Eproms - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Eproms - Sinclair ; the 27c64 is that an 8k or 64k eprom? Graham...

  1. Eproms

    the 27c64 is that an 8k or 64k eprom?

    Graham

  2. Re: Eproms

    Do you believe in fate, Graham Prout?
    > the 27c64 is that an 8k or 64k eprom?

    It is 64 / 8 = 8kB
    < http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/...r/DS010331.PDF >

    > Graham

    Slawek
    --
    ________
    _/ __/ __/ came whiffling through the tulgey wood and burbled as it came ...

  3. Re: Eproms

    Can a 27c256 be used inplace of the 27c64 it has the same pins just not sure
    with the programming, as it loke like 32k not 8k.

    Graham

    "Sławomir Szczyrba" wrote in message
    > Do you believe in fate, Graham Prout?
    >> the 27c64 is that an 8k or 64k eprom?
    >>

    > It is 64 / 8 = 8kB
    > < http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/...r/DS010331.PDF >
    >
    >> Graham

    > Slawek
    > --
    > ________
    > _/ __/ __/ came whiffling through the tulgey wood and burbled as it came
    > \__ \__ \_________________________________________________ ______________
    > /___/___/ Sławomir Szczyrba steev/AT/hot\dot\pl

  4. Re: Eproms

    Sinclair PC200 512k (V1.5) on 10 March 2008
    : Can a 27c256 be used inplace of the 27c64 it has the same pins just not
    : sure with the programming, as it loke like 32k not 8k.

    I've done that with a SCSI controller on a PC. You just concatenate as
    many copies of the ROM image as necessary (in this case, four) to get it up
    to the right length.

    --
    --------------------------- ,@@.o ,@@. SPELL SUCCEEDS
    John Elliott | @@@@ @@@@ n \_O_

  5. Re: Eproms

    Ave Graham Prout!
    > Can a 27c256 be used inplace of the 27c64 it has the same pins just not sure
    > with the programming, as it loke like 32k not 8k.

    Programming is slightly different, but once programmed, 27c256 will work
    with no problems. (You can even fill it with four different copies of system
    and switch between them...)

    > Graham

    Slawek
    --
    ________ Do you think my being faster, stronger
    _/ __/ __/ has anything to do with my muscles in this place? -- Morpheus

  6. Re: Eproms

    How and what pins would i put the switch on as i am going to program a
    geniedos-pd and a unido-pd and the gdos-pd onto a say 27c512 and the
    genie128 and multiface128 onto a 27c256 and would like to use a swich to
    select which rom to use at a time, would this work?

    > Ave Graham Prout!
    >> Can a 27c256 be used inplace of the 27c64 it has the same pins just not
    >> sure
    >> with the programming, as it loke like 32k not 8k.
    >>

    > Programming is slightly different, but once programmed, 27c256 will work
    > with no problems. (You can even fill it with four different copies of
    > system
    > and switch between them...)
    >
    >> Graham

    > Slawek
    > --
    > ________ Do you think my being faster, stronger
    > _/ __/ __/ has anything to do with my muscles in this place? -- Morpheus
    > \__ \__ \_________________________________________________ ______________
    > /___/___/ Sławomir Szczyrba steev/AT/hot\dot\pl

  7. Re: Eproms

    Phoebe Graham Prout napisału :
    > How and what pins would i put the switch on as i am going to program a
    > geniedos-pd and a unido-pd and the gdos-pd onto a say 27c512 and the
    > genie128 and multiface128 onto a 27c256 and would like to use a swich to
    > select which rom to use at a time, would this work?

    Always highest A-pins...
    27c512 - A15 & A14 switches between four 16kB areas,
    27c256 - A14 switches between two of them.

    Use 'standard' TTL signals (to make it simply: '0' - connect pin to 'ground',
    '1' - connetct it to +5V via 1k..5k resistor)

    > Graham

    Slawek
    --
    ________
    _/ __/ __/ Gdzie moja broń? (ostatnie słowa gracza RPG)

  8. Re: Eproms

    One problem with switching roms like this is that any system variables
    stored in ram between switching sequences are likely to confuse the next rom
    you select.

    Brian

    --
    Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
    in the display name may be lost.
    "Graham Prout" wrote in message
    > How and what pins would i put the switch on as i am going to program a
    > geniedos-pd and a unido-pd and the gdos-pd onto a say 27c512 and the
    > genie128 and multiface128 onto a 27c256 and would like to use a swich to
    > select which rom to use at a time, would this work?
    >

    > Graham
    >

    > "Sławomir Szczyrba" wrote in message
    >> Ave Graham Prout!
    >>> Can a 27c256 be used inplace of the 27c64 it has the same pins just not
    >>> sure
    >>> with the programming, as it loke like 32k not 8k.
    >>>

    >> Programming is slightly different, but once programmed, 27c256 will work
    >> with no problems. (You can even fill it with four different copies of
    >> system
    >> and switch between them...)
    >>
    >>> Graham

    >> Slawek
    >> --
    >> ________ Do you think my being faster, stronger
    >> _/ __/ __/ has anything to do with my muscles in this place? -- Morpheus
    >> \__ \__ \_________________________________________________ ______________
    >> /___/___/ Sławomir Szczyrba steev/AT/hot\dot\pl

  9. Re: Eproms

    So does this mean before I dump my 100 or so vtx 5000 I need to unscrew them
    all to pull out the 8k eproms then?

