    finally managed to drag him away from the Spectrum (not forever
    though).

  2. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    On 2008-03-23, OwenBot wrote:

    > in Turkey, assuming there are no, er, hitches. That's right, someone
    > finally managed to drag him away from the Spectrum (not forever
    > though).

    Are you sure this is a good idea? ;-)

    Congrats really, see if you can get an interface-1 network going to
    symbolise togetherness but watch out for the dodgy reliability!

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/

  3. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    "OwenBot" wrote in message
    > in Turkey, assuming there are no, er, hitches. That's right, someone
    > finally managed to drag him away from the Spectrum (not forever
    > though).

    Congratulations Andrew! Hope it goes well

    Colin

  4. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 01:44:47 -0700 (PDT) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC OwenBot:

    > in Turkey, assuming there are no, er, hitches. That's right, someone
    > finally managed to drag him away from the Spectrum (not forever
    > though).

    At the risk of flooding c.s.s. with messages that all say the same
    thing... Congratulations!

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  5. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    Chris Young did eloquently scribble:
    > On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 01:44:47 -0700 (PDT) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC OwenBot:

    >> in Turkey, assuming there are no, er, hitches. That's right, someone
    >> finally managed to drag him away from the Spectrum (not forever
    >> though).

    > At the risk of flooding c.s.s. with messages that all say the same
    > thing... Congratulations!

    Tsk, you call that a congratulation? Back in my day we did it properly.

    CONGRATURATION! YOU SUCSESS!
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  6. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:30:03 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >Chris Young did eloquently scribble:
    >> On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 01:44:47 -0700 (PDT) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    >> to MC OwenBot:

    >>> in Turkey, assuming there are no, er, hitches. That's right, someone
    >>> finally managed to drag him away from the Spectrum (not forever
    >>> though).

    >> At the risk of flooding c.s.s. with messages that all say the same
    >> thing... Congratulations!

    >Tsk, you call that a congratulation? Back in my day we did it properly.
    >
    >CONGRATURATION! YOU SUCSESS!

    Bast, beat me to it!

    Dancing rodents Andrew

  7. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    It looks like TBird is lying about having sent my posts. Either that, or
    the internet is broken again. Anyway, I'll try this again and offer my
    apologies if it turns up twice...

    OwenBot wrote:

    > in Turkey, assuming there are no, er, hitches. That's right, someone
    > finally managed to drag him away from the Spectrum

    Yikes! Still, could be worse: you could be getting married *to* a turkey.[1]

    > (not forever though).

    Phew. In that case, congraturation, you sucsess!

    [1] Ho, ho! Do you see what I did there, Spec-chums? Pathetic, wasn't
    it?

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  8. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    "Duncan Snowden" wrote in message
    news:47e72a08$0$1341$834e42db@reader.greatnowhere. com...

    > Phew. In that case, congraturation, you sucsess!

    What he said!

    Len
    --
    If replying, my address after the @ should
    be replaced with freeserve then .co.uk

  9. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    Thank you all! Now we're officially married we have another unofficial
    wedding to go (only civil marriages are recognized in Turkey) and then
    the tricky part - getting my wife a UK settlement visa. Assuming
    everything goes according to plan I hope to be able to introduce her
    to you all at the next CSS meet.

  10. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    OwenBot wrote:

    > Thank you all! Now we're officially married we have another unofficial
    > wedding to go (only civil marriages are recognized in Turkey) and then
    > the tricky part - getting my wife a UK settlement visa. Assuming
    > everything goes according to plan I hope to be able to introduce her
    > to you all at the next CSS meet.

    Hi!

    You are married? Hmmm, I thought you are....

    well. errm.

    Be a good and wise husband. You singled out the way of the ways. My
    belated best wishes! (I couldn't decipher your English in the thread
    post)

    Kind regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  11. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    OwenBot wrote:
    > Assuming
    > everything goes according to plan I hope to be able to introduce her
    > to you all at the next CSS meet.

    What, the one that's happening in two days? That seems a bit optimistic...

    Congrats!

