[Zx80;Docs] Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on [Zx80;Docs] Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic? - Sinclair ; Hi, My ZxToken was (will be) implemented with a text converter to ZX80 ".80" files. But, when you had a look to the zx80 keyboard, inverted characters are unavailable. And start up screen is an inverted "K", like the Zx81. ...

  1. [Zx80;Docs] Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic?

    Hi,
    My ZxToken was (will be) implemented with a text converter to ZX80 ".80"
    files.
    But, when you had a look to the zx80 keyboard, inverted characters are
    unavailable.
    And start up screen is an inverted "K", like the Zx81.
    Is there any docs to explaine to retrive such inverted characters in Basic?

    Note: In ASM, you simply poke a value up than 80h ... in the D_File.

    Xav.

  2. Re: [Zx80;Docs] Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic?

    GzavSnap wrote:

    > Hi,
    > My ZxToken was (will be) implemented with a text converter to ZX80 ".80"
    > files.
    > But, when you had a look to the zx80 keyboard, inverted characters are
    > unavailable.
    > And start up screen is an inverted "K", like the Zx81.
    > Is there any docs to explaine to retrive such inverted characters in Basic?

    Look at this:
    ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/si...tingManual.pdf
    page 65ff, the character set.

    PRINT CHR$(128+CODE("A")) prints an invers letter A.

    I'm glad to see someone's still working on the ZX80. Though mine is long
    time broken (ULA), I hold on to the zx80-tape containing my text
    adventure game written in 1981 before the zx81 was available in Germany.
    With some .wav wizzardry and EightyOne I managed wake it up and run
    after more then 25 years. Even some bugs had survived ;-) .
    The game is called "Dwarfs" and I took it from a game runnig on an
    HP-machine.
    It's all in basic except for the data, poked and peeked direkt into
    memory. 16k-RAM-Pack required!
    If there is some interest, I'll try to make an english version (bug
    free) and look for a download host.

    Did I really write that sentence? Translation and a new thing like a
    parser? Ohh...

    Greetings, Kallu (uncarefully ;-) delurking after years of read only)
    --
    have a nice day <

  3. Re: [Zx80;Docs] Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic?

    hi to all!

    there are some nice things working in the ZX80. try this:

    put inthis small program:

    10 PRINT USR(722)
    20 LIST USR (722)

    then hit RUN and NEWLINE. then RUBOUT all the screen until only the
    cursor is on the screen.

    then type in your name and have fun!

    greetings
    jens (german-ZX-TEAM)

  4. Re: [Zx80;Docs] Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic?

    david lightman wrote:
    > hi to all!
    >
    > there are some nice things working in the ZX80. try this:
    >
    > put inthis small program:
    >
    > 10 PRINT USR(722)
    > 20 LIST USR (722)

    Errrrrrrm....
    And what key is USR on?
    I didn't think the zx80 HAD the usr command.

  5. Re: [Zx80;Docs] Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic?

    "david lightman" wrote in message
    > hi to all!
    >
    > there are some nice things working in the ZX80. try this:
    >
    > put inthis small program:
    >
    > 10 PRINT USR(722)
    > 20 LIST USR (722)
    >
    > then hit RUN and NEWLINE. then RUBOUT all the screen until only the cursor
    > is on the screen.
    >
    > then type in your name and have fun!

    LOL. That almost qualifies as an Easter Egg.

    Andy

  6. Re: [Zx80;Docs] Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic?

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > david lightman wrote:
    >> hi to all!
    >>
    >> there are some nice things working in the ZX80. try this:
    >>
    >> put inthis small program:
    >>
    >> 10 PRINT USR(722)
    >> 20 LIST USR (722)

    > Errrrrrrm....
    > And what key is USR on?
    > I didn't think the zx80 HAD the usr command.

    Just type USR in, letter by letter!

  7. Re: [Zx80;Docs] Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic?

    hi!

