ZON X-81 software - Sinclair

This is a discussion on ZON X-81 software - Sinclair ; Back from the 12th ZX-Team meeting I now have a BI-PAK ZON X-81 sound module for my ZX81:-)) Does anybody know, whether there was any software written to support this module? And where to find it (if it exists)? Siggi...

  1. ZON X-81 software

    Back from the 12th ZX-Team meeting I now have a BI-PAK ZON X-81 sound
    module for my ZX81:-))

    Does anybody know, whether there was any software written to support
    this module? And where to find it (if it exists)?

    Siggi

  2. Re: ZON X-81 software

    hi siggi!

    i wrote an (german) artikle about the sound module in the
    ZX-TEAM-MAGAZIN. but i only have the demo-programs from the manual!

    i send them to you by mail.

    looking for software also...

    greetings
    jens

  3. Re: ZON X-81 software

    nixgeht@mailinator.com wrote:
    > Back from the 12th ZX-Team meeting I now have a BI-PAK ZON X-81 sound
    > module for my ZX81:-))
    >
    > Does anybody know, whether there was any software written to support
    > this module? And where to find it (if it exists)?

    Not aware of any, although every program I wrote after I got mine
    supported it All long gone now, though...

  4. Re: ZON X-81 software

    On Apr 19, 12:10 pm, nixg...@mailinator.com wrote:
    > Back from the 12th ZX-Team meeting I now have a BI-PAKZONX-81sound
    > module for my ZX81:-))
    >
    > Does anybody know, whether there was any software written to support
    > this module? And where to find it (if it exists)?
    >
    > Siggi

    Hi. I'm not sure if this helps, but here's a link to the manual:

    http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/gen.../z/ZONX81.html

    And here's a page (in Portuguese, I can translate it if you require
    it) where it shows how to program the AY-3-8912 using machine code on
    a TK85 (brasilian ZX81 clone). The machine code routine works if the
    psg chip is installed inside the computer. I don't know if it would
    work with the ZON X-81 interface, but it might give some ideas.

  5. Re: ZON X-81 software

    On Apr 19, 4:10 pm, nixg...@mailinator.com wrote:
    > Back from the 12th ZX-Team meeting I now have a BI-PAKZONX-81 sound
    > module for my ZX81:-))
    >
    > Does anybody know, whether there was any software written to support
    > this module? And where to find it (if it exists)?
    >
    > Siggi

    Hi,
    The SYNC mag number 6 volume 3 november /December 1983 is an issue
    named "SYNC at the concert: Music and Sound"
    on that number you can find 3 articles about the ZOX Module
    沒taff: Teacher and tester", "Making music with ZOX X-81" with good
    programming tips and finally a hardware review: "The X-81 Sound
    Generator"

    Hope you enjoy it
    Gus

  6. Re: ZON X-81 software

    On 6 Mai, 17:09, gus wrote:

    > The SYNC mag number 6 volume 3 november /December 1983 is an issue
    > named "SYNC at the concert: Music and Sound"
    > on that number you can find 3 articles about the ZOX Module
    > 沒taff: Teacher and tester", "Making music with ZOX X-81" with good
    > programming tips and finally a hardware review: "The X-81 Sound
    > Generator"

    Is it somewhere online?

    Siggi

  7. Re: ZON X-81 software

    you got a mail!!

    greetings
    jens

  8. Re: ZON X-81 software

    On May 6, 3:25 pm, nixg...@mailinator.com wrote:
    > On 6 Mai, 17:09, gus wrote:
    >
    > > The SYNC mag number 6 volume 3 november /December 1983 is an issue
    > > named "SYNC at the concert: Music and Sound"
    > > on that number you can find 3 articles about the ZOX Module
    > > 沒taff: Teacher and tester", "Making music with ZOX X-81" with good
    > > programming tips and finally a hardware review: "The X-81 Sound
    > > Generator"

    > Is it somewhere online?
    >
    > Siggi

    Hi Siggi,
    Yes you can download it from W.O.S.
    ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/si...c/Sync8311.pdf

    Gus

  9. Re: ZON X-81 software

    I obtained permission from Mr. David (the chief editor of Sync) to
    scan, distribute and send to WOS all Sync magazines, but I haven't got
    around to do it, and I don't have the whole collection. I had one
    scanned at work but didn't like the way they did it. I guess I'll have
    to do it myself. I also have something called "The Best of Sync", I
    think. For now I'm already too busy with the following:

    -Scanning of the book 'Powerful (hardware) projects for your Timex/
    Sinclair" for the TS2068
    -Sorting my Sync magazines, Timex books, Timex and Spectrum tapes to
    see which ones I'll sell
    -Doing .TZXs (or attempting to) of tapes that appear to have exclusive
    TS2068 titles
    -Finding a way to convert general midi and exporting it to something
    that the AY-3-8912 can play, or a MIDI player for the Spectrum (the
    MIDI might have to "simplified" first).
    -Learning how to use AY trackers and sample trackers.
    -Discussing ideas and projects for the Spectrum (digitized video
    playback, direct read/wire for IDE media, RS232 communication, ideas
    for Spectranet)
    -Helping and managing orders for the K-Mouse Turbo interface (see
    videos on YouTube, not accepting orders anymore).

    It's incredible how an hobby can consume your free time.

  10. Re: ZON X-81 software

    On 7 Mai, 02:11, gus wrote:
    > On May 6, 3:25 pm, nixg...@mailinator.com wrote:
    >
    > > On 6 Mai, 17:09, gus wrote:

    > > > The SYNC mag number 6 volume 3 november /December 1983 is an issue
    > > > named "SYNC at the concert: Music and Sound"
    > > > on that number you can find 3 articles about the ZOX Module
    > > > 沒taff: Teacher and tester", "Making music with ZOX X-81" with good
    > > > programming tips and finally a hardware review: "The X-81 Sound
    > > > Generator"

    > > Is it somewhere online?

    > > Siggi

    > Hi Siggi,
    > Yes you can download it from W.O.S. ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/si...c/Sync8311.pdf
    >
    > Gus

    Thanks a lot!

    Siggi

    @Jens: You have got more time now ;-)

  11. Re: ZON X-81 software

    > -Sorting my Sync magazines, Timex books, Timex and Spectrum tapes to
    > see which ones I'll sell

    Hi Bruno, if you do have any copy of the SYNC that wants to sell or
    any zx81 book I惴 interested, and of course I will be happy helping on
    the SYNC scanning tasks

    > It's incredible how an hobby can consume your free time.

    Yes thats exactly

    Gus

  12. Re: ZON X-81 software

    On May 7, 7:53 am, gus wrote:
    > > -Sorting my Sync magazines, Timex books, Timex and Spectrum tapes to
    > > see which ones I'll sell

    > Hi Bruno, if you do have any copy of the SYNC that wants to sell or
    > any zx81 book I惴 interested, and of course I will be happy helping on
    > the SYNC scanning tasks
    >
    > > It's incredible how an hobby can consume your free time.

    > Yes thats exactly
    >
    > Gus

    Hi Gus. Can you please pm me at WOS or Speccy.org? I'm almost done
    with the list of repeated Sync magazines and ZX81 books. Cheers.

  13. Re: ZON X-81 software

    On Tue, 06 May 2008 08:09:55 -0700, gus wrote:

    > On Apr 19, 4:10 pm, nixg...@mailinator.com wrote:
    >> Back from the 12th ZX-Team meeting I now have a BI-PAKZONX-81 sound
    >> module for my ZX81:-))
    >>
    >> Does anybody know, whether there was any software written to support
    >> this module? And where to find it (if it exists)?
    >>
    >> Siggi

    > Hi,
    > The SYNC mag number 6 volume 3 november /December 1983 is an issue named
    > "SYNC at the concert: Music and Sound" on that number you can find 3
    > articles about the ZOX Module 穡Staff: Teacher and tester", "Making music
    > with ZOX X-81" with good programming tips and finally a hardware review:
    > "The X-81 Sound Generator"
    >
    > Hope you enjoy it
    > Gus

    I have noted from an advert in that issue of 'SYNC' that there was a
    commercial ZX81 RAM pack holder-onner called the 'WOBBLE STOPPER'. It's
    on page 86.

    I always wondered if anyone would make one.

  14. Re: ZON X-81 software

    On Jun 5, 5:31 pm, philicorda
    wrote:
    > On Tue, 06 May 2008 08:09:55 -0700, gus wrote:
    > > On Apr 19, 4:10 pm, nixg...@mailinator.com wrote:
    > >> Back from the 12th ZX-Team meeting I now have a BI-PAKZONX-81 sound
    > >> module for my ZX81:-))

    > >> Does anybody know, whether there was any software written to support
    > >> this module? And where to find it (if it exists)?

    > >> Siggi

    > > Hi,
    > > The SYNC mag number 6 volume 3 november /December 1983 is an issue named
    > > "SYNC at the concert: Music and Sound" on that number you can find 3
    > > articles about the ZOX Module 沒taff: Teacher and tester", "Making music
    > > with ZOX X-81" with good programming tips and finally a hardware review:
    > > "The X-81 Sound Generator"

    > > Hope you enjoy it
    > > Gus

    > I have noted from an advert in that issue of 'SYNC' that there was a
    > commercial ZX81 RAM pack holder-onner called the 'WOBBLE STOPPER'. It's
    > on page 86.
    >
    > I always wondered if anyone would make one.

    Check the new ZX81 forum, hardware section. We're talking about what
    should be built, how many people are interested in it, etc.

    http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/ZX80_ZX81/forums/

+ Reply to Thread