New BASin available (Release 14a). - Sinclair

This is a discussion on New BASin available (Release 14a). - Sinclair ; Hi you lot - After extensive testing by the WOS lot, I can now announce a new BASin to CSS. Get it here: http://paul.dunn.googlepages.com/BASin_r14a.exe and report bugs to me via WOS or email (preferably my GMail address, as found in ...

  1. New BASin available (Release 14a).

    Hi you lot -

    After extensive testing by the WOS lot, I can now announce a new BASin to
    CSS.

    Get it here:
    http://paul.dunn.googlepages.com/BASin_r14a.exe

    and report bugs to me via WOS or email (preferably my GMail address, as
    found in the BASin manual).

    A brief tour of what's new:

    The paintbox! Possibly the most powerful thing I've yet written - you really
    should read the supplied manual for it before using it. It's kind of like
    PSP for the Speccy, but things aren't quite what you think they are. So
    before you complain that it doesn't have such-and-such (yeah, there's no
    spraycan. Or is there?) make sure you've read the docs. Please.

    It can import your JPG/PNG/GIF/BMP images. It can use windows fonts,
    spectrum fonts, any graphic you have available as a pen, there's gradient
    fills, and various other tools that are just too cool to mention.

    There's a whole tonne of bugs fixed, so it should be more stable for you
    now,and some pretty neat changes under the bonnet which only a real geek
    would notice.

    If you have any suggestions as to features that the paintbox needs, then let
    me know.

    Enjoy,

    D.

  2. Re: New BASin available (Release 14a).

    Dunny wrote:

    > The paintbox! Possibly the most powerful thing I've yet written - you really
    > should read the supplied manual for it before using it. It's kind of like
    > PSP for the Speccy, but things aren't quite what you think they are. So
    > before you complain that it doesn't have such-and-such (yeah, there's no
    > spraycan. Or is there?) make sure you've read the docs. Please.
    >
    > It can import your JPG/PNG/GIF/BMP images. It can use windows fonts,
    > spectrum fonts, any graphic you have available as a pen, there's gradient
    > fills, and various other tools that are just too cool to mention.

    You're dead right there. Although... I don't know if it's just less
    happy running under WINE than before, but I get an "Access violation at
    address 0047DDEF" when I start the Paintbox and an "invalid floating
    point operation" when I switch on "Allow BRIGHT" in the graphic importer.

    If it does turn out to be a WINE thing I don't suppose there's much that
    can be done, but I thought I'd better mention it.

    No other probs so far, though: it's as utterly suffused with coolness as
    ever.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  3. Re: New BASin available (Release 14a).

    Dunny wrote:
    > Hi you lot -
    >
    > After extensive testing by the WOS lot, I can now announce a new
    > BASin to CSS.

    Good stuff... time to get working on the CGC entry I meant to make last
    year...

    Thanks!

  4. Re: New BASin available (Release 14a).

    Hey, Dunny, do you have any update on the Sinclair type OS for laptops
    you were working on??

    Cheers,

    Dicky

+ Reply to Thread