    > Errrrrrrm....
    > And what key is USR on?
    > I didn't think the zx80 HAD the usr command.

    you´ll have to type it in...that´s it ;-)

    here is another one:

    10 PRINT CHR$(RND(3));
    20 GO TO 10

    press RUN and NEWLINE. disregard the error code. after you have fully
    absorbes the results of the routine, press any key and then RUN an
    NEWLINE again.

    greetings
    jens

  8. Re: [Zx80;Docs] Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic?

    > > Hi,
    > > My ZxToken was (will be) implemented with a text converter to ZX80

    ".80"
    > > files.
    > > But, when you had a look to the zx80 keyboard, inverted characters are
    > > unavailable.
    > > And start up screen is an inverted "K", like the Zx81.
    > > Is there any docs to explaine to retrive such inverted characters in

    Basic?

    > Look at this:

    ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/si...tingManual.pdf
    > page 65ff, the character set.
    >
    > PRINT CHR$(128+CODE("A")) prints an invers letter A.

    Thx.

    Xav.

  9. Re: Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic?

    On May 3, 1:48 pm, Kallu Wiegand wrote:

    > I'm glad to see someone's still working on the ZX80. Though mine is long
    > time broken (ULA), I hold on to the zx80-tape containing my text
    > adventure game written in 1981 before the zx81 was available in Germany.
    > With some .wav wizzardry and EightyOne I managed wake it up and run
    > after more then 25 years. Even some bugs had survived ;-) .
    > The game is called "Dwarfs" and I took it from a game runnig on an
    > HP-machine.
    > It's all in basic except for the data, poked and peeked direkt into
    > memory. 16k-RAM-Pack required!
    > If there is some interest, I'll try to make an english version (bug
    > free) and look for a download host.

    I'm interested. I have a ZX80 fully working here, and I would like to
    see that game.

    Does anyone know if there's a way to connect the PC sound card to the
    ZX80 and load snapshots the same way we do with PlayTZX for the
    Spectrum?

  10. Re: Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic?

    zxbruno wrote:
    > On May 3, 1:48 pm, Kallu Wiegand wrote:

    >> The game is called "Dwarfs" and I took it from a game runnig on an
    >> HP-machine.
    >> It's all in basic except for the data, poked and peeked direkt into
    >> memory. 16k-RAM-Pack required!
    >> If there is some interest, I'll try to make an english version (bug
    >> free) and look for a download host.

    > I'm interested. I have a ZX80 fully working here, and I would like to
    > see that game.

    Thanks for your interest, I'll send you a copy, when the prog ist fully
    working in an english version.

    Greetings, Kallu
    --
    have a nice day <

  11. Re: Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic?

    Hi Kallu,

    > > I'm interested. I have a ZX80 fully working here, and I would like to
    > > see that game.

    Yes, many users are interested in a fully working program ... on Zx80.
    Just to test Zx80 graphics or Zx80 emulators.

    But, could you send me this program and can i put it on my web page?
    Regards.

    My mail :
    My web site is very poor regards this wonderfull computer!
    Could you throw me the new picture of your Zx80 ?

    have fun.
    Xav.

  12. Re: [Zx80;Docs] Is there any inverted chars in the Zx80 basic?

    "GzavSnap" a écrit dans le
    message de news:481ca76b$0$24584$426a74cc@news.free.fr...
    > Hi,
    > My ZxToken was (will be) implemented with a text converter to ZX80 ".80"
    > files.
    > But, when you had a look to the zx80 keyboard, inverted characters are
    > unavailable.
    > And start up screen is an inverted "K", like the Zx81.
    > Is there any docs to explaine to retrive such inverted characters in

    Basic?

    > Note: In ASM, you simply poke a value up than 80h ... in the D_File.
    >
    > Xav.

    Thanks all ZX fans,

    ZxToken 1.09, is now able to compile a ZX80 text (Basic or ASM) program.
    Have Fun.

+ Reply to Thread