EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction. - Sinclair

This is a discussion on EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction. - Sinclair ; Hi, Has anyone noticed this before and is it really what happens in a real ZX81 or could it be a bug. Start up eightyone i'm using Version 1.00 (but this happens on 0.42 test Z which i was using ...

  1. EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction.

    Hi,

    Has anyone noticed this before and is it really what happens in a real ZX81
    or could it be a bug.

    Start up eightyone i'm using Version 1.00 (but this happens on 0.42 test Z
    which i was using before i spotted this)

    all settings are default 16K model.

    Once you have the inverted K open the debug window and set a break point at
    &0079
    then single step until the NMI occurs as expected &007A gets pushed onto the
    stack and PC is $0066
    then when single stepping once more EX af,af' happens BUT $0067 gets pushed
    onto the stack also
    And the PC remains at $0066 has Another NMI occured straight away ?

    Is this the behaviour of a real ZX81 ?

    Regards Andy

  2. Re: EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction.

    andy wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone noticed this before and is it really what happens in a
    > real ZX81 or could it be a bug.
    >
    > Start up eightyone i'm using Version 1.00 (but this happens on 0.42
    > test Z which i was using before i spotted this)

    Can't help with your query, but can I ask where you got EightyOne v1.00
    from? The latest version I've been able to find online is 0.43c
    (http://www.aptanet.org/eightyone/).

    Thanks,
    --
    Slower Than You

  3. Re: EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction.

    Slower Than You wrote:
    > Can't help with your query, but can I ask where you got EightyOne v1.00
    > from? The latest version I've been able to find online is 0.43c
    > (http://www.aptanet.org/eightyone/).
    >
    > Thanks,

    Yes, I'd also be interested in any newer version of EightyOne, if it is
    publicly available.

    If it is any help, you can at least download version 0.52 at the Jupiter
    ACE site here:-

    http://www.jupiter-ace.co.uk/emulato...html#eightyone

    0.52 does have some significant bug fixes and additions over 0.43c.

    e.g. Saving into a .tzx file from a ZX Spectrum 128K model is fixed in 0.52.

    There's also a "Sinclair QL" model listed in 0.52, although I haven't
    tried it myself.

    Cheers, DP

  4. Re: EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction.

    http://www.chuntey.com/eightyone.1.0.zip

    No webpage there just the files !

    Andy

    "Slower Than You" wrote in message
    > andy wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Has anyone noticed this before and is it really what happens in a
    >> real ZX81 or could it be a bug.
    >>
    >> Start up eightyone i'm using Version 1.00 (but this happens on 0.42
    >> test Z which i was using before i spotted this)

    > Can't help with your query, but can I ask where you got EightyOne v1.00
    > from? The latest version I've been able to find online is 0.43c
    > (http://www.aptanet.org/eightyone/).
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Slower Than You

  5. Re: EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction.

    LOL changed me name !

    "anon" wrote in message
    > http://www.chuntey.com/eightyone.1.0.zip
    >
    > No webpage there just the files !
    >
    > Andy
    >
    > "Slower Than You" wrote in message
    >> andy wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone noticed this before and is it really what happens in a
    >>> real ZX81 or could it be a bug.
    >>>
    >>> Start up eightyone i'm using Version 1.00 (but this happens on 0.42
    >>> test Z which i was using before i spotted this)

    >> Can't help with your query, but can I ask where you got EightyOne v1.00
    >> from? The latest version I've been able to find online is 0.43c
    >> (http://www.aptanet.org/eightyone/).
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> --
    >> Slower Than You

  6. Re: EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction.

    anon wrote:
    > http://www.chuntey.com/eightyone.1.0.zip
    >
    > No webpage there just the files !
    >
    > Andy

    Superb, thanks, I'll try it later!

  7. Re: EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction.

    anon wrote:

    > http://www.chuntey.com/eightyone.1.0.zip
    >
    > No webpage there just the files !

    Nice. Very nice indeed, in fact.

    Thanks.
    --
    Slower Than You

  8. Re: EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction.

    On Mar 22, 7:32 pm, "anon" wrote:
    > http://www.chuntey.com/eightyone.1.0.zip
    >
    > No webpage there just the files !

