Computer History PhD - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Computer History PhD - Sinclair ; Hi all I'm working on a PhD on the History of Microcomputing in Britain in the 1980's. As part of this I was hoping to talk to some people about their experiences with their microcomputer - what they did with ...

  1. Computer History PhD

    Hi all
    I'm working on a PhD on the History of Microcomputing in
    Britain in the 1980's. As part of this I was hoping to talk to some
    people about their experiences with their microcomputer - what they
    did with it, what they thought of it, that sort of thing.

    I was wondering if there was anybody around here who'd mind sharing
    some of their memories of microcomputing in this period with me,
    either through email, questionnaire, msn or whatever. (Has to be
    people from Britain sorry to anyone from the rest of the world)

    If you'd like to help out, please get in touch.

    There is some more information about my project at
    http://personalpages.manchester.ac.u...d/thomas.lean/ if you're
    interested.

    Cheers,

    Tom

  2. Re: Computer History PhD

    On 19 Mar, 15:32, Tom Lean wrote:
    > Hi all
    > * * * * *I'm working on a PhD on the History of Microcomputing in
    > Britain in the 1980's. As part of this I was hoping to talk to some
    > people about their experiences with their microcomputer - what they
    > did with it, what they thought of it, that sort of thing.
    >
    > I was wondering if there was anybody around here who'd mind sharing
    > some of their memories of microcomputing in this period with me,
    > either through email, questionnaire, msn or whatever. (Has to be
    > people from Britain sorry to anyone from the rest of the world)
    >
    > If you'd like to help out, please get in touch.
    >
    > There is some more information about my project athttp://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/postgrad/thomas.lean/if you're
    > interested.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Tom

    Hi,

    I sent you an email... I've written about Commodore, the ZX81 and a
    few other computers in my time - if any of my previous works will help
    you, let me know.

    Regards,

    Shaun.

+ Reply to Thread