Our Survey Said... - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Our Survey Said... - Sinclair ; Linards Ticmanis wrote: > Same goes for "Modern Talking" (aaaarrrrgggghhhh), and most of the > "successful exports" such as The Scorpions. Urgh. The real all-time > top acts over here are Die Toten Hosen, Die Ärzte, and Herbert > Grönemeyer, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 44 of 44

  1. Re: Our Survey Said...

    Linards Ticmanis wrote:

    > Same goes for "Modern Talking" (aaaarrrrgggghhhh), and most of the
    > "successful exports" such as The Scorpions. Urgh. The real all-time
    > top acts over here are Die Toten Hosen, Die Ärzte, and Herbert
    > Grönemeyer, all eminently listenable. For some decent newer stuff
    > check out Wir Sind Helden. For raw musical power (though questionable
    > lyrics) try the old Ton Steine Scherben stuff, and for a taste of GDR
    > "East Rock", try "City".
    >
    > Stonk!

    Huh!?

    Tangerine Dream!?? (just for an example...)

    Alphaville, Münchner Freiheit, Roberto Blanco, Howard Carpendale,
    Claudia Jung, Kraftwerk, and so on!????

    ;-)

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  2. Re: Our Survey Said...

    Chris Young wrote:

    > Our games industry is still pretty big though (he says, desperately
    > trying to steer things back on topic)

    Yep. Arguably this year's biggest release - GTA IV - comes from
    Edinburgh.

    It looks quite good, though.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  3. Re: Our Survey Said...

    Daniel Mandic wrote:

    > Linards Ticmanis wrote:
    >
    >> Same goes for "Modern Talking" (aaaarrrrgggghhhh), and most of the
    >> "successful exports" such as The Scorpions. Urgh. The real all-time
    >> top acts over here are Die Toten Hosen, Die Ärzte, and Herbert
    >> Grönemeyer, all eminently listenable. For some decent newer stuff
    >> check out Wir Sind Helden. For raw musical power (though questionable
    >> lyrics) try the old Ton Steine Scherben stuff, and for a taste of GDR
    >> "East Rock", try "City".
    >>
    >> Stonk!

    > Huh!?
    >

    > Tangerine Dream!?? (just for an example...)
    >
    > Alphaville, Münchner Freiheit, Roberto Blanco, Howard Carpendale,
    > Claudia Jung, Kraftwerk, and so on!????

    if i where a member of kraftwerk, i'd feel insulted to read my name in this
    list. really =P

    --

    http://www.hitmen-console.org
    http://www.pokefinder.org

    I can always spot a programmer who has only worked on one architecture. He
    or she looks on the basic data types of that machine as God-given. The same
    goes for how the system names files, how it represents lines of text, and
    dozens of other arbitrary design decisions. There is a level of abstract
    thinking that comes only from writing code that is intended to be portable
    across architectures.

  4. Re: Our Survey Said...

    Groepaz wrote:

    > if i where a member of kraftwerk, i'd feel insulted to read my name
    > in this list. really =P

    :-)

    There are much good musicians I wrote up. Claudia Jung makes it up...
    (no chance Craft 'Power Station')

    However, Irather like Tangerine Dreams over all, like a kind Synth
    and/or 'Earth' Music.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=TU_RPjeJpFg

    ;-(

    Best Regards,

    Daniel Mandic

    P.S.: one more ...

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dof4Fh9MDac

    (OK, shut up Mandic!)

    P.P.S.: any sound similarities while watching the audio/s is due to the
    listening ;.-) (that's it[!]... what can I do )

    P.S.: one more.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3