    Hello all of you,

    Just looked in my EightyOne version 1.0 directory on my computer and
    there was a file of some 131.076 kByte called FatTest.vhd.
    Google gave this link: http://www.aspdeveloper.net/tiki-index. ...
    verVHDFile AVG could not find a virus...
    This FastTest.vhd file is in the zip file of EightyOne version 1.0...
    And if you look in it, there are lots of zero's (that is why it is
    compressed so much) and it also looks it is a kind of memory dump
    (there is some text: "wrong partition"). So I think it is a file which
    should not be in this EightyOne version 1.0.
    The program is still functioning without the vhd file... So someone
    should remove this vhd file from the zip;-)

    All the best,

    Victor

  9. Re: EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction.

    Victor wrote:
    > This FastTest.vhd file is in the zip file of EightyOne version 1.0...
    > And if you look in it, there are lots of zero's (that is why it is
    > compressed so much) and it also looks it is a kind of memory dump
    > (there is some text: "wrong partition"). So I think it is a file which
    > should not be in this EightyOne version 1.0.

    I just noticed that the FatTest.vhd file is mentioned in the
    accompanying FAT.txt file. (see below)

    So, I suppose if you don't want to do this specific FAT32 filesystem
    test, then you wouldn't need the file. But at least this explains why it
    is present.

    Thanks, DP

    > To test the functionality of the FAT32 filesystem, Start the EightyOne emulator,
    > then select a ZX81 with the MWCFIde IDE interface. From the files menu, select
    > "Drives..." and choose a hard drive image to mount. A sample image "fattest.vhd"
    > is provided with the code. This image was produced by Windows XP running under
    > the VirtualPC software so is a completely authentic filesystem produced by
    > a microsoft operating system.

  10. Re: EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction.

    Hi Victor, DP ...

    Yes, you're true.
    This file is a Fat32 hard disk image.
    This file was build to test the ZX81's disk controler added in the last OE
    release.
    In fact, there's an empty hard disk image ... plenty of Zero bytes.

    Many virus trackers seem to point obvious virus tags.(many virus database
    get only 8Bytes and compare it to the scanned files)
    But, this file, if it's used in EO, can't destroy any things on your
    computer.

    However, if you had to use DosBox or Bosh, the virus could be wake-up throw
    commons devices... hard disc, floppys or IP.
    EO don't use such direct periferal devices, and the zx81's hard disk driver
    seem to be a pretty good firewall.

    >>This image was produced by Windows XP running under
    > > the VirtualPC software so is a completely authentic filesystem produced
    > >by a microsoft operating system.

    MsDos was a famous virus ! ... homing our boot sector.

    .... But, is there any virus on ZX81?

    Xav.

    "Digital Prawn" a écrit dans le message de
    news:MOCdnZgZHc7xJXPanZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@eclipse.net. uk...
    > Victor wrote:
    > > This FastTest.vhd file is in the zip file of EightyOne version 1.0...
    > > And if you look in it, there are lots of zero's (that is why it is
    > > compressed so much) and it also looks it is a kind of memory dump
    > > (there is some text: "wrong partition"). So I think it is a file which
    > > should not be in this EightyOne version 1.0.

    > I just noticed that the FatTest.vhd file is mentioned in the
    > accompanying FAT.txt file. (see below)
    >
    > So, I suppose if you don't want to do this specific FAT32 filesystem
    > test, then you wouldn't need the file. But at least this explains why it
    > is present.
    >
    > Thanks, DP
    >
    > > To test the functionality of the FAT32 filesystem, Start the EightyOne

    emulator,
    > > then select a ZX81 with the MWCFIde IDE interface. From the files menu,

    select
    > > "Drives..." and choose a hard drive image to mount. A sample image

    "fattest.vhd"
    > > is provided with the code. This image was produced by Windows XP

    running under
    > > the VirtualPC software so is a completely authentic filesystem produced

    by
    > > a microsoft operating system.

  11. Re: EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction.

    On 31 Mrz., 18:11, "GzavSnap" france> wrote:

    > This file is a Fat32 hard disk image.
    > This file was build to test the ZX81's disk controler added in the last OE
    > release.

    And I use Mike's program code with my real Zeddy and its MMC interface
    to read/write files from a FAT32 formatted MMC card :-)

    Siggi

    BTW: Does anybody know Mike's current e-mail address?

  12. Re: EightyOne NMI after Halt instruction.

    Note:
    The ZX81's Larken floppy driver is avalaible in Eighty-one released "0.52"
    ;-))
    Many thanks to Mike.

    Xav.

    a écrit dans le message de
    > On 31 Mrz., 18:11, "GzavSnap" > france> wrote:
    >
    > > This file is a Fat32 hard disk image.
    > > This file was build to test the ZX81's disk controler added in the last

    OE
    > > release.

    > And I use Mike's program code with my real Zeddy and its MMC interface
    > to read/write files from a FAT32 formatted MMC card :-)
    >
    > Siggi
    >
    > BTW: Does anybody know Mike's current e-mail address?

+ Reply to Thread