  12. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    On 2008-03-27, OwenBot wrote:

    > Thank you all! Now we're officially married we have another unofficial
    > wedding to go (only civil marriages are recognized in Turkey) and then
    > the tricky part - getting my wife a UK settlement visa. Assuming
    > everything goes according to plan I hope to be able to introduce her
    > to you all at the next CSS meet.

    Introduce her to the newsgroup in glorious ascii-art!

    And where's the ascii-art wedding cake?

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  13. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    "Ian Rawlings" wrote:

    > Introduce her to the newsgroup in glorious ascii-art!
    > And where's the ascii-art wedding cake?

    Everybody who couldn't attend gets e-mailed one character of it, right?

    Eq.

  14. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    On 2008-03-27, Paul E Collins wrote:

    > Everybody who couldn't attend gets e-mailed one character of it, right?

    No marzipan on mine please, can't stand the stuff.

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  15. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:44:35 -0700 (PDT) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC OwenBot:

    > If someone can point me to a JPEG to ASCII
    > converter I'll post a pic, although it will need to fit on google-
    > groups line spacing as I haven't set up newsgroups on the EeePC yet.

    http://csl.sublevel3.org/jp2a/Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  16. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    Ok, ok, the next CSS meet when we're actually in the UK. There was no
    wedding cake as it was a Turkish wedding. But there will be one at the
    reception in the UK. If someone can point me to a JPEG to ASCII
    converter I'll post a pic, although it will need to fit on google-
    groups line spacing as I haven't set up newsgroups on the EeePC yet.
    I'm not even sure I can access them. On the up side - YouTube is
    banned in Turkey at the moment so I'm not wasting any time on it.

  17. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    On 2008-03-27, Chris Young wrote:

    > http://csl.sublevel3.org/jp2a/Chris

    A marvelous ascii rendition of a 404 not found message!

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  18. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:32:08 +0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Ian Rawlings:

    > On 2008-03-27, Chris Young wrote:
    >
    > > http://csl.sublevel3.org/jp2a/Chris

    > A marvelous ascii rendition of a 404 not found message!

    Eh? How did that "Chris" get on the end there?

    Let's try again:
    http://csl.sublevel3.org/jp2a/

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  19. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    On 2008-03-27, Chris Young wrote:

    > On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:32:08 +0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC Ian Rawlings:
    >
    >> On 2008-03-27, Chris Young wrote:
    >>
    >> > http://csl.sublevel3.org/jp2a/Chris

    >> A marvelous ascii rendition of a 404 not found message!

    > Eh? How did that "Chris" get on the end there?
    >
    > Let's try again:
    > http://csl.sublevel3.org/jp2a/

    Heh.