    Brian

    --
    "Brian Gaff" wrote in message
    news:RtrBj.21349$XI.7280@text.news.virginmedia.com ...
    > One problem with switching roms like this is that any system variables
    > stored in ram between switching sequences are likely to confuse the next
    > rom you select.
    >
    > Brian
    >
    > --
    > Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
    > Note:- In order to reduce spam, any email without 'Brian Gaff'
    > in the display name may be lost.
    > Blind user, so no pictures please!
    > "Graham Prout" wrote in message
    >> How and what pins would i put the switch on as i am going to program a
    >> geniedos-pd and a unido-pd and the gdos-pd onto a say 27c512 and the
    >> genie128 and multiface128 onto a 27c256 and would like to use a swich to
    >> select which rom to use at a time, would this work?
    >>

    >> Graham
    >>

    >> "Sławomir Szczyrba" wrote in message
    >>> Ave Graham Prout!
    >>>>
    >>> Programming is slightly different, but once programmed, 27c256 will work
    >>> with no problems. (You can even fill it with four different copies of
    >>> system
    >>> and switch between them...)

    >>> Slawek
    >>> --
    >>> ________ Do you think my being faster, stronger
    >>> _/ __/ __/ has anything to do with my muscles in this place? -- Morpheus
    >>> \__ \__ \_________________________________________________ ______________
    >>> /___/___/ Sławomir Szczyrba steev/AT/hot\dot\pl

  10. Re: Eproms

    "Graham Sprout" wrote in message
    > the 27c64 is that an 8k or 64k eprom?
    >
    > Graham

    Its a Rubber Nun.

    Porky Taylor
    "The guy in the rubber sausage suit"

  11. Re: Eproms

    Ok so i have programmed the mf128 eprom onto a 27c256 but it wont work i
    have tryed if in various sizes, if there any thing i need to do or does the
    rom file with the emulators not work in a real mf128 or are there extra
    bytes of something at the beginning that need to be removed?

    Graham

    "Graham Prout" wrote in message
    > the 27c64 is that an 8k or 64k eprom?
    >
    > Graham

  12. Re: Eproms

    [Graham Prout] :
    > Ok so i have programmed the mf128 eprom onto a 27c256 but it wont work i
    > have tryed if in various sizes, if there any thing i need to do or does the
    > rom file with the emulators not work in a real mf128 or are there extra
    > bytes of something at the beginning that need to be removed?

    Did you set A14 to '0' ?
    (or programm two copies of old eprom into new chip?)

    > Graham

    Slawek
    --
    ________ Mały poradnik życia - 73 :
    _/ __/ __/ Nigdy nie zapominaj o swojej rocznicy ślubu.

  13. Re: Eproms

    Graham Prout:
    > the 27c64 is that an 8k or 64k eprom?
    >
    > Graham

    Hi Graham,

    that would be an 8K eprom.

    Frans

  14. Re: Eproms

    Your MF Eprom will work if you program all of the rom with the romfile.
    Just append the file with a copy of itself so it repeats and then
    program the bigger Eprom so it's completely filled.
    Ofcourse this is only if you decide not to put different versions of the
    roms in one Eprom.

    Frans

  15. Re: Eproms

    Hi Frans

    So that would be 4 copys of the rom file into 1, whats the best way of
    combining the 4 images into 1?

    Regards

    Graham

  16. Re: Eproms

    Graham Prout wrote:
    > So that would be 4 copys of the rom file into 1, what's the best way of
    > combining the 4 images into 1?

    In Unix: cat rom rom rom rom > bigrom
    In DOS: COPY /B rom rom rom rom bigrom

  17. Re: Eproms

    Ok dont that and i will get them blow onto 27c256 eproms tomorrow in work
    and try them tomorrow evening and let the work now the outcome.

    Thanks.

    Graham

    "jgharston" wrote in message
    > Graham Prout wrote:
    >> So that would be 4 copys of the rom file into 1, what's the best way of
    >> combining the 4 images into 1?

    > In Unix: cat rom rom rom rom > bigrom
    > In DOS: COPY /B rom rom rom rom bigrom

  18. Re: Eproms

    Did'nt work, and now the original rom chip dont work either, now i am
    scuppered

    Graham

  19. Re: Eproms

    Are you sure your Multiface Hardware is compatible with the romfile
    you've selected?
    email me if you've still got problems...

    amigafan at e2e.nl

    Frans

    Graham Prout:
    > Did'nt work, and now the original rom chip dont work either, now i am

    > scuppered
    >

    > Graham

+ Reply to Thread