zx81.fr is
    "corrupt" !
    No ...
    The Zx81 was an English experience!

    Xav.

  10. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    Hi ZX81 users at C.S.S!

    Have been away for a business trip so I'm a little bit late.

    German ZX-TEAM has the HD-Interface for ZX81, it hat been realised for
    Kai's and Joachim's ZX96 (because it was developed in 1996). Lots of
    these extensons could have been seen working at 12th ZX-TEAM-meeting.
    (11 -13 april 2008)

    Very new is the USB-interface for ZX81, developed by Thomas from
    Switzerland. He used it for old small USB-memory stick, but it worked
    with an exteral HD with USB interface too.

    I hope I will be able to publish more information in future.

    Peter from ZX-TEAM
    --
    http://www.zx81.de

  11. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    Sorry Peter,

    http://zx81.de working too...

    ;-)))

    Xav.

    "Peter Liebert-Adelt" a écrit dans le message de
    > Hi ZX81 users at C.S.S!
    >
    > Have been away for a business trip so I'm a little bit late.
    >
    > German ZX-TEAM has the HD-Interface for ZX81, it hat been realised for
    > Kai's and Joachim's ZX96 (because it was developed in 1996). Lots of
    > these extensons could have been seen working at 12th ZX-TEAM-meeting.
    > (11 -13 april 2008)
    >
    > Very new is the USB-interface for ZX81, developed by Thomas from
    > Switzerland. He used it for old small USB-memory stick, but it worked
    > with an exteral HD with USB interface too.
    >
    > I hope I will be able to publish more information in future.
    >
    > Peter from ZX-TEAM
    > --
    > http://www.zx81.de

  12. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    Hi Xav!

    > http://zx81.de working too...

    Since some days www.ts1000.org is working too, but for the next weeks,
    you will only find www.zx81.de under this new URL.

    Maybe one day I will be able to upload more for the international ZX81
    users community.
    I'm dreaming of an international issue of ZX-TEAM-MAGAZINe ;-))

    Peter
    --
    www.ts1000.org

  13. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    > I'm dreaming of an international issue of ZX-TEAM-MAGAZINe ;-))

    YES!

  14. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    On Tue, 06 May 2008 22:20:22 -0700, zxbruno wrote:

    > Yes I know, some of you don't like forums, but still...

    Indeed. Unwieldy, 'orrible things they are. :-( And yet another account
    on yet another website to worry about!

    A site dedicated to ZX81-related [1] things seems like a good idea - but
    can't any discussion aspect stay on this newsgroup? There are various
    benefits in doing that...

    [1] Although I ditched my ZX81 and just kept the Spectrum and ZX80... are
    there any sites dedicated to the ZX80? :-)

  15. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    Jules wrote:
    > On Tue, 06 May 2008 22:20:22 -0700, zxbruno wrote:
    >
    >> Yes I know, some of you don't like forums, but still...

    > Indeed. Unwieldy, 'orrible things they are. :-( And yet another account
    > on yet another website to worry about!
    >
    > A site dedicated to ZX81-related [1] things seems like a good idea - but
    > can't any discussion aspect stay on this newsgroup? There are various
    > benefits in doing that...
    >
    > [1] Although I ditched my ZX81 and just kept the Spectrum and ZX80... are
    > there any sites dedicated to the ZX80? :-)

    you could always install a nntp plugin to the forum software on the
    site, and then we can point our newsreaders at that, and save having to
    have forum accounts

  16. Re: Hard Disk Interface

    Just like the ones I used to knooooowwwwww...

    --