    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWWNK0kkOKXXKKNWXKNMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWXWMMWKOOOO0KNWNWMMMKKMMMMW WNNNNNWMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNXXNWN0O0OOOO0NWWWMMMK00xoc: ;,,',;:llONNNWMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMNXWMMMWNXK000kodOOdxkxodkkkOdc,.. .:lxKNNWWMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMWX0XWNNXKKX0kxdlxOxc;:ldoc:;,. .:dkKXXWMMMMMWMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMNOkOXXKkkOXNX0OOOkdllolol' .;lOXNNWMMWMMMM
    MMMMMWNWMWKOxxdlokK0KNNXNKkO0Oko:. ..cO0KNWWWMMMM
    MMMMWKKMMWNkoo;,ok0NWWXKxcxXKdc:. ..lod0NNMMMMM
    MMMWK0WMMWOddllxdkKNNNNOdkXXx:. .okloXWNNNMMM
    MMMWXXWWMXdlldOdox0NKOoxK0ko, 'ckNMMWWNNMM
    MMWWNKNWWXd;lkdxkkKNxlOWWKo. 'cOMMWMMWWWW
    WWNNWK0NN0c'cod0KXX0okNMNXx. .:OWWMMWMWNN
    XXXNKxxXKc',,;cd0OdxdXNWN0c ;dckWWMMMMMWX
    X0XKooxkl:ll::cdKOodOWWNXd. .:d0NWMMMMMMX
    MWNNKxxo;ll:::cdkkxo0MMX0: .ddlKMWWMMMMN
    MMMMW0o,;cl:collcldx0WW00k. .;xxkNMMMMMMWX
    MMMMMXo,;::lll:cl;,:OWWWWWKo:,. .c0kOWWWMMMMNN
    MMMMMMKl:lcoookd:;,,kMMWWWWMXxoo,.........,;.... .lOKWMMMMMMWXN
    MMMMMMNxlddxl:d; .:;0MKlkNNWWxlXl .::::;oKNkllc;. .:ONWMMMMMMMMXXW
    MMMMMMWxcdxdolo;.;ccXKo;oX0OXxl0o.':. ';;oXXOxl;,,,. cNWMMMMMMMMMWNNM
    MMMMMMMx;lldxlxl'lxOMNOd:,.cOdl;..:;. .o0KNXO0Oc. .;. .. '0WWWWMMWMMMWKKNM
    MMMMMMMXo:ckOlod:;l0WNOl'.'xOl. :x, .o00:cNKOo;.,:.. .':cOWWMMMMKkxdollcxX
    MMMMMMMMOdkKKkdkko;cXWNkdkkkd' .o: .lxx;;dxc...,lcclollc;,oXMMMWO;.;xk0W0xK
    MMMMMMMMNXKO0KOkkdkoddxxxkkk; ...'. 'xxll:. 'do:,'. :XWWNd':O0d:xXOKW
    MMMMMMMMMWOloxKKkoxNWNKKXWNc . '; 'o' :; .xWWNklONK;..lkkNM
    MMMMMMMMMMXxc:dkkkoKMMWWMXc. co. ..'. 'c. 'OWWklxxKW00d'oNMM
    MMMMMMMMMMWOo:lkkkxXWWMWd. .. .;,....',.....'. 'cxNMNc,l;,dXKdo0WMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMWKdoxxkOKMWM0' .. ... .lONWMk'l0l'cxdONWMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMNKxkxx00MWWK; ..... .. 'kNWWWo .'.oxcxXWMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMWKkkdkOWMMMXkdcl,.,;;'. 'kNMMMk. 'oldNMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNx:coXWWMMMM0l' .. .. :0WMMMM0;..,lxKWMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMKl,:OWWMMXxx0l.,c... .. ...lWMMMMMWKKKNWMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMXdl0WMMMKc',. .;;cxl... ... dMMMMMWXNMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWW0KWMMMKdc;,,,',,;dOk0o'. . '0MMMMMNNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWWWXNMMMKo,''''',....;lo0x. .,xWWMNNMNXWMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNXWMMWXOxc::,.. cNNl. ...,;ckXWMW0xxoONXWMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNWN0kl:;::c,. .l0Kkd:,;::0NMMMNkl;.cXMNXNMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNKKd,,,':xol;.ckd:c'.;xXWW00NOk XNWMMW0oc,.cXMMNKNMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMXOKXKkccc. 'lkXXxkKXKNNNWMMMMMWWXx:'..lXMMMWWWMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNXNWWWKkd;....'..dOOW0OkdKNWWMM MWKd;. .oWMMMMMWWMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWKNWWWWWOcxdc:';lOXNMXKKKNWMWX0 d:. :OWMMMMMWWMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWNWMWWWWMNNWWO'cXWNNMMWX0kdl;. .:kNMMMMMMMNNMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNXMWkcOMMNOxdl;lO0Okxc,'. .:OWMMMMWWMMWXNMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMXKNd;dNMMd. .:xKWMMMMMNNNNNXNWMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWXKk:kMMMMo .ckNMMMMMMMMMWWMMWWMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNKxkWMMWNk' .;xXWMMMMMWNWMWWNWMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWK0WMMXxlxo .,lxKNMMWMMMWNKO0XNNWMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMXKWMMO:;oO; ':d0NMMMWXXNXNNXKXNXNWMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMXXMXxookNo.'ONWMMMMWX0kOXXNNWWWMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWNNKXKOXMXKNWMMWNNN0O0kOKWMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWMMNXNWMMWWMWNOddxOKNXWMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWXNNNNXWNOdldOKNWMMWWWMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNXKNXOkONMMMMMMWWWMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/

  20. Re: Owenbot's alter ego is getting hitched...

    I was looking for one I didn't have to build myself (didn't see a
    Xandros compiled